I have been bit unsure where MCU was going after Endgame, but apparently the answer is; just releasing tons of new movies. So since i'm kinda baffled what is coming, I thought of compiling list here for others as well. This is based on information from recent Comic Con so it should be official and recent info.
Source: Your Full List of All Upcoming Marvel Movies — With Key Details!
May 1, 2020: Black Widow
Since Black Widow passed away in Endgame (oops spoilers sry), this will have to come before happenings in Endgame. Or who knows, they raise characters from dead all the time in comics who prevents them from doing that in movies too. There doesn't seem to be really information on plot or casting which is bit weird cause it's not that far away, but well let's hope they do her justice? I'm personally hoping it's another action thriller like Captain America was cause I love thrillers and while I love joking around in MCU- I feel like serious stuff would fit her better.
November 6, 2020: Eternals
This is kinda awkward, I'm actually quite big fan of Marvel comics and have read tons.. but I have no idea who Eternals are other than aliens i guess? Thank god there is actually information of this (tons more even if it becomes half year later than Black Widow??);
"Eternals are a race of fantastically powerful proto-humans engineered by the Celestials (more on them in a moment) to harness vast amounts of “cosmic energy. Generations of infighting and wars against another Celestial experiment, the Deviants, followed. "
"film will center on an Eternal named Sersi with the powers of flight, strength, immortality, and molecular manipulation, but as of the Comic-con presentation, the part has not been cast. Confirmed cast members include Richard Madden as Ikaris, Kumail Nanjiani as Kingo, Lauren Ridloff as Makkari, Brian Tyree Henry as Phastos, Salma Hayek as Ajak, Lia McHugh as Sprite, Don Lee as Gilgamesh, and Angelina Jolie as Thena. "
I just hope this ties to Guardians of Galaxy somehow cause currently not most into what this sound like, like I don't know any of those Marvel characters which is just weirding me out. I feel like they would have so many characters and teams that are more well known to make movie about, but they choose unknown aliens? Though in bright side; finally a MCU movie where I'm not comparing characters to their comic counterparts all the time.
February 12, 2021: Shang-Chi And The Legend Of The Ten Rings
... double awkward, another title and character i know nth about.
"Based on Marvel’s 1970s comic book The Hands of Shang-Chi: Master of Kung-Fu.. In the comics, Shang-Chi was the son of legendary literary villain Fu Manchu. Learning the truth about his dad’s business, he used his martial arts prowess against his father and any other Marvel baddie ready to go against his mighty hands. "
That's just the comic book version though so MCU will probably change it up a lot. It's speculated that this will have sth to do with Mandarin cause of ten rings. So far i'm just ??? about this one as well.
May 7, 2021: Doctor Strange In The Multiverse Of Madness
Oh yay, it's finally character I recognize, and continuation from previous movie. The first one was actually quite good, i think the graphics really were highlight for me such cool use of magic.
This will not only have Doctor Strange, but apparently also Scarlet Witch which is cool match up. Especially with their movie counterparts, I think it will be interesting and ofc magic-filled.
Director Scott Derrickson has called the movie first scary MCU movie so idk how that is going to play out, like are they going with horror somehow. Doctor Strange's first movie was quite full of jokes and comedy so will they stop that and go full horror instead? I have no idea.
November 5, 2021: Thor: Love And Thunder
Damn that title is just weird for me.
This is going to be directed by Taika Waititi who also did Thor: Ragnarok. And apparently THOR WON'T BE THOR ANYMORE. Instead they are going to have Natalie Portman who played Thor's love interest in Thor 1 and 2 to become Thor, similar as Jane Foster did in comics. We will also be seen Valkyrie as king of New Asgard on Earth and probably Loki will be somewhere.. unless he stays dead (sorry for spoiler).
So this is a thing now in MCU also.
I actually like female Thor in comics (where I find Thor Odinson mostly boring af), so this actually sounds pretty good for me. Hopefully they make Natalie beefy somehow.
There is also bunch of other movies upcoming, but not set dates yet those include: Blade, Guardians of Galaxy vol 3, Black Panther 2, Captain Marvel 2, The Fantastic Four, Spider-man 3.
Source: Your Full List of All Upcoming Marvel Movies — With Key Details!
May 1, 2020: Black Widow
Since Black Widow passed away in Endgame (oops spoilers sry), this will have to come before happenings in Endgame. Or who knows, they raise characters from dead all the time in comics who prevents them from doing that in movies too. There doesn't seem to be really information on plot or casting which is bit weird cause it's not that far away, but well let's hope they do her justice? I'm personally hoping it's another action thriller like Captain America was cause I love thrillers and while I love joking around in MCU- I feel like serious stuff would fit her better.
November 6, 2020: Eternals
This is kinda awkward, I'm actually quite big fan of Marvel comics and have read tons.. but I have no idea who Eternals are other than aliens i guess? Thank god there is actually information of this (tons more even if it becomes half year later than Black Widow??);
"Eternals are a race of fantastically powerful proto-humans engineered by the Celestials (more on them in a moment) to harness vast amounts of “cosmic energy. Generations of infighting and wars against another Celestial experiment, the Deviants, followed. "
"film will center on an Eternal named Sersi with the powers of flight, strength, immortality, and molecular manipulation, but as of the Comic-con presentation, the part has not been cast. Confirmed cast members include Richard Madden as Ikaris, Kumail Nanjiani as Kingo, Lauren Ridloff as Makkari, Brian Tyree Henry as Phastos, Salma Hayek as Ajak, Lia McHugh as Sprite, Don Lee as Gilgamesh, and Angelina Jolie as Thena. "
I just hope this ties to Guardians of Galaxy somehow cause currently not most into what this sound like, like I don't know any of those Marvel characters which is just weirding me out. I feel like they would have so many characters and teams that are more well known to make movie about, but they choose unknown aliens? Though in bright side; finally a MCU movie where I'm not comparing characters to their comic counterparts all the time.
February 12, 2021: Shang-Chi And The Legend Of The Ten Rings
... double awkward, another title and character i know nth about.
"Based on Marvel’s 1970s comic book The Hands of Shang-Chi: Master of Kung-Fu.. In the comics, Shang-Chi was the son of legendary literary villain Fu Manchu. Learning the truth about his dad’s business, he used his martial arts prowess against his father and any other Marvel baddie ready to go against his mighty hands. "
That's just the comic book version though so MCU will probably change it up a lot. It's speculated that this will have sth to do with Mandarin cause of ten rings. So far i'm just ??? about this one as well.
May 7, 2021: Doctor Strange In The Multiverse Of Madness
Oh yay, it's finally character I recognize, and continuation from previous movie. The first one was actually quite good, i think the graphics really were highlight for me such cool use of magic.
This will not only have Doctor Strange, but apparently also Scarlet Witch which is cool match up. Especially with their movie counterparts, I think it will be interesting and ofc magic-filled.
Director Scott Derrickson has called the movie first scary MCU movie so idk how that is going to play out, like are they going with horror somehow. Doctor Strange's first movie was quite full of jokes and comedy so will they stop that and go full horror instead? I have no idea.
November 5, 2021: Thor: Love And Thunder
Damn that title is just weird for me.
This is going to be directed by Taika Waititi who also did Thor: Ragnarok. And apparently THOR WON'T BE THOR ANYMORE. Instead they are going to have Natalie Portman who played Thor's love interest in Thor 1 and 2 to become Thor, similar as Jane Foster did in comics. We will also be seen Valkyrie as king of New Asgard on Earth and probably Loki will be somewhere.. unless he stays dead (sorry for spoiler).
So this is a thing now in MCU also.
I actually like female Thor in comics (where I find Thor Odinson mostly boring af), so this actually sounds pretty good for me. Hopefully they make Natalie beefy somehow.
There is also bunch of other movies upcoming, but not set dates yet those include: Blade, Guardians of Galaxy vol 3, Black Panther 2, Captain Marvel 2, The Fantastic Four, Spider-man 3.