- Joined
- 27 August 2018
- Messages
- 71,392
- Reactions Received
- 151,404
- Cards
- View Profile
- KS Coins
- 129,595
- Fandom
- Lex stan
- Gender
- Female
- Pronouns
- she/her
- Ship
- Wreck
And I mean not good, not bad, not horrible, but just not good enough for the time. I'm curious because so many leaders that people think of are either amazing or terrible, but the middle areas are less talked about.
I feel like one US president that is viewed this way is James Buchanan. He was president from 1857-1861, the last president to finish serving before the US Civil War (which began about a month after Buchanan left and Lincoln took office). His time is seen as a point of deep division that needed strong leadership, but he mostly just did nothing to unsuccessfully try to please everyone. But not necessarily that bad had he been president at another time, probably still not good, but better.
I feel like one US president that is viewed this way is James Buchanan. He was president from 1857-1861, the last president to finish serving before the US Civil War (which began about a month after Buchanan left and Lincoln took office). His time is seen as a point of deep division that needed strong leadership, but he mostly just did nothing to unsuccessfully try to please everyone. But not necessarily that bad had he been president at another time, probably still not good, but better.