What do you think about Jojo Siwa? (1 Viewer)

maruberry

🌈✨ FREE HUGS ✨🌈
.
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
13,505
Reactions Received
41,701
Location
Estonia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
514
Gender
Non-Binary
Pronouns
He/They
Ship
Wreck
She gets quite a lot of hate for not "acting her age"
her hairline also gets memed quite a lot...

But overall I feel like the ppl on the interwebs find her cringy and annoying...
I've seen ppl questioning why somebody her age and height would be acting like that and wearing clothes like that...

totally missing... she is there to entertain kids... Her main demographic is little girls...
Who else would those ppl PREFER to be entertaining those little girls?

Other kids? Or would be adults acting childish like that be better? As far as I can see somebody like Jojo is quite literally perfect for a position like that!

This post DEFINETLY isn't bcs I've been bingewatching Jojo content for a few days now....
 

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Well.. i find lot of these youtubers aimed at kids quite irritating, just starting from their voices. My niece tends to watch lot of youtube, and she somehow always picks the ones with most high pitched and unnatural voices that are clearly faking being hyper.

Yea, my image of Jojo Siwa isn't best, though I'm not most familiar with her own content. But as long as i'm not forced to watch, she and others can do what they want, lot of content even aimed towards older audiences isn't rly for me either even in topics I like :jisoosmh: Though I think Jojo and some other youtubers should think what they will do with Coppa coming to destroy child-targeted content on youtube, but maybe they will have enough sponsorship being rather big youtubers.
 

maruberry

🌈✨ FREE HUGS ✨🌈
.
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
13,505
Reactions Received
41,701
Location
Estonia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
514
Gender
Non-Binary
Pronouns
He/They
Ship
Wreck
Though I think Jojo and some other youtubers should think what they will do with Coppa coming to destroy child-targeted content on youtube, but maybe they will have enough sponsorship being rather big youtubers.
The amount of Merch Jojo has in stores is insane, this coppa will not bother her at all... Walmart and Target are jam packed FULL of her merch not even kidding.
 

daesuki

이 비가 그칠 땐 각자 있던 곳에서
.
.
Joined
4 January 2020
Messages
16,598
Reactions Received
31,252
Location
you clouds rain
Website
daesukiii.tumblr.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
38,410
Fandom
YOLO
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
I don't have a problem with her. I am not a fan, and I don't enjoy her stuff, but I don't think there's a problem with her acting the way she does. Her excited-ness does put me off a little but it's not what I enjoy and dislike that gets put on the media, it's what her target group enjoys and dislikes. If young children enjoy her stuff, then young children enjoy her stuff. I couldn't be bothered about her if I'm not being forced to watch her, honestly haha
 
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
5,686
Reactions Received
16,237
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
I find her stuff to be annoying but i'm also in my 20's and find various kids entertainment to be too much lol.

But i'm definitely disturbed by the amount of adults that attack and hate her daily. She's 16 years old and people my age are obsessed with hating her and don't see a problem with themselves doing so.

Even if she did dress older then she'd get hate like Millie Bobby Brown does where people laugh at her for looking 30. Both are young girls being shaped by the entertainment industry to cater towards audiences so a lot of their appearance probably isn't up to them truthfully.
 

maruberry

🌈✨ FREE HUGS ✨🌈
.
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
13,505
Reactions Received
41,701
Location
Estonia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
514
Gender
Non-Binary
Pronouns
He/They
Ship
Wreck
I find her stuff to be annoying but i'm also in my 20's and find various kids entertainment to be too much lol.

But i'm definitely disturbed by the amount of adults that attack and hate her daily. She's 16 years old and people my age are obsessed with hating her and don't see a problem with themselves doing so.

Even if she did dress older then she'd get hate like Millie Bobby Brown does where people laugh at her for looking 30. Both are young girls being shaped by the entertainment industry to cater towards audiences so a lot of their appearance probably isn't up to them truthfully.
Exactly, like I get not liking her content, it's not meant for you... but some ppl really are going out of their way to bash her!

it's like a grown up attacking a cartoon meant for children and getting angry at the animators and producers bcs they as grownups should be making more complex and artistic animations... completely missing the point it is meant for children.
 
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
2,548
Reactions Received
9,068
Location
under these bitches skin
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
I get that she's trying to appeal to kids but I can't stand her content. I'm only one year younger than her and I've never seen anyone my age acting like that. I'm sure that she's sweet but how long is she gonna act like this?? until she gets her 20s?? its a smart business tactic but I know her from her days on dance moms and maybe its the editing of the show but she seemed more mature when she was 10 then she does now.
 
  • Like
Reactions: yeji and maruberry

maruberry

🌈✨ FREE HUGS ✨🌈
.
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
13,505
Reactions Received
41,701
Location
Estonia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
514
Gender
Non-Binary
Pronouns
He/They
Ship
Wreck
I get that she's trying to appeal to kids but I can't stand her content. I'm only one year younger than her and I've never seen anyone my age acting like that. I'm sure that she's sweet but how long is she gonna act like this?? until she gets her 20s?? its a smart business tactic but I know her from her days on dance moms and maybe its the editing of the show but she seemed more mature when she was 10 then she does now.
I mean... yeah that content still isn't meant for you DESPITE you being younger than her. Her content is meant for kids up to like their pre-teens.
like the way she acts is VERY obviously her being fun for the camera and for the kids.

Are you going around talking about how you can't stand some kids cartoons even though they are made by adults? No you aren't, because well... the content isn't for you.
She can act that way as long as she wants to, because in the end everything she is doing is good. She is giving kids a good role model, she is spreading good messages etc.

Her age shouldn't matter here. Her point isn't to act her age, her point is to be appealing to kids. If that means acting hyper and liking glitter... what's wrong with that? She isn't spreading any negative message, she isn't hurting anybody...

THE ONLY REASON I see people hating her... is because she doesn't act her age.... Which is just kinda unfair because it is really very obvious that she is acting the way she is for the kids. Which on itself is a good thing.
 
  • Like
Reactions: yeji and amourpinks

maruberry

🌈✨ FREE HUGS ✨🌈
.
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
13,505
Reactions Received
41,701
Location
Estonia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
514
Gender
Non-Binary
Pronouns
He/They
Ship
Wreck
I get that she's trying to appeal to kids but I can't stand her content. I'm only one year younger than her and I've never seen anyone my age acting like that. I'm sure that she's sweet but how long is she gonna act like this?? until she gets her 20s?? its a smart business tactic but I know her from her days on dance moms and maybe its the editing of the show but she seemed more mature when she was 10 then she does now.
Sorry for going off like that... but to me that is like... disliking a cartoon character! Or like somebody on like shows meant for kids for acting childish... Like... THAT IS THEIR JOB!
 
  • Like
Reactions: yeji and amourpinks
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
2,548
Reactions Received
9,068
Location
under these bitches skin
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
I mean... yeah that content still isn't meant for you DESPITE you being younger than her. Her content is meant for kids up to like their pre-teens.
like the way she acts is VERY obviously her being fun for the camera and for the kids.

Are you going around talking about how you can't stand some kids cartoons even though they are made by adults? No you aren't, because well... the content isn't for you.
She can act that way as long as she wants to, because in the end everything she is doing is good. She is giving kids a good role model, she is spreading good messages etc.

Her age shouldn't matter here. Her point isn't to act her age, her point is to be appealing to kids. If that means acting hyper and liking glitter... what's wrong with that? She isn't spreading any negative message, she isn't hurting anybody...

THE ONLY REASON I see people hating her... is because she doesn't act her age.... Which is just kinda unfair because it is really very obvious that she is acting the way she is for the kids. Which on itself is a good thing.
I never said I disliked her as a person, I said I disliked her content. I understand why she does this because it's kinda her job in a way, I even said that its a smart business tactic but you asked for our thoughts on her and I gave them. I don't think I ever insulted her or told her to act her age. I said that I've never seen anyone in our age range act like that.
 
  • Like
Reactions: yeji and maruberry

maruberry

🌈✨ FREE HUGS ✨🌈
.
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
13,505
Reactions Received
41,701
Location
Estonia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
514
Gender
Non-Binary
Pronouns
He/They
Ship
Wreck
I never said I disliked her as a person, I said I disliked her content. I understand why she does this because it's kinda her job in a way, I even said that its a smart business tactic but you asked for our thoughts on her and I gave them. I don't think I ever insulted her or told her to act her age. I said that I've never seen anyone in our age range act like that.
Sorry, I misunderstood you then...
 
  • Like
Reactions: yeji and amourpinks
Joined
15 August 2019
Messages
246
Reactions Received
866
Location
USA
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
i mean this in the nicest possible way but i seriously do not care what she does at all. i don't watch her contnet, buy her merch or follow her on anything. she is not for me. my only issue is when people start putting down people that i like (such as danielle bregoli, yes one of my "problematic" faves) because they are more provacative/scandalous/rebellious than her. it's a bit hypocritical for me to not care about jojo herself getting hate i realize that. however, it's most likely because i relate way more to danielle than jojo at this stage in my life.
 
  • Like
Reactions: yeji and maruberry

Wingfrost

Answer for SOTY
.
.
Joined
5 November 2018
Messages
23,134
Reactions Received
38,822
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
19,488
Fandom
Answer is Queen
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
I obviously don't watch anything by her but from what I have seen from her I don't have any bad feelings towards her, I understand why people find some things that she does as annoying or cringey but I don't see anything wrong with the way she dresses or acts, she's not causing anyone any harm.
 
  • Like
Reactions: yeji

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
she still is a kid and I never understood why people - usually adults - are so hateful towards her. Just let her be her energetic self.
 

eclipsoul

that one friend that's too woke
.
.
Joined
14 October 2019
Messages
25,595
Reactions Received
43,660
Location
too embarassed to show that country here
Website
infiniteorbit.carrd.co
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
40,408
Fandom
Orbit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
i'll admit i didn't know who she was and i had to google that but i don't see a point in bashing a child who is not harming anyone by just being herself. especially when you're a grown adult.
 
  • Like
Reactions: yeji

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread