What is your favourite type of character/s? (4 Viewers)

Joined
16 June 2019
Messages
61,590
Reactions Received
105,389
Location
Schweiz 🇨🇭
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
41,010
Fandom
Buddy
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/her 💗💛💙
Ship
Wreck
To be honest Lupin is many things :lisalaugh:

But Guardian he is for sure. The way he sets out to protect Harry, and then all his friends later on in the books.

He is also fragile and a bit of a loner too in Azkaban isn't he. As he hides his Werewolf side he makes himself be alone.
Oh that’s true too 😉
 
  • Love
Reactions: OnlyCalB

OnlyCalB

GG Trash
.
.
Joined
24 November 2018
Messages
52,131
Reactions Received
94,782
Location
Dreamworld
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
132,191
Gender
Male
Pronouns
He/Him/Card Master
I found a wonderful quote of him. "He is brave" :sj_weary:
That's deep, and so true. Malfoy was indeed brave. Shame he was born into a dark family really.
 

bulletproof

✧ @karina is the eva to my noora ✧
.
.
Joined
2 September 2018
Messages
12,423
Reactions Received
54,952
Location
ARMY base 💕
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
55
Gender
Female
Ship
Fair enough :).

What TV series are you watching? I'm just getting into Designated Survivor.
I'm watching a lot of series tbh:nekosweat: Currently watching The queen's gambit and Brooklyn 911, but I just finished Unbelievable, Dead to me and Ratched :wimwim: and I'm also re-watching Harry Potter because eh, 2nd lockdown

Oooh, politics series? Do you like it?
 
  • Love
Reactions: OnlyCalB

OnlyCalB

GG Trash
.
.
Joined
24 November 2018
Messages
52,131
Reactions Received
94,782
Location
Dreamworld
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
132,191
Gender
Male
Pronouns
He/Him/Card Master
I'm watching a lot of series tbh:nekosweat: Currently watching The queen's gambit and Brooklyn 911, but I just finished Unbelievable, Dead to me and Ratched :wimwim: and I'm also re-watching Harry Potter because eh, 2nd lockdown

Oooh, politics series? Do you like it?
Brooklyn 911 is pretty good :).

I don't usually watch political TV shows but I wanted to check out Designated Survivor due to Kiefer Sutherland (I loved his 24 series). And I must say I'm impressed. It can be a bit slow burn, but the story holds up and is engaging. I like the idea of how Kiefer's character was forced into becoming President, and how he learns to be one on the go lol

I'd recommend it to you, even if political tv shows aren't your thing. There's more to the show than just politics, like other political dramas. :)
 
  • Like
Reactions: bulletproof

bulletproof

✧ @karina is the eva to my noora ✧
.
.
Joined
2 September 2018
Messages
12,423
Reactions Received
54,952
Location
ARMY base 💕
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
55
Gender
Female
Ship
Brooklyn 911 is pretty good :).

I don't usually watch political TV shows but I wanted to check out Designated Survivor due to Kiefer Sutherland (I loved his 24 series). And I must say I'm impressed. It can be a bit slow burn, but the story holds up and is engaging. I like the idea of how Kiefer's character was forced into becoming President, and how he learns to be one on the go lol

I'd recommend it to you, even if political tv shows aren't your thing. There's more to the show than just politics, like other political dramas. :)
Yeah, it is quite nice, I like to watch sitcoms when I'm eating or doing something else.

Ooh it must be interesting :sanapray: I'm not familiar with this series since yeah, political tv shows are not really my thing, but I'm sure there is way more than just politics. I was thinking about watching House of cards at some point, but I don't know...
 
  • Love
Reactions: OnlyCalB
Joined
21 February 2019
Messages
59,743
Reactions Received
93,541
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
190,092
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
I think you missed the lovable rogue. AKA Han Solo, Mat, Malcom Reynolds, Jane, Silk ect.

obv i love guardian's/ hidden king. Rand, Nyneave, Moraine ,Lan, Garion, Harry Dresden. Kaladin. Rock (not to be confused with the rock ), Sam, Frodo, Strider
the over powered caster guardian Belgarath, Polgara, Gandalf, Yoda , obi wan, Elrond,
There are so many types.
Vin from mistborn kinda a guardian.
I would guess bilbo is in you glass cannon area.
 
  • Love
Reactions: OnlyCalB

OnlyCalB

GG Trash
.
.
Joined
24 November 2018
Messages
52,131
Reactions Received
94,782
Location
Dreamworld
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
132,191
Gender
Male
Pronouns
He/Him/Card Master
Yeah, it is quite nice, I like to watch sitcoms when I'm eating or doing something else.

Ooh it must be interesting :sanapray: I'm not familiar with this series since yeah, political tv shows are not really my thing, but I'm sure there is way more than just politics. I was thinking about watching House of cards at some point, but I don't know...
I've watched House of Cards. Unfortunately that show was made for Kevin Spacey and the role his character played. He was the centre stage and since what happened to him, and him no longer being in the show, I didn't watch the final season. No point.

But I did enjoy House of Cards when Kevin Spacey was in it though.
 
  • Like
Reactions: bulletproof

OnlyCalB

GG Trash
.
.
Joined
24 November 2018
Messages
52,131
Reactions Received
94,782
Location
Dreamworld
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
132,191
Gender
Male
Pronouns
He/Him/Card Master
I think you missed the lovable rogue. AKA Han Solo, Mat, Malcom Reynolds, Jane, Silk ect.

obv i love guardian's/ hidden king. Rand, Nyneave, Moraine ,Lan, Garion, Harry Dresden. Kaladin. Rock (not to be confused with the rock ), Sam, Frodo, Strider
the over powered caster guardian Belgarath, Polgara, Gandalf, Yoda , obi wan, Elrond,
There are so many types.
Vin from mistborn kinda a guardian.
I would guess bilbo is in you glass cannon area.
So many iconic characters, and so many ways to categorise them for sure lol.

Rogue types are very enjoyable to play as in video games. I guess the Assassin's are almost like Rouges in Assassin's Creed series :).

Bilbo Baggins is Glass-Cannon for sure. Very brave and courageous, but so easily swayed by the ring. Definitely as strong minded as he is weak minded.
 
  • Love
Reactions: RandAlThor

OnlyCalB

GG Trash
.
.
Joined
24 November 2018
Messages
52,131
Reactions Received
94,782
Location
Dreamworld
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
132,191
Gender
Male
Pronouns
He/Him/Card Master
Katniss - glass cannon?
ofc most of the HP verse is guardian. I really like Luna fragile?
Katniss from Hunger Games? I'm not too familiar with her character.

Luna from HP could be placed into the fragile character category for sure.
 
  • Love
Reactions: RandAlThor

bulletproof

✧ @karina is the eva to my noora ✧
.
.
Joined
2 September 2018
Messages
12,423
Reactions Received
54,952
Location
ARMY base 💕
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
55
Gender
Female
Ship
I've watched House of Cards. Unfortunately that show was made for Kevin Spacey and the role his character played. He was the centre stage and since what happened to him, and him no longer being in the show, I didn't watch the final season. No point.

But I did enjoy House of Cards when Kevin Spacey was in it though.
ooh, I'm not familiar with the actor :nekosweat:
 
  • Haha
Reactions: OnlyCalB

OnlyCalB

GG Trash
.
.
Joined
24 November 2018
Messages
52,131
Reactions Received
94,782
Location
Dreamworld
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
132,191
Gender
Male
Pronouns
He/Him/Card Master
ooh, I'm not familiar with the actor :nekosweat:
Let's just say he did something to get him removed from the show. And it seriously impacted how enjoyable House of Card's was for fans, or making fans not watch the show at all. I was one of the ones to skip the final season lol. Not saying Kevin Spacey deserved to stay on the show, just that he made the show as good as it was.
 
  • Like
Reactions: bulletproof
Joined
19 November 2018
Messages
4,371
Reactions Received
11,118
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
330
Fandom
ReVeluv
Gender
Female
The assassin class in games

the anti-hero (similar to Uchiha Itachi, Ichimaru Gin, or Red Hood/Jason Todd types).

Quirky Villains or Part-time villains SOMETIMES.

Hisoka from Hunter x Hunter because he is just his own category to me.

the unbothered shounen hero (thinking mostly about the shield hero anime lol)

Detectives
 
  • Love
Reactions: OnlyCalB

OnlyCalB

GG Trash
.
.
Joined
24 November 2018
Messages
52,131
Reactions Received
94,782
Location
Dreamworld
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
132,191
Gender
Male
Pronouns
He/Him/Card Master
The assassin class in games

the anti-hero (similar to Uchiha Itachi, Ichimaru Gin, or Red Hood/Jason Todd types).

Quirky Villains or Part-time villains SOMETIMES.

Hisoka from Hunter x Hunter because he is just his own category to me.

the unbothered shounen hero (thinking mostly about the shield hero anime lol)

Detectives
Villains can be great! One of my fave Villains is the Joker. Comic books have a number of great villains, but Joker is so damn good.

Anti-Heroes are often really interesting as they have a conflict within themselves that adds depth to their character. :)
 
  • Love
Reactions: AmysTeri

OnlyCalB

GG Trash
.
.
Joined
24 November 2018
Messages
52,131
Reactions Received
94,782
Location
Dreamworld
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
132,191
Gender
Male
Pronouns
He/Him/Card Master
Katniss - glass cannon?
ofc most of the HP verse is guardian. I really like Luna fragile?
So I've look a bit into Katniss as I know that she's the main character in Hunger Games, but I always assumed she was the hero/guardian type. That's why I was so curious to find out why you think she is glass-cannon as that makes her very interesting indeed.

What would you say made her equally weak as she was strong? Was it her love interest/triangle that made her so burdened that it could have ruined so much and changed the direction of the whole story, and not for the better?
 
  • Love
Reactions: RandAlThor
Joined
21 February 2019
Messages
59,743
Reactions Received
93,541
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
190,092
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
So I've look a bit into Katniss as I know that she's the main character in Hunger Games, but I always assumed she was the hero/guardian type. That's why I was so curious to find out why you think she is glass-cannon as that makes her very interesting indeed.

What would you say made her equally weak as she was strong? Was it her love interest/triangle that made her so burdened that it could have ruined so much and changed the direction of the whole story, and not for the better?
She is very very damaged, bitter, angry from start. What humanizes her is her love for her sister and assorted characters thru the books, for whom yes she is a guardian.
But she herself is more vengeance orientated than guardian and her psyche is fragile.
I feel the hero of the story is one of the love interests. Who becomes the glue that keeps her together.
She is the focus but Katniss is not right and being forced to kill other children breaks her further.
 
  • Wow
Reactions: OnlyCalB

OnlyCalB

GG Trash
.
.
Joined
24 November 2018
Messages
52,131
Reactions Received
94,782
Location
Dreamworld
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
132,191
Gender
Male
Pronouns
He/Him/Card Master
She is very very damaged, bitter, angry from start. What humanizes her is her love for her sister and assorted characters thru the books, for whom yes she is a guardian.
But she herself is more vengeance orientated than guardian and her psyche is fragile.
I feel the hero of the story is one of the love interests. Who becomes the glue that keeps her together.
She is the focus but Katniss is not right and being forced to kill other children breaks her further.
Wow! Such a deep character indeed.

Perhaps I should watch all the movies in full then. :)
 
  • Love
Reactions: RandAlThor

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread