Weirdest sh*t in college (1 Viewer)

Joined
8 March 2019
Messages
6,995
Reactions Received
12,662
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
691
Fandom
Exo L
Gender
Male
Ship
The weirdest thing that occurred for me in relation to university curriculum was when I took World Mythology and the professor who used a lot of Joseph Campbell had us watch fictional films, during class, to illustrate the concepts. For instance, we watched The Matrix, Lord of the Rings, Oh God, and Star Wars IV. A lot of the class ended up leaving because they already saw those movies [which I thought was rude], but still was pretty unorthodox teaching method.

I could also say that the two semesters of Social Theory that I took would could as "weird", since many of the paradigms covered focused on the use of narratives, anecdotes, and societal diatribes... but the instruction method wasn't really unorthodox.

What say you. What was the weirdest thing you experienced during class?
 
  • Like
Reactions: Mangoey

daesuki

이 비가 그칠 땐 각자 있던 곳에서
.
.
Joined
4 January 2020
Messages
16,598
Reactions Received
31,252
Location
you clouds rain
Website
daesukiii.tumblr.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
38,410
Fandom
YOLO
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
there was this dude who didn't pay attention to lectures and just watched some 18+ shit on his phone, like movies and like super weird games :haylul: I was sitting right behind him and it was so awkward
 

ChiaraStar169

bite the apple, baby!
.
.
Joined
12 September 2020
Messages
40,132
Reactions Received
46,804
Location
irritating the metalheads
Website
www.tumblr.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
183,886
Fandom
mainly bg
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
Not really... but one of my professors had the AUDACITY to make us watch the psych horror The Fly (yanno, the one where he accidentally turns himself into a fly?). Needless to say, I ditched class for the duration of us watching it. lol
 
Joined
17 March 2021
Messages
1,802
Reactions Received
2,296
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
The weirdest thing that occurred for me in relation to university curriculum was when I took World Mythology and the professor who used a lot of Joseph Campbell had us watch fictional films, during class, to illustrate the concepts. For instance, we watched The Matrix, Lord of the Rings, Oh God, and Star Wars IV. A lot of the class ended up leaving because they already saw those movies [which I thought was rude], but still was pretty unorthodox teaching method.

I could also say that the two semesters of Social Theory that I took would could as "weird", since many of the paradigms covered focused on the use of narratives, anecdotes, and societal diatribes... but the instruction method wasn't really unorthodox.

What say you. What was the weirdest thing you experienced during class?
I want to take a class like that
 

Mangoey

⤔ ғ ʟ ᴀ ᴍ ᴀ ɴ ɢ ᴏ ⬹
Joined
2 September 2018
Messages
8,269
Reactions Received
26,625
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Ship
Not during class, by my uni has a statue of our mascot (turtle) in front of our largest library. When walking by it, people often rub the turtle's nose or leave offerings for good luck for exams/or just in general.

We have a tradition where every semester during exam week, people will leave a ton of weird shit around the turtle statue. Before corona times, I've seen a toilet, several car doors, a grand piano, lots of alcohol, etc.

It gets so wild that the school has to get staff or maybe even police to clear stuff away and return it back to where it came from.
 
Joined
8 March 2019
Messages
6,995
Reactions Received
12,662
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
691
Fandom
Exo L
Gender
Male
Ship
people often rub the turtle's nose or leave offerings for good luck for exams/or just in general.
:sanathink: :ilovebread: ... To hell with studying.. Let me just make an offering to the gods :lisalaugh:
 
  • Haha
Reactions: Mangoey

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread