Group WayV official thread! (1 Viewer)

JakeyWantsCakey

Stan Treasure!
.
.
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
9,507
Reactions Received
26,077
Location
UK
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
I think SM is trying to keep all the members to one permanent unit ngl which is why Winwin ain't in 127 any more and Dream is rotational.


Yeah we might get Yangyang in a rap song as well. You never know.

it's just sad that I hold no hope for Kun being in much of anything though..... :pandasad:
That's why I think we'll be getting new members, they'll want to make a new unit for Jaemin, Jeno & Jisung that is more permanent.
 

maruberry

🌈✨ FREE HUGS ✨🌈
.
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
13,505
Reactions Received
41,701
Location
Estonia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
514
Gender
Non-Binary
Pronouns
He/They
Ship
Wreck
That's why I think we'll be getting new members, they'll want to make a new unit for Jaemin, Jeno & Jisung that is more permanent.
I can see that happening yeah. Hopefully we will get RenLe in WayV as well.

I would be INSANELY happy if we get RenLe in WayV and then the 3J's in a new unit. There has been a lot of things about Indonesia recently, so maybe we will get an indonesian unit lmao
 

JakeyWantsCakey

Stan Treasure!
.
.
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
9,507
Reactions Received
26,077
Location
UK
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
I can see that happening yeah. Hopefully we will get RenLe in WayV as well.

I would be INSANELY happy if we get RenLe in WayV and then the 3J's in a new unit. There has been a lot of things about Indonesia recently, so maybe we will get an indonesian unit lmao
That too. SM has had that in the works for a while but I don't know how COVID will effect things. They've already stuck up a deal with an Indonesian record label but I don't know what's happening with that because Suju were suppose to have this big collab with a famous Indonesian singer as part of that deal and I don't think they ever released it....

SM still has offices in Jakarta though, I think.
 

maruberry

🌈✨ FREE HUGS ✨🌈
.
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
13,505
Reactions Received
41,701
Location
Estonia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
514
Gender
Non-Binary
Pronouns
He/They
Ship
Wreck
That too. SM has had that in the works for a while but I don't know how COVID will effect things. They've already stuck up a deal with an Indonesian record label but I don't know what's happening with that because Suju were suppose to have this big collab with a famous Indonesian singer as part of that deal and I don't think they ever released it....

SM still has offices in Jakarta though, I think.
We will just have to wait and see ig, I'm always up for new members though!
 

maruberry

🌈✨ FREE HUGS ✨🌈
.
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
13,505
Reactions Received
41,701
Location
Estonia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
514
Gender
Non-Binary
Pronouns
He/They
Ship
Wreck
Same plus I know @JJbaker has been waiting FOREVERRRRRRRR! For SM to add new members LOL
I'm like passively waiting!
I'll be extremely happy when they come, but I'm not impatient with the wait y'know.
 
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
5,686
Reactions Received
16,237
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
I think SM is trying to keep all the members to one permanent unit ngl which is why Winwin ain't in 127 any more and Dream is rotational.


Yeah we might get Yangyang in a rap song as well. You never know.

it's just sad that I hold no hope for Kun being in much of anything though..... :pandasad:
I thought Dream was no longer rotational? I'm disappointed with how they're pretending like Winwin was never in 127.
It would be fun if he was. Kun doesn't get the appreciation he deserves tbh. If he was Korean I feel like he could go down the same path as Jongdae and become an OST king. I have no idea if they have something similar with Chinese dramas lol
THADD might be over but from what I can tell, the Chinese general public is still very anti-Korean. EVERGLOW were getting dragged to hell for performing for Korean soldiers not too long ago...
Yeah I heard about that. The Nationalism there is reaching frightening levels. I figure this means Yixing will never be back with EXO tbh. I worry for Wayv as they get more popular especially with where some of the members are from, they'll probably get away with Ten not being nationally Chinese since he's ethnically Han.
 

JakeyWantsCakey

Stan Treasure!
.
.
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
9,507
Reactions Received
26,077
Location
UK
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
I'm like passively waiting!
I'll be extremely happy when they come, but I'm not impatient with the wait y'know.
I know exactly what you mean plus I'm a little worried that any new members will get lost in the shuffle now, that's why I wouldn't be mad if 3Js new unit doesn't have the NCT branding. I feel like a totally fresh start could be good for the newer members. I can remember Jungwoo was super popular during BOSS promotions and then as soon as he got added to 127, the hype around him kind of died. I really hope that doesn't happen again with any new members that they add going forward.
 

maruberry

🌈✨ FREE HUGS ✨🌈
.
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
13,505
Reactions Received
41,701
Location
Estonia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
514
Gender
Non-Binary
Pronouns
He/They
Ship
Wreck
I thought Dream was no longer rotational?
No, Dream before had the graduation system where members leave the unit entirely when they turn of age.
They scrapped that and added Mark back to the unit

Now the unit is rotational like NCT U in a way, meaning a Dream comeback can have any combination of the 7 members. So now all 7 members are permanent members of the unit.

Pretty sure they did this so that if promotions overlap they can excuse a member not taking part of the comeback + it means the members will all be able to join other units.
 

maruberry

🌈✨ FREE HUGS ✨🌈
.
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
13,505
Reactions Received
41,701
Location
Estonia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
514
Gender
Non-Binary
Pronouns
He/They
Ship
Wreck
I know exactly what you mean plus I'm a little worried that any new members will get lost in the shuffle now, that's why I wouldn't be mad if 3Js new unit doesn't have the NCT branding. I feel like a totally fresh start could be good for the newer members. I can remember Jungwoo was super popular during BOSS promotions and then as soon as he got added to 127, the hype around him kind of died. I really hope that doesn't happen again with any new members that they add going forward.
I think new members shouldn't be added to already existing units and new members should only be added to be in new units, kinda like XiaoHenYang were. I'm alright with members being added that way.
 
  • Love
Reactions: JakeyWantsCakey

JakeyWantsCakey

Stan Treasure!
.
.
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
9,507
Reactions Received
26,077
Location
UK
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
I thought Dream was no longer rotational? I'm disappointed with how they're pretending like Winwin was never in 127.
It would be fun if he was. Kun doesn't get the appreciation he deserves tbh. If he was Korean I feel like he could go down the same path as Jongdae and become an OST king. I have no idea if they have something similar with Chinese dramas lol

Yeah I heard about that. The Nationalism there is reaching frightening levels. I figure this means Yixing will never be back with EXO tbh. I worry for Wayv as they get more popular especially with where some of the members are from, they'll probably get away with Ten not being nationally Chinese since he's ethnically Han.
I think they might run into trouble if SM keep promoting them in Korea too much... I think they need to invent innovative ways to promote them domestically instead of just sending them to perform on Korean music shows.
 

maruberry

🌈✨ FREE HUGS ✨🌈
.
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
13,505
Reactions Received
41,701
Location
Estonia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
514
Gender
Non-Binary
Pronouns
He/They
Ship
Wreck
Kun doesn't get the appreciation he deserves tbh. If he was Korean I feel like he could go down the same path as Jongdae and become an OST king. I have no idea if they have something similar with Chinese dramas lol
tbh I feel like he is more like the Suho of the group than the Chen.
I can see him going into acting.
 
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
5,686
Reactions Received
16,237
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
No, Dream before had the graduation system where members leave the unit entirely when they turn of age.
They scrapped that and added Mark back to the unit

Now the unit is rotational like NCT U in a way, meaning a Dream comeback can have any combination of the 7 members. So now all 7 members are permanent members of the unit.

Pretty sure they did this so that if promotions overlap they can excuse a member not taking part of the comeback + it means the members will all be able to join other units.
oooohhh I don't know why I mixed up graduation with rotational lol. Please excuse my brain today lmao

gotcha it makes sense. It'll be interesting to see how it plays out in the future
 

JakeyWantsCakey

Stan Treasure!
.
.
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
9,507
Reactions Received
26,077
Location
UK
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
I think new members shouldn't be added to already existing units and new members should only be added to be in new units, kinda like XiaoHenYang were. I'm alright with members being added that way.
I think that would be better for everyone. Look at Kun, he had almost no fandom when he first debuted despite being on NCT Life and having more exposure than both Lucas and Jungwoo but as the leader of WayV, he has started to slowly build up his own fan base because of his role in that unit.
 
  • Love
Reactions: maruberry
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
5,686
Reactions Received
16,237
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
I think they might run into trouble if SM keep promoting them in Korea too much... I think they need to invent innovative ways to promote them domestically instead of just sending them to perform on Korean music shows.
yeah i've wondered how long that'll go under the radar of non-fans in China. I think actual fans there are happy because there's not a lot of places for them to perform but it could end up bad for them if people get mad about it
tbh I feel like he is more like the Suho of the group than the Chen.
I can see him going into acting.
true, I can see that comparison. I could see him doing acting as well
 

maruberry

🌈✨ FREE HUGS ✨🌈
.
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
13,505
Reactions Received
41,701
Location
Estonia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
514
Gender
Non-Binary
Pronouns
He/They
Ship
Wreck
I think that would be better for everyone. Look at Kun, he had almost no fandom when he first debuted despite being on NCT Life and having more exposure than both Lucas and Jungwoo but as the leader of WayV, he has started to slowly build up his own fan base because of his role in that unit.
I think Kun has a good standing among Weishennies, bcs like.... Weishennies respect him for what he has done for the group and the role has in it. NCTzens on the other hand totally like..... forget him?

Bcs at first he was the member in the shadows, so like... you don't think about him much
When he got officially introduced he didn't get that much attention, bcs ppl knew him already
And then when WayV started NCTzens once again had no reason to focus on him

there was never a point in time when fans had a reason to like.... focus on him y'know.
 

JakeyWantsCakey

Stan Treasure!
.
.
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
9,507
Reactions Received
26,077
Location
UK
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
I think Kun has a good standing among Weishennies, bcs like.... Weishennies respect him for what he has done for the group and the role has in it. NCTzens on the other hand totally like..... forget him?

Bcs at first he was the member in the shadows, so like... you don't think about him much
When he got officially introduced he didn't get that much attention, bcs ppl knew him already
And then when WayV started NCTzens once again had no reason to focus on him

there was never a point in time when fans had a reason to like.... focus on him y'know.
There was the Chinese version of Without You but that's about it unfortunately...
 

maruberry

🌈✨ FREE HUGS ✨🌈
.
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
13,505
Reactions Received
41,701
Location
Estonia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
514
Gender
Non-Binary
Pronouns
He/They
Ship
Wreck
There was the Chinese version of Without You but that's about it unfortunately...
fuck just Kun best man ever
I cannot wait to hear the songs he produces, he literally does EVERYTHING!

Did you know he helped record the Renjun fools cover
 

JakeyWantsCakey

Stan Treasure!
.
.
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
9,507
Reactions Received
26,077
Location
UK
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
fuck just Kun best man ever
I cannot wait to hear the songs he produces, he literally does EVERYTHING!

Did you know he helped record the Renjun fools cover
We stan a multi-talented alpha daddy!
 
  • Love
Reactions: maruberry

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread