News VAV's Jacob says the n-word twice in a live (1 Viewer)

maruberry

🌈✨ FREE HUGS ✨🌈
.
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
13,505
Reactions Received
41,701
Location
Estonia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
514
Gender
Non-Binary
Pronouns
He/They
Ship
Wreck
I've said this before and I'll say it again.
Why tf would a chinese guy be aware of english racial slurs and what is and isn't acceptable with them.

Fuck I never knew saying the word even when covering songs wasn't fine until I saw kpop idols get shit over it.
 
Joined
8 April 2020
Messages
2,021
Reactions Received
4,721
Website
miracleboysatori.carrd.co
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Non-Binary
Ship
Wreck
I've said this before and I'll say it again.
Why tf would a chinese guy be aware of english racial slurs and what is and isn't acceptable with them.

Fuck I never knew saying the word even when covering songs wasn't fine until I saw kpop idols get shit over it.
hes fluent in english though
 

maruberry

🌈✨ FREE HUGS ✨🌈
.
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
13,505
Reactions Received
41,701
Location
Estonia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
514
Gender
Non-Binary
Pronouns
He/They
Ship
Wreck
hes fluent in english though
I've considered myself fluent in english since I was like 14, still wasn't aware of english racial slurs

bcs you know..... in lessons topics like swearwords and slurs aren't really covered and unless he was REALLY interested in shiz like politics or the racial divide in america.... how would he be aware?

Well, I'll admit, he prolly is AWARE that the word exists, but the rules surrounding it or that people will get mad over you even saying it when singing the lyrics of the song? Yeah I can totally see him not being aware that it isn't alright.

I wasn't aware of it being "problematic" until like I said, I saw ppl getting mad at kpop idols over it! I was aware it was a "bad word" so to say, but not anything beyond that.

It is one thing to know the word exists and another to know the history behind it and in what cases it is or isn't fine. like recently another idol I think mouthed it along and in her response said that she didn't know how bad it was and thought it was just a swearword similar to "fuck" or "shit"
 
  • Like
Reactions: JakeyWantsCakey
Joined
8 April 2020
Messages
2,021
Reactions Received
4,721
Website
miracleboysatori.carrd.co
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Non-Binary
Ship
Wreck
I've considered myself fluent in english since I was like 14, still wasn't aware of english racial slurs

bcs you know..... in lessons topics like swearwords and slurs aren't really covered and unless he was REALLY interested in shiz like politics or the racial divide in america.... how would he be aware?

Well, I'll admit, he prolly is AWARE that the word exists, but the rules surrounding it or that people will get mad over you even saying it when singing the lyrics of the song? Yeah I can totally see him not being aware that it isn't alright.

I wasn't aware of it being "problematic" until like I said, I saw ppl getting mad at kpop idols over it! I was aware it was a "bad word" so to say, but not anything beyond that.

It is one thing to know the word exists and another to know the history behind it and in what cases it is or isn't fine. like recently another idol I think mouthed it along and in her response said that she didn't know how bad it was and thought it was just a swearword similar to "fuck" or "shit"
i just don't understand because even if he thought it was just another curse word, idols don't curse 👀
 

maruberry

🌈✨ FREE HUGS ✨🌈
.
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
13,505
Reactions Received
41,701
Location
Estonia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
514
Gender
Non-Binary
Pronouns
He/They
Ship
Wreck
i just don't understand because even if he thought it was just another curse word, idols don't curse 👀
They do though? When covering songs?

like NCT's Renjun said fuck in his fools cover with his whole chest.

like have you srsly never heard an idol curse in a cover before? Not to mention he wasn't even doing a proper cover and more like mumbling along.
 
  • Like
Reactions: JakeyWantsCakey
Joined
8 April 2020
Messages
2,021
Reactions Received
4,721
Website
miracleboysatori.carrd.co
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Non-Binary
Ship
Wreck
They do though? When covering songs?

like NCT's Renjun said fuck in his fools cover with his whole chest.

like have you srsly never heard an idol curse in a cover before? Not to mention he wasn't even doing a proper cover and more like mumbling along.
rarely tbh. they should be allowed to curse if they want to but i've rarely seen it
 

maruberry

🌈✨ FREE HUGS ✨🌈
.
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
13,505
Reactions Received
41,701
Location
Estonia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
514
Gender
Non-Binary
Pronouns
He/They
Ship
Wreck
rarely tbh. they should be allowed to curse if they want to but i've rarely seen it
Well yeah, they do usually keep a clean image, but like..... the man is just mumbling along to a song in this. I can totally understand him not being aware of that not being alright.
 
Joined
8 April 2020
Messages
2,021
Reactions Received
4,721
Website
miracleboysatori.carrd.co
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Non-Binary
Ship
Wreck
Well yeah, they do usually keep a clean image, but like..... the man is just mumbling along to a song in this. I can totally understand him not being aware of that not being alright.
idk, i'm just waiting for an apology, that's what makes or breaks it
 
  • Like
Reactions: maruberry

maruberry

🌈✨ FREE HUGS ✨🌈
.
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
13,505
Reactions Received
41,701
Location
Estonia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
514
Gender
Non-Binary
Pronouns
He/They
Ship
Wreck
idk, i'm just waiting for an apology, that's what makes or breaks it
I mean..... even if you want an apology, don't be mad at the idol over this, it isn't as if the idol themselves decides if they will post an apology or not.
Not to mention even if there IS an apology there is like a 99% probability that it is just written by the company.
 
Joined
8 April 2020
Messages
2,021
Reactions Received
4,721
Website
miracleboysatori.carrd.co
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Non-Binary
Ship
Wreck
I mean..... even if you want an apology, don't be mad at the idol over this, it isn't as if the idol themselves decides if they will post an apology or not.
Not to mention even if there IS an apology there is like a 99% probability that it is just written by the company.
no i'm just saying if he refuses to apologize or something, i can't stan someone like that
 
  • Like
Reactions: maruberry
Joined
8 April 2020
Messages
2,021
Reactions Received
4,721
Website
miracleboysatori.carrd.co
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Non-Binary
Ship
Wreck
But like..... how would you know it is HIM who is refusing to apologize?
He states "I refuse to apologize since i did nothing wrong"
 
Joined
8 April 2020
Messages
2,021
Reactions Received
4,721
Website
miracleboysatori.carrd.co
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Non-Binary
Ship
Wreck
  • Wow
Reactions: maruberry

maruberry

🌈✨ FREE HUGS ✨🌈
.
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
13,505
Reactions Received
41,701
Location
Estonia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
514
Gender
Non-Binary
Pronouns
He/They
Ship
Wreck
I mean like the whole iLuv thing
that seems.... yeah....
Like if an idol ever says smth like that their management needs to work more bcs they really ain't earning the money they get.

bcs like ignoring the situation I get (from a business perspective) trying to not draw any more attention to it and just move on aka trying to make it so more ppl don't find out.

I get apologizing, this is trying to make the ppl upset less upset

but going, fuck the ppl who are upset???? That makes 0 sense, you aren't making ppl MORE upset AND drawing more attention to the situation!
 
  • Like
Reactions: Wonpil

VillageIdiot

It's Time To Break Free Of The Blues
.
.
Joined
8 November 2018
Messages
19,193
Reactions Received
60,789
Location
Tokki Topia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
19,207
Fandom
Toxic
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her/Drama Kween
Ship
Songs are weird territory, especially rap. A lot of idols don't really know, don't pick up on it or say it by accident because the song is fast like that girl from Hiniapia
I don't really care and he's nugu af so I care even less 🤷🏾‍♀️
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread