What are your fav Korean dishbes? (1 Viewer)

StrayMixx

aka Chiara
.
.
Joined
12 September 2020
Messages
40,194
Reactions Received
46,864
Location
in Bang Chan's head
Website
www.tumblr.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
183,083
Fandom
mainly bg
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
for me, it's Korean fried chicken, japchae, Korean pancakes (I forget the Korean for it), bulgogi, and bibimbap!
 
  • Wow
Reactions: Selfmate

StrayMixx

aka Chiara
.
.
Joined
12 September 2020
Messages
40,194
Reactions Received
46,864
Location
in Bang Chan's head
Website
www.tumblr.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
183,083
Fandom
mainly bg
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck

StrayMixx

aka Chiara
.
.
Joined
12 September 2020
Messages
40,194
Reactions Received
46,864
Location
in Bang Chan's head
Website
www.tumblr.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
183,083
Fandom
mainly bg
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
Bibimbap, japchae, and hotteok
never had hotteok, but it sounds delicious, if Google AI is right about it being a sweet or savory pancake!
 
  • Like
Reactions: Ahsoka

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
.
.
.
.
.
.
Joined
27 August 2018
Messages
71,398
Reactions Received
151,411
Location
That user who always changes their Un’s heart <3
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
129,603
Fandom
Lex stan
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
never had hotteok, but it sounds delicious, if Google AI is right about it being a sweet or savory pancake!
It’s described that way, but it’s nothing like pancakes (which I hate). It’s a yeast pancake shaped fried food with fillings inside (I usually like brown sugar with cinnamon and sometimes nut fillings, but you can do others, including savory fillings) :sanapray:
1782939445287.jpeg
 
Joined
4 November 2025
Messages
1,457
Reactions Received
2,845
Location
the umbrella Corp.
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
3,858
Fandom
Multi
Gender
Male
Pronouns
He/Him
Ship
It’s described that way, but it’s nothing like pancakes (which I hate). It’s a yeast pancake shaped fried food with fillings inside (I usually like brown sugar with cinnamon and sometimes nut fillings, but you can do others, including savory fillings) :sanapray:
1782939445287.jpeg
OH MY THOSE LOOK SO GOOD... I'M GONNA GO GET MYSELF SOME OF THOSE WHEN I GET OFF WORK!
 
  • Love
Reactions: Ahsoka

StrayMixx

aka Chiara
.
.
Joined
12 September 2020
Messages
40,194
Reactions Received
46,864
Location
in Bang Chan's head
Website
www.tumblr.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
183,083
Fandom
mainly bg
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
It’s described that way, but it’s nothing like pancakes (which I hate). It’s a yeast pancake shaped fried food with fillings inside (I usually like brown sugar with cinnamon and sometimes nut fillings, but you can do others, including savory fillings) :sanapray:
1782939445287.jpeg
ooooooooo yummo!
 
  • Like
Reactions: Ahsoka

StrayMixx

aka Chiara
.
.
Joined
12 September 2020
Messages
40,194
Reactions Received
46,864
Location
in Bang Chan's head
Website
www.tumblr.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
183,083
Fandom
mainly bg
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck

StrayMixx

aka Chiara
.
.
Joined
12 September 2020
Messages
40,194
Reactions Received
46,864
Location
in Bang Chan's head
Website
www.tumblr.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
183,083
Fandom
mainly bg
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck

HugeBakkaeMotae

'𝒶𝒹𝒹𝓇𝒶𝒸𝓉𝒾𝓋𝑒' 𝐻𝓌𝒶𝓃𝑔 𝒴𝑒𝒿𝒾
.
Joined
4 January 2026
Messages
1,234
Reactions Received
1,695
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
40,021
Fandom
Multi Stan
Gender
Male
Pronouns
Konungr
Jjajjangmyeon is technically Chinese but a staple in Korea and it's one of my favorites. Kimchi-jjigae is a close second, I love kimchi in general.

never had hotteok, but it sounds delicious, if Google AI is right about it being a sweet or savory pancake!
I tried hotteok 3 times last year and I can say all 3 were quite significantly different from each other, not just the filling but also the dough itself.

One of them was similar to a crepe/pancake, another was drier and hollow similar to a pita while the last one was more bread-like in texture. That's not even getting into the fillings so I'd say you'd certainly be able to find one you like - even if you don't like the one you try at first.
 
Joined
4 November 2025
Messages
1,457
Reactions Received
2,845
Location
the umbrella Corp.
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
3,858
Fandom
Multi
Gender
Male
Pronouns
He/Him
Ship
Jjajjangmyeon is technically Chinese but a staple in Korea and it's one of my favorites. Kimchi-jjigae is a close second, I love kimchi in general.



I tried hotteok 3 times last year and I can say all 3 were quite significantly different from each other, not just the filling but also the dough itself.

One of them was similar to a crepe/pancake, another was drier and hollow similar to a pita while the last one was more bread-like in texture. That's not even getting into the fillings so I'd say you'd certainly be able to find one you like - even if you don't like the one you try at first.
ANOTHER KIMCHI-JJIGAE LOVER!
I'm trying to get @Chiara to try it!!!
 
  • Love
Reactions: HugeBakkaeMotae

StrayMixx

aka Chiara
.
.
Joined
12 September 2020
Messages
40,194
Reactions Received
46,864
Location
in Bang Chan's head
Website
www.tumblr.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
183,083
Fandom
mainly bg
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
45,161
Reactions Received
53,015
Location
Rosé's World
Website
nowherelandwithmemyselfandi.wat
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
174,971
Fandom
GoldenStar
Gender
Male
Bibimbap ideally 2000s (2000/2001) but since korean wave rose higher its been more expensive n harder/impossible to find cheap/readily available bibimbap than it was 25 yrs ago. Maybe it was novelty or different from other food.

I do eat at korean restaurants with family but not on my own n I nvr know wat to order anyways. I'd like to try jeon(or watever it's called) the Korean style pancakes I see on tv shows like running man or other shows.or I did try a few yrs ago with my family at a korean restaurant here but forgot how it was n hvnt gone again in long time.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread