What got you into the K-pop fandom? (1 Viewer)

Mangoey

⤔ ғ ʟ ᴀ ᴍ ᴀ ɴ ɢ ᴏ ⬹
Joined
2 September 2018
Messages
8,269
Reactions Received
26,625
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Ship
I just randomly decided to watch dream high one day in like 2015? and really liked it. Through that show, I got really into 2pm for like 2 days and that led me to find SHINee's Lucifer making SHINee my first real ult group :sanapray:
 
Joined
23 November 2018
Messages
592
Reactions Received
2,029
Location
Buddy Hole
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Pronouns
she/her
If I recall correctly, Youtube just started recommending me Sorry Sorry and/or Gee because I listened to quite a lot of jpop, lol. Nothing too fancy.
 
Joined
21 February 2019
Messages
59,623
Reactions Received
93,446
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
187,546
Fandom
WizSoneLuv

dooh

Jensetter <3 Jennie
.
Joined
14 November 2018
Messages
2,778
Reactions Received
11,243
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
So is the question how we got in a fandom ? or kpop and fandom. :sanathink:

into kpop from a youtube reaction video to BTS blood sweat and tears 14 Months ago
( i had zero clue about kpop )




bts lead me straight to blackpink, my first fandom and group i stan ( blink ) after searching new content for blackpink ( it was around D4 comeback era )

good old times :yes::yes:
 

bulletproof

✧ @karina is the eva to my noora ✧
.
.
Joined
2 September 2018
Messages
12,423
Reactions Received
54,952
Location
ARMY base 💕
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
55
Gender
Female
Ship
I was watching lots os kdramas. Jiyeon from T-ara was acting in one drama and I guess I was listening to a OST.
This one if I’m not wrong

This led me to BIGBANG, my first kpop fav group and here I am since 2011
 
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
16,036
Reactions Received
44,289
Location
the female gaze
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
124
Fandom
luoshifemy
Gender
Female
Pronouns
luo/yunxi
Ship
I have my little sister to blame >:(
 
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
45,040
Reactions Received
52,933
Location
Rosé's World
Website
nowherelandwithmemyselfandi.wat
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
170,627
Fandom
GoldenStar
Gender
Male
Early 2000s, I first heard of Rain n Boa n the scandal of BaekJiYoung but before YouTube n Spotify never listened or watched them.

Flashforward to 2009, I learnt abt Gee by Girls Generation n YouTube exists, I watched it n them; slowly thru the years watched a few more but din't stan them then.

But in mid-2018, I started watching a couple more YouTube videos of SNSD variety shows n started stanning them from then on.

i learned more from kpop forums but rn I still only stan SNSD cos I hv no time for more. Except Rosé She also my bias after Jessica n I like all blackpink(but don't stan them.) yet?
 
  • Like
Reactions: yeji

Wingfrost

Answer for SOTY
.
.
Joined
5 November 2018
Messages
23,134
Reactions Received
38,822
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
19,488
Fandom
Answer is Queen
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
I think Fantastic Baby was recommended to me and it basically introduced me to a few songs by Bigbang which led me to discovering Exo. I don't really feel like I actually got into the genre though until after I had took a few years break from it and got back into it almost 2 years ago. Before that it was just something that I listened to and I never learned about the members and didn't actually stan any groups.
 

VillageIdiot

It's Time To Break Free Of The Blues
.
.
Joined
8 November 2018
Messages
19,193
Reactions Received
60,789
Location
Tokki Topia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
19,207
Fandom
Toxic
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her/Drama Kween
Ship
My friend had tried getting me into Boyfriend but it didn't stick
Stumbled across Gee on my own
 
  • Like
Reactions: Buttercup and yeji
Joined
22 April 2019
Messages
1,118
Reactions Received
2,529
Location
ᶦᵗˢ ᵃ ˢᵉᶜʳᵉᵗ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
it was back when I was in 7th grade and my friend show me an episode of Full House starring Rain & Song Hye Kyo and show me video of Rain. After I discovered DB5K and that was when I was in love.
 

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
I stumbled upon SHINee‘s Lucifer in 2010 and immediately fell in love with the group. As soon as I started Hello Baby, I was deep into them.
 
Joined
18 August 2019
Messages
1,773
Reactions Received
3,304
Location
In the SHINee World
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
2,895
Fandom
Multistan
Gender
Non-Binary
Pronouns
They/them preferred
I wanna say it was Radio Disney and/or either GG's Run Devil Run or Wonder Girls Nobody that got me youtube searching and discovering kpop as a whole
 
Joined
8 August 2019
Messages
40
Reactions Received
48
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
The first Kpop video I watched was EXO - Call me Baby..I remember liking Suho a lot (still do). I lost touch with Kpop after that
And after a few years I watched BTS- Blood, Sweat and Tears and I was hooked. BTS was the first group I liked and now I'm down the rabbit hole.
:wonugl:
 
Joined
27 May 2019
Messages
35
Reactions Received
169
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Spring 2016:

my friend had been bugging me about BTS

and then during one of my study halls at school I decided to look up Kpop

and I found these






and I’ve been hooked ever since
 
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
1,233
Reactions Received
3,641
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Back when I was huge weeb my friend on a fanfiction website was like you got of check out this Collab it's basically like real life anime.

It was catchy
Then YouTube recommended me this song

Donghae used to be the thumbnail and he is so handsome I instantly feel in love. Then I wanted know more about this group. Then because I love Suju I got into other groups as well. Then I feel in a dark hole thanks to my friend in 2009.
December marks my 10year anniversary​
 
  • Love
Reactions: Deleted member 289

Kimono

Woo Woo Wa Baby
.
Joined
13 August 2019
Messages
940
Reactions Received
1,770
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Somehow came across SNSd and years later found mr chu, me Gustas tu.. darling.
Etc. I loved the songs and cute concept.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread