COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

What do you think about schools in the US reopening? (1 Viewer)

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Lex stan
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
This is what the cases look like currently.
1595552962765.png

And yet people are saying schools need to reopen. :kijoongstare:
Yes, there are issues to online schooling. But is bringing all kids back immediately a good idea? Here's an image of a high schools hallways during passing periods. How are people not going to get sick? There's no way of keeping 6 feet or 2 meters apart here.
1595553137406.png

tl;dr: some people are stupid.

lexus

Pinkchella
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Wreck
Honestly I don’t think they should be reopened right now especially since the number of covid cases keeps increasing. Where I live some schools are doing both online learning and in school learning. They just have to wear a mask in the hallway but not the classroom. I don’t agree with it at all.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Having worked in schools I can already tell you that 60% of the boys will cough and spit on people on purpose cause they'd think it's funny and/or their parents told them covid was a hoax.

Edit: I say that stat with full confidence because before schools shut down that was exactly what they were doing lmao

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
inspirit
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
A firm believer in being as smart as possible about this but also saw a report where pediatricians were like if they reopen schools, I am a hundred percent comfortable sending my kids back. So a bit conflicted. It seems, at any rate, this will become just like the flu, and at some point, we'll have to return to a somewhat normal life.

Taking precautions would be best though until we have a vaccination. Mixed messages I guess.

Reactions Received
Website
nowherelandwithmemyselfandi.wat
KS Coins
Fandom
GoldenStar
if i'm being honest i kinda want to, i mean life is hard :(
Pls dont lose hope. Pls persevere thru this. From a random stranger who is halfway across the world from you. I wish u to stay well n safe. :sakUwu:
I do read/enjoy ur posts/threads here/elsewhere even when im lurking/not replying/2 lazy to click like(i do click/reply when im especially interested/fan of the artist or group. Its not only ur posts/threads i lurk/lazy in.) Hope tat makes sense.
Edit: i hv no comments rn on schools in US reopening. Im not there n none of my relatives there r of school age now(1 might be goin' to college/university but it's a distant niece n i dont hv much ctc with her/her parents{distance 2 far away}. I do know an acquantances son who went there for studies last yr but came bk earlier this yr n dont seem to plan going bk.)
Good luck, sincerely to everyonr whether school reopens or not. Stay safe n well everyone.

Last edited:
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
luoshifemy
Pronouns
luo/yunxi
Ship
im not fat old or sick its not I'm going to die if I get it
on the other hand I certainly will die if I have to keep with virtual school because my grades will go to zero

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
ReVeluv
So...
Sigh.
I have feelings about this.

I think it's ridiculous if they're planning on reopening physically right now. It's dangerous for students (mostly older students, who are at a lesser risk but still at risk depending on their health), for teachers, and if children become carriers, it can be dangerous for the parents/grandparents/guardians. Too much is resting on "it depends" right now to safely say.

Also, I can never get a good read on the numbers. Yeah, case numbers are high, but death rates are relatively low. Also, there's been issues with hospitals labeling deaths as being "due to complications with covid" when the death is not related to covid at all. But either way, there's no denying that folks are dying from this virus and it should be taken seriously...and what I know is that it's impossible for students to do the two major things they need to do during this pandemic: social distance and being cleanly (let's face it. folks nasty, bruh).

So far in my city, they've opted not to return to school physically. I don't know fully what public schools will do, but my co-worker's son's charter school (high school) is giving every student a laptop. They are required to be in front of that laptop for lessons from 7:30A to 3:30P (cameras on), with lunch break and bathroom breaks. The school will also provide lunch (though you have to come and get it and then return home). They are also planning to enlarge the classrooms and make teachers rotate rather than have students switch classes.

BUT ALSO! One cannot ignore the need for schools to be opened (much as I complained above). Why? Lower income families and students who attend schools in lower income areas. All schools don't have access to funds that can get them the tech they need to have school remotely. All homes do not have access to wi-fi. It's not feasible that students in lower income areas will have the same sort of access to education as others in mid-to-higher income areas (and that's something that has ALWAYS been the case, so it's multiplied now). But a teacher said, "You can catch 'em up, but you can't give 'em their lives back." I guess that will have to be the case.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
Same feelings as at the start.

bug is flu like. at the end of the day the real rate will be 1.5 ish if that. Even now its what 4 is world wide and mid 3 something in the us with not really any solid idea of asymptomatic case number count. Some studies have it as 10x the current number but they could be pulling that out of the air it is for sure a much larger number of people who have had it.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
my state is probably one of the few states that are actually containing the virus pretty well (*knock on wood* :wimwim:) and my governor has stated her interest numerous times about wanting to reopen schools this fall and I feel like she's gonna go through with it. I still don't know what the plan is or how it's gonna work though.

imo I'm not sure if right now is a good time to reopen them. online school sucked yeah but I feel like opening them right now ESPECIALLY with how much and how easily the virus has been spreading lately is pretty risky. not to mention I'm 99% sure there's gonna be those kids who will purposely cough on people as a "joke". my state has been pretty lucky that we haven't been seeing surges in cases like a bunch of others but just a few careless moves could mess everything up

Reactions Received
KS Coins
I live in Florida aka the epicenter of the virus and I know for a fact that I'll get Corona
I live in Orange County, CA I am in the same boat, and to think there are twats out in public refusing to wear masks.

If someone can't wear a mask who is to think they'll keep their kid home if their sick... ... If they are lucky to get sick remember asymptomatic. Then for further amusement thinking kids will continue to wear their masks, thinking they won't purposely cough on each other, and social distance. We already know kids have been dirty little carriers that have infected famil

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread