- Joined
- 4 December 2018
- Messages
- 3,200
- Reactions Received
- 11,455
- Location
- USA
- Website
- emanresukdrama.wordpress.com
- Cards
- View Profile
- KS Coins
- 205
- Fandom
- Once, Sone
- Gender
- Male
Violet Evergarden Is One Of The Most Beautiful Stories I've Ever Seen
Have you ever watched something where you got the sense that you were watching something very special? Something that takes hold of you in a way that seems to transcend mere entertainment and touches something deep inside?
I got this sense almost immediately with Violet Evergarden.
This distinctive pull.
This beautiful yearning.
Violet Evergarden is quite unlike any story I've ever watched.
Set in an alternative Europe during World War 1. Violet Evergarden follows a young girl who was trained as a weapon of war, who now finds herself a civilian, trying to adjust to normal life.
Our lead, Violet, is emotionless. Near robotic in her manner and thinking. She struggles to find a purpose. To find out what being human really means.
Driven by her desire to understand the words of affection her former military commander (and protector) said to her before he was lost to war, Violet becomes a letter writer at a post office.
In this world, most of the populace cannot write. So letter writers are an important and prized institution to help people express their thoughts, their feelings, their emotions, with friends and family.
Violet works to become one of these conduits for human emotion, and in doing so, discovers herself. And what it means to be human. To love. To yearn. To live.
And so we follow her on this life affirming adventure.
I'm writing this so that you might also watch this show. I originally thought I'd write a spoiler filled discussion, to talk with those that have seen it. But rather..... I want others to watch this. So I decided to direct this at everyone, not just those that have seen it.
To end, let me say.
Violet Evergarden is one of the most beautiful and touching stories I've ever came across.
It is so unlike anything I've ever seen.
Beautifully drawn and scored.
A story that is life affirming.
An experience all its own.
Please. Watch Violet Evergarden.
It's on Netflix. Original Japanese.
Yours Truly,
Emanresu
A taste of the beauty of the score.
Have you ever watched something where you got the sense that you were watching something very special? Something that takes hold of you in a way that seems to transcend mere entertainment and touches something deep inside?
I got this sense almost immediately with Violet Evergarden.
This distinctive pull.
This beautiful yearning.
Violet Evergarden is quite unlike any story I've ever watched.
Set in an alternative Europe during World War 1. Violet Evergarden follows a young girl who was trained as a weapon of war, who now finds herself a civilian, trying to adjust to normal life.
Our lead, Violet, is emotionless. Near robotic in her manner and thinking. She struggles to find a purpose. To find out what being human really means.
Driven by her desire to understand the words of affection her former military commander (and protector) said to her before he was lost to war, Violet becomes a letter writer at a post office.
In this world, most of the populace cannot write. So letter writers are an important and prized institution to help people express their thoughts, their feelings, their emotions, with friends and family.
Violet works to become one of these conduits for human emotion, and in doing so, discovers herself. And what it means to be human. To love. To yearn. To live.
And so we follow her on this life affirming adventure.
I'm writing this so that you might also watch this show. I originally thought I'd write a spoiler filled discussion, to talk with those that have seen it. But rather..... I want others to watch this. So I decided to direct this at everyone, not just those that have seen it.
To end, let me say.
Violet Evergarden is one of the most beautiful and touching stories I've ever came across.
It is so unlike anything I've ever seen.
Beautifully drawn and scored.
A story that is life affirming.
An experience all its own.
Please. Watch Violet Evergarden.
It's on Netflix. Original Japanese.
Yours Truly,
Emanresu
A taste of the beauty of the score.