What do you look for in a bias? (1 Viewer)

maruberry

🌈✨ FREE HUGS ✨🌈
.
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
13,505
Reactions Received
41,701
Location
Estonia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
514
Gender
Non-Binary
Pronouns
He/They
Ship
Wreck
I am not talking about what all your biases have in common etc

I'm talking about when you are getting into a new group, what features are you looking out for that make you interested
What gives you that first reason to look deeper into an idol to see if they COULD be a bias

For me it's unashamedly visuals.
Visuals don't make smbdy my bias, but I never bias smbdy I don't find attractive or who isn't my type.

That's just like the first step to clear to be a bias, but like.... if that's all there is to it no m'aam no biasing to be done here.
 

dnb

Supporting Table Unnie
.
Joined
28 May 2019
Messages
8,716
Reactions Received
8,198
Location
USA
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
22,135
Fandom
Reveluv, Sone
For me it's the voice.

I got into Kpop for the music, so I notice an idol's voice first.

Though it does help if the person is attractive and has an interesting personality.
 
  • Like
Reactions: maruberry

maruberry

🌈✨ FREE HUGS ✨🌈
.
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
13,505
Reactions Received
41,701
Location
Estonia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
514
Gender
Non-Binary
Pronouns
He/They
Ship
Wreck
Idk tbh, my bias tends to be whoever sticks out to me the most :dubuthink:
But what sticking out is it usually or is it a mix?

Do you tend to notice the voice, the dancing, the presence, the visuals etc

bcs for me it's Visuals no.1 and presence no.2
 
  • Like
Reactions: Juniverse

maruberry

🌈✨ FREE HUGS ✨🌈
.
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
13,505
Reactions Received
41,701
Location
Estonia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
514
Gender
Non-Binary
Pronouns
He/They
Ship
Wreck
For me it's the voice.

I got into Kpop for the music, so I notice an idol's voice first.

Though it does help if the person is attractive and has an interesting personality.
For me I tend to notice voices quite easily too tbh, but those great voices normally end up my wreckers...
 

maruberry

🌈✨ FREE HUGS ✨🌈
.
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
13,505
Reactions Received
41,701
Location
Estonia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
514
Gender
Non-Binary
Pronouns
He/They
Ship
Wreck
I think it's mostly a mixture, cause I choose my biases for all different reasons :pepelook:
Hmmmm ic ic :susPepe:

I'm just wondering bcs like.... I'm weird with that I can't get into a group unless I have a bias! So I LOOK for biases in groups actively or like at least potential ones y'know.

I think it's bcs to REALLY get into a group you have to watch variety and shit, but the thing is.... I do not give a shit about variety unless I already care about the idol in it. So I need a bias to latch my interest onto lmao
 
  • Like
Reactions: Juniverse
Joined
20 November 2018
Messages
65,862
Reactions Received
77,040
Location
Heaven
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
53,448
While I get into a group based on music; choosing a bias is different and it could be different each time. Most of the times however, the first thing that stands out is visuals. I don't decide solely based on visuals however, and if I'm ranking the members solely on visuals, I delay choosing. It has happened in my case, maybe fortuitously, that the member that grabbed my attention first for her visuals, also has an interesting personality; Nao's qualities as a leader, Kino's gothic tendencies, Tim's emo style. I chose Miruka mostly for her visuals however. I love her eyes. On a group I unstanned, what I noticed about Himari first was her voice rather than her visuals, I chose her based on that.
 
  • Love
Reactions: maruberry

eclipsoul

that one friend that's too woke
.
.
Joined
14 October 2019
Messages
25,597
Reactions Received
43,660
Location
too embarassed to show that country here
Website
infiniteorbit.carrd.co
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
40,428
Fandom
Orbit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
their voice probably. now i wouldn't say i especially look for it but since i remember how kpop idols sound before recognising how they look and i never watched any variety shows in my life there isn't much else :jisoosmh:
 
  • Like
Reactions: maruberry

Wingfrost

Answer for SOTY
.
.
Joined
5 November 2018
Messages
23,134
Reactions Received
38,822
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
19,488
Fandom
Answer is Queen
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
I would say its a mixture of things but after thinking about it more one of the first things that have stood out to me with all my biases is their playful nature (jokes and how they tease other members). Suga and Yunho (my ults) both really stuck out to me for their sense of humor and how they mess with their members. Suga is very blunt and sarcastic, Yunho loves to cutely tease others, Jun is very childish, etc…).
 
  • Like
Reactions: maruberry
Joined
23 November 2018
Messages
592
Reactions Received
2,029
Location
Buddy Hole
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Pronouns
she/her
I mean looks are easy to go by at first when you don't know any of the members, so that tends to be the first thing to note... although I rarely care for the actual visuals of the groups at first. Then I usually tend to begin liking those who are good at singing more than anything, or the all-rounders cause they tend to be the most interesting to watch. Dancers and rappers don't typically pique my interest in the beginning.

If I'm watching a variety show, then I guess it's humour first and visuals next! (SF9 Dawon in Weekly Idol is the perfect example lol, back when they did the masked idol bit with cardboard boxes)
 
  • Like
Reactions: maruberry
Joined
21 October 2021
Messages
61
Reactions Received
38
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
I've noticed based on my bias list, I am easily attracted to main dancers/centers. They are the ones that would easily stand out the most based on my taste. However, as I get to know the group, I can't help but also discover hidden personalities and charms of each member that would make me love them even more.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread