New MV Weeekly- After School (Official MV) (1 Viewer)

Emanresu

Tzuyu Fanboy
.
Joined
4 December 2018
Messages
3,200
Reactions Received
11,455
Location
USA
Website
emanresukdrama.wordpress.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
205
Fandom
Once, Sone
Gender
Male
Okay so I enjoy this.

But WEEEKLY is kind of frustrating me.

Tag Me! blew my mind. It had an it factor about it that takes you by the shirt collar and demands you take notice. A catchy cute pop wonder that really marked their arrival on the scene as something special.

And as of yet... They haven't followed it with a title of the same caliber.

They are following it with good songs but not great songs. Safe songs. The kind of songs that there's nothing wrong with and they're solidly put together and you can't really complain..... But they don't wow you. They don't soar.

7s and 8s rather than 9s or 10s.


But I want them to soar.

They have all the makings of a top group. Beauty. Talent. Personality. With an established company that seems interested in pushing them. And a market where there's an opening for this kind of fun cute group.

But they need a wow song. A song that will take them to the next level. And prove Tag Me wasn't a one off.


Perhaps I sound harsh. But I see so much potential in this group. I want them to get top group level title songs that are on the level I believe they can be.

Play M give them another Tag Me.

Make them soar.
 

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
.
.
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
22,959
Reactions Received
108,834
Location
Kwangya
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
Okay so I enjoy this.

But WEEEKLY is kind of frustrating me.

Tag Me! blew my mind. It had an it factor about it that takes you by the shirt collar and demands you take notice. A catchy cute pop wonder that really marked their arrival on the scene as something special.

And as of yet... They haven't followed it with a title of the same caliber.

They are following it with good songs but not great songs. Safe songs. The kind of songs that there's nothing wrong with and they're solidly put together and you can't really complain..... But they don't wow you. They don't soar.

7s and 8s rather than 9s or 10s.


But I want them to soar.

They have all the makings of a top group. Beauty. Talent. Personality. With an established company that seems interested in pushing them. And a market where there's an opening for this kind of fun cute group.

But they need a wow song. A song that will take them to the next level. And prove Tag Me wasn't a one off.


Perhaps I sound harsh. But I see so much potential in this group. I want them to get top group level title songs that are on the level I believe they can be.

Play M give them a another Tag Me.

Make them soar.
This is exactly the way I feel, maybe this is why they were my undisputed #1 rookies when Tag Me came out (and that whole EP, esp Hello- so freakin' good).
Since then, Zig Zag and After School feel good enough but they don't exactly leave me with that desired impact. I can't see myself still listening to this say a month from now. It's cheerful, poppy, bright but lacks that energy and instant catchiness that made Tag Me so memorable. This might be why StayC overtook them as my personal fav rookies last year and now even Aespa is coming close lol.

Which brings me to woo!ah! lol, it's so interesting you mentioned them because I don't miss you is the exact type of song I'd love Weeekly to be putting out right now.
 

Emanresu

Tzuyu Fanboy
.
Joined
4 December 2018
Messages
3,200
Reactions Received
11,455
Location
USA
Website
emanresukdrama.wordpress.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
205
Fandom
Once, Sone
Gender
Male
This is exactly the way I feel, maybe this is why they were my undisputed #1 rookies when Tag Me came out (and that whole EP, esp Hello- so freakin' good).
Since then, Zig Zag and After School feel good enough but they don't exactly leave me with that desired impact. I can't see myself still listening to this say a month from now. It's cheerful, poppy, bright but lacks that energy and instant catchiness that made Tag Me so memorable. This might be why StayC overtook them as my personal fav rookies last year and now even Aespa is coming close lol.

Which brings me to woo!ah! lol, it's so interesting you mentioned them because I don't miss you is the exact type of song I'd love Weeekly to be putting out right now.
Same.

I haven't got on the STAY C train yet but maybe I'll give them another look. And AESPA needs more content so I'll be waiting for their next comeback.

Right now at this moment WOO!AH! is my #1 rookie darling based on their continued music output. Payday and I Don't Miss U are in my top songs of the past year. But WEEEKLY is my #1 as a group as I love the members the most. I just need another Tag Me from them.

.
 
  • Love
  • Like
Reactions: Willow and Darkseid

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
.
.
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
22,959
Reactions Received
108,834
Location
Kwangya
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
Same.

I haven't got on the STAY C train yet but maybe I'll give them another look. And AESPA needs more content so I'll be waiting for their next comeback.

Right now at this moment WOO!AH! is my #1 rookie darling based on their continued music output. Payday and I Don't Miss U are in my top songs of the past year. But WEEEKLY is my #1 as a group as I love the members the most. I just need another Tag Me from them.

.
Yeah it’s the same for me where I slightly prefer StayC and Aespa musically now but the members of Weeekly are so lovable I just hope their music is even more memorable and not just good lol, otherwise they might turn into post Fingertip era GFriend for me where I love the members but found it hard to connect to them musically :yolk:
 
  • Like
Reactions: Willow and yeji

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
I AM SO EXCITED TO LISTEN TO THIS ONCE I AM HOME!!!!!

WEEEKLY KILLS ME
 
  • Like
Reactions: Willow and Darkseid

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
Okay so I enjoy this.

But WEEEKLY is kind of frustrating me.

Tag Me! blew my mind. It had an it factor about it that takes you by the shirt collar and demands you take notice. A catchy cute pop wonder that really marked their arrival on the scene as something special.

And as of yet... They haven't followed it with a title of the same caliber.

They are following it with good songs but not great songs. Safe songs. The kind of songs that there's nothing wrong with and they're solidly put together and you can't really complain..... But they don't wow you. They don't soar.

7s and 8s rather than 9s or 10s.


But I want them to soar.

They have all the makings of a top group. Beauty. Talent. Personality. With an established company that seems interested in pushing them. And a market where there's an opening for this kind of fun cute group.

But they need a wow song. A song that will take them to the next level. And prove Tag Me wasn't a one off.


Perhaps I sound harsh. But I see so much potential in this group. I want them to get top group level title songs that are on the level I believe they can be.

Play M give them another Tag Me.

Make them soar.
totally understandable viewpoint
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread