What do you think about kpop and fanservice? (1 Viewer)

Joined
19 October 2020
Messages
19,165
Reactions Received
28,437
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
1,455
Fandom
multi BG
Gender
Female
too little? too much?
sometimes I feel like the artists are kind of made to ... kiss their fans´ butts. When you compare the western musicians and their fans, it is just ... different, the distance, the gossip, the cool demeanour.

I often feel like saying "please, stop, just go back to sleep" instead of posting "oh so funny video of our group".

your opinion?
 

Myco

Ace of Hearts
.
.
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
33,247
Reactions Received
81,309
Location
Beat Interactive
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
13,036
Fandom
Choice
Gender
Male
Pronouns
He/Him
Ship
A.C.E were on a radio show recently with another guests who does podcasts and she said fan service to her is like all the behind the scenes stuff and such she gets to see which I honestly never thought about that truly is some kind of fan service.
So like please more of this more "normal" fan service.

With the usual meaning of fan service however I think it gets too extreme sometimes to the point of queer baiting even, which I just wish wouldn't be forced upon the idols.
When Idols say stuff like "we love you" I seriously can't believe that there are fans who think that that kind of love means romantically for them although they basically just mean "we love you for supporting us and buying our albums giving us money thanks bye".
The whole Idol trying to be close to the fans stuff can be really dangerous, with someone trying to drag Taeyeon off the stage and other incidents similar to that
 
Joined
19 October 2020
Messages
19,165
Reactions Received
28,437
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
1,455
Fandom
multi BG
Gender
Female
A.C.E were on a radio show recently with another guests who does podcasts and she said fan service to her is like all the behind the scenes stuff and such she gets to see which I honestly never thought about that truly is some kind of fan service.
So like please more of this more "normal" fan service.

With the usual meaning of fan service however I think it gets too extreme sometimes to the point of queer baiting even, which I just wish wouldn't be forced upon the idols.
When Idols say stuff like "we love you" I seriously can't believe that there are fans who think that that kind of love means romantically for them although they basically just mean "we love you for supporting us and buying our albums giving us money thanks bye".
The whole Idol trying to be close to the fans stuff can be really dangerous, with someone trying to drag Taeyeon off the stage and other incidents similar to that
I mean fans are crazy everywhere. You cannot expect everyone to be normal :D. but I really feel like very often the line is crossed. I agree with you on the first part, I love watching the process of making a video or recording a song. that can be not only fun, but also really interesting. I don´t want to be a hypocrite, I watch a lot of stuff like that and recently I watched Ikigayo with SHInee (I hope I spelled ikigayo right) and it was so interesting, to stupid aegyo or screaming to get the highest pitch etc. it was refreshing to listen to them talking about music and the process itself. this is what is great about aging :D.

when I can compare it to Ateez who I´m a big fan of and they are a mainstream group targeted at younger people, it is just so different. I sometimes feel really cringy for them. all that "my dream is to be with atiny forever" wtf, man you are 23 ..... stop that :D.
 
  • Like
Reactions: mysteric and Myco

mysteric

hysteric
.
Joined
26 February 2019
Messages
14,363
Reactions Received
27,574
Location
the moon
Website
newjeans.carrd.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
8,986
Fandom
MeU & MY
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she ✧ her
Ship
it’s... alright as long as it’s not too extreme and the idols were the ones who decided to do it together

once a ship gets popular enough, it gets out of control of the idols and I’ve seen way too many friendships and relationships ruined by that (ie kahuang in snh went from being best friends to hating each other and not being on speaking with each other for the past 3/4 years)

and there’s the issue of what’s real and what’s fake
I feel like the reason why a lot of drama couples where they’re love interests in the drama fail is because they end up so engrossed in their characters who like each other, they end up confusing their characters’ emotions with their own. Being an idol is a full time job and if an idol is playing up a ship so often, I wouldn’t fault them if they start mixing up their public persona with their actual feelings and that’s something I don’t want to see again
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread