what was the first K-pop song you ever heard? (1 Viewer)

Joined
3 January 2021
Messages
9,062
Reactions Received
8,671
Location
Hugging the brightest star next to the moon
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
1,302
Fandom
💎Multi🏴‍☠️
Gender
Female, Non-Binary, Other
Pronouns
She/Her
Fantastic Baby by BigBang
 

Areum

Seongwha's Wife
.
Joined
5 January 2021
Messages
5,947
Reactions Received
14,469
Location
- ATEEZ's studio
Website
www.instagram.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
139
Fandom
Multi
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her/#1 ATINY
Ship
I disovered kpop by this video:


and then this mv:
 
Joined
20 November 2018
Messages
65,862
Reactions Received
77,040
Location
Heaven
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
53,448
It was 2017. I stepped into the news of an mv that had surpassed the 3B views for the first time in yt history. I watched a video listing the top 3 yt videos and I think the third of them was Gangnam Style. I looked it up on youtube and watched it. However, I didn't know it was kpop by then. A little later, I watched a video reaction to the top yt video by a kpop group named KNK. On that video they asked to watch their recent comeback "Rain" and I did. That was the first kpop song I heard knowing it was kpop.

The mv that had surpassed 3B views on youtube, and the reason I got introduced to kpop was Despacito.
 
  • Haha
Reactions: ChiaraStar169

ChiaraStar169

bite the apple, baby!
.
.
Joined
12 September 2020
Messages
40,124
Reactions Received
46,794
Location
irritating the metalheads
Website
www.tumblr.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
183,412
Fandom
mainly bg
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
It was 2017. I stepped into the news of an mv that had surpassed the 3B views for the first time in yt history. I watched a video listing the top 3 yt videos and I think the third of them was Gangnam Style. I looked it up on youtube and watched it. However, I didn't know it was kpop by then. A little later, I watched a video reaction to the top yt video by a kpop group named KNK. On that video they asked to watch their recent comeback "Rain" and I did. That was the first kpop song I heard knowing it was kpop.

The mv that had surpassed 3B views on youtube, and the reason I got introduced to kpop was Despacito.
Where's that meme gif where he's spewing water everywhere??? lol Here I was thinking it was Fake Love or sumn! lol
 
  • Haha
Reactions: Michael

ChiaraStar169

bite the apple, baby!
.
.
Joined
12 September 2020
Messages
40,124
Reactions Received
46,794
Location
irritating the metalheads
Website
www.tumblr.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
183,412
Fandom
mainly bg
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
Technically Gangnam Style, but all I knew was that it was "the first song to chart on AT40 with mostly Korean lyrics" lol (and btw, hOW COME THAT SONG MADE IT TO LIKE THE TOP FREAKING TEN WHEN A WELL-KNOWN GROUP LIKE BTS BARELY MADE THE TOP 20??? Double standards much??? :taeminface:

lol okay, done ranting...
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread