You don't live with a guardian or a foster parent?
No, I'm 30 now. The relationship I've had with my parents as a child was difficult...
My father was non existent majority of my life, he showed up once when I was 12/13 by that point he was a stranger to me. I didn't get to know him as a person until I was 18 and lived with him for a year, but even then he didn't know how to be a father, not that I needed him. Getting to know him as a person kinda shone a light of why he wasn't in been my life and why we don't connect as people. He gave me life so I can respect him in that nature but there's nothing tying us together but blood.
As for my mother... She was there in presence but not really supportive, her general personality was semi irresponsible and immature, alot of things came before the needs of her kids, then she was diagnosed as paranoid schizophrenic and whatever relationship that could be salvaged she denied when she was well as she refused to really come to terms with the stuff she did do to us when she wasn't sick, we didn't blame her for things she did when she was sick as we acknowledged that it wasn't her fault, but she never truly addressed anything, she would rather buy me off with alcohol rather than talk bout her lack of nurture and poor life choices than affected our upbringing.
Then she was diagnosed with cancer 7 years ago, by that point our relationship didn't exist but I took care of her regardless and had no issur doing so, since that's what I always did despite caring for my own baby at that time. When she died (2014) there was relief in a sense and a little bit of closure...despite our relationship never being repaired But the rest of my siblings came to realise that even though she was no longer there it didn't make much difference to them cause I was the one that looked after them majority of the time, of course it was sad for them losing her but they had me.