What is really an opinion? (1 Viewer)

jasque

Antifragile
.
.
Joined
29 August 2018
Messages
11,564
Reactions Received
42,959
Location
Brasil
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
18,971
Fandom
Chahee Lovers
Gender
Male
This is something that annoyed me since child.

I can't see how to form an opinion "from zero", so what's the point when people say "whatever, it's just my opinion"?

Because I see more like, somebody more good at the subject says something, I judge if it seems reasonable and then it becomes a belief.

But then can I say that the opinion is really mine? It feels weird.
 

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
I like your thought process with this. I never thought of it that way but you for sure explained it in a reasonable way.
 
  • Wow
Reactions: jasque

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
In that sense "it's just my opinion" can sound like; I don't want to hear about facts I just want to believe in what I believe in.

But, not everything is agreed on, not everything is factual or can be measured, and some things might be just up to preference.

Like saying: "Climate change is not real" is ignoring facts and not wanting to know more, but "Twice is better girl group than Blackpink" is hard to base in facts. For latter you could still bring up facts and numbers (like kpop fans always do), but would those matter if value of those measurements is not agreed on- and why would it overrule someone's personal preference?

So in short; things that include preferences are opinions.
 
  • Like
Reactions: jasque and yeji
Joined
8 March 2019
Messages
6,995
Reactions Received
12,662
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
691
Fandom
Exo L
Gender
Male
Ship
so what's the point when people say "whatever, it's just my opinion"?
Its just a way for people to justify their opinions without having to give evidence towards facts. It is worth noting that while people are entitled to have an opinion/s, that doesn't mean that others don't have the right to question such opinions. Its sort of like the freedom of religion thing in that a lot of people don't really understand it. lol
 
  • Like
Reactions: jasque

jasque

Antifragile
.
.
Joined
29 August 2018
Messages
11,564
Reactions Received
42,959
Location
Brasil
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
18,971
Fandom
Chahee Lovers
Gender
Male
Well in your opinion that person is right, thereby making it your opinion :wimwim:
Thats my point, its more a judgement lol

In english at least it makes more sense, because we say "i think" or "I believe"

In portuguese we say "I find" (eu acho), it sounds weird lol
 
  • Like
Reactions: Ahsoka

jasque

Antifragile
.
.
Joined
29 August 2018
Messages
11,564
Reactions Received
42,959
Location
Brasil
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
18,971
Fandom
Chahee Lovers
Gender
Male
In that sense "it's just my opinion" can sound like; I don't want to hear about facts I just want to believe in what I believe in.

But, not everything is agreed on, not everything is factual or can be measured, and some things might be just up to preference.

Like saying: "Climate change is not real" is ignoring facts and not wanting to know more, but "Twice is better girl group than Blackpink" is hard to base in facts. For latter you could still bring up facts and numbers (like kpop fans always do), but would those matter if value of those measurements is not agreed on- and why would it overrule someone's personal preference?

So in short; things that include preferences are opinions.
I think there exists opinion, but its something rare like originality

Of course, someone can learn everything by experience. Then they can say "nobody teached me that, I learned with life"

But nowadays its kinda the dumb way, because there's information about everything available (except classified information, like ets, iluminatti and stuff lol)

We can also observe things and say "oh so it works like that" but then its more like science
 
Last edited:
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
16,036
Reactions Received
44,289
Location
the female gaze
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
124
Fandom
luoshifemy
Gender
Female
Pronouns
luo/yunxi
Ship
A fact is everything that I say and an opinion is what everyone else says
 
  • Love
Reactions: jasque

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread