COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

What's a common phrase you hate? (1 Viewer)

Mangoey

⤔ ғ ʟ ᴀ ᴍ ᴀ ɴ ɢ ᴏ ⬹
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
💡 Lightbulb
Ship
The phrase could care less bothers me. Because it should be said couldn't care less and either way, the same point will be made? I just find it confusing.
:nekosweat:

Last edited:

Mayday

🍓Your 1-Up Girl🍓
Reactions Received
KS Coins
"I have to straighten these pencils because my OCD-" when they don't have OCD.

"This is giving me PTSD"- Minor inconveniences can't give you a disorder

And lastly, "I could care less" implies that you do care. The phrase is "I couldn't care less".
edit: our mindssss :bigcatclap:

Yili

Stay • Czennie • Teume • Moodz • One-It • Villain
Reactions Received
Website
flyhighyili.carrd.co
KS Coins
Fandom
Multi <3
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
"I have to straighten these pencils because my OCD-" when they don't have OCD.

"This is giving me PTSD"- Minor inconveniences can't give you a disorder

And lastly, "I could care less" implies that you do care. The phrase is "I couldn't care less".
edit: our mindssss :bigcatclap:
btw i love your studio ghibli aesthetic :pandabeg:

I hate the phrase "let that sink in", because people use it on twitter too much :pikasmart:
also if people use sparkles and hearts while mocking people or responding sarcastically, i don't like that either LOL

Mangoey

⤔ ғ ʟ ᴀ ᴍ ᴀ ɴ ɢ ᴏ ⬹
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
💡 Lightbulb
Ship
also if people use sparkles and hearts while mocking people or responding sarcastically, i don't like that either LOL
ngl i do this one a lot lmaoo
but i only do it when im being self deprecating

Yili

Stay • Czennie • Teume • Moodz • One-It • Villain
Reactions Received
Website
flyhighyili.carrd.co
KS Coins
Fandom
Multi <3
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
ngl i do this one a lot lmaoo
but i only do it when im being self deprecating
it's ok to do it to yourself haha

i find it a bit tacky to do it to others if you're just making fun of them, that's all :nekoshy:

Mayday

🍓Your 1-Up Girl🍓
Reactions Received
KS Coins
btw i love your studio ghibli aesthetic :pandabeg:

I hate the phrase "let that sink in", because people use it on twitter too much :pikasmart:
Thank you!

lexus

Pinkchella
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Wreck
"I'm SOOOO OCD"

As someone who was diagnosed with OCD, it annoys me so damn much because they don't know the actual struggle of OCD

Mayday

🍓Your 1-Up Girl🍓
Reactions Received
KS Coins
"I'm SOOOO OCD"

As someone who was diagnosed with OCD, it annoys me so damn much because they don't know the actual struggle of OCD
Yup, can totally relate to this.

And then when you don't have "stereotypical OCD", you aren't deemed as valid enough. OCD also isn't seen as a genuine problem because people think it's just having to organize things or wash your hands.

As someone with strictly mental compulsions, I get told all the time that my OCD is likely not serious because I don't seem like I would have OCD and because I'm a messy person. Really frustrating. :reallysadcat:

lexus

Pinkchella
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Wreck
Yup, can totally relate to this.

And then when you don't have "stereotypical OCD", you aren't deemed as valid enough. OCD also isn't seen as a genuine problem because people think it's just having to organize things or wash your hands.

As someone with strictly mental compulsions, I get told all the time that my OCD is likely not serious because I don't seem like I would have OCD and because I'm a messy person. Really frustrating. :reallysadcat:
Yeah I get what you mean. Especially with mental compulsions. Those are the absolute worse :nekosweat:

I also have an issue with germs and feeling "dirty". I was even told that I needed to "grow up" because I'd get mad when people purposely touched me. (More specifically, my hands). And soon as they touched my hands I'd immediately go wash them while they laughed at me. It's super frustrating

kinnie

eep.
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
“I’m so fat.” Complains a non-fat person while their friend Jabbah the Hut breaks the scale.
:wimwim:

Mayday

🍓Your 1-Up Girl🍓
Reactions Received
KS Coins
“I’m so fat.” Complains a non-fat person while their friend Jabbah the Hut breaks the scale.
:wimwim:
Hm they could have a mental problem though. I was like 80 lbs and I thought I was fat due to dysmorphia so they aren't always doing it for attention :nekosweat:

Mayday

🍓Your 1-Up Girl🍓
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Yeah I get what you mean. Especially with mental compulsions. Those are the absolute worse :nekosweat:

I also have an issue with germs and feeling "dirty". I was even told that I needed to "grow up" because I'd get mad when people purposely touched me. (More specifically, my hands). And soon as they touched my hands I'd immediately go wash them while they laughed at me. It's super frustrating
Yeah, I have an obsessive fear of catching viruses or bacteria and I'm always told that I'm "doing too much", so I totally understand what you mean. I'm usually mocked or scolded. I understand it's tiring to deal with someone whos constantly panicking but like...it's not our fault. If we could stop being germaphobic, we definitely would. COVID definitely has not helped anyone's OCD at all so it's just like...please give us a break. :pandabeg:

Mental compulsions suck especially because they can get "blocked" off so you have to go back and undo and redo them.

lexus

Pinkchella
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Wreck
Yeah, I have an obsessive fear of catching viruses or bacteria and I'm always told that I'm "doing too much", so I totally understand what you mean. I'm usually mocked or scolded. I understand it's tiring to deal with someone whos constantly panicking but like...it's not our fault. If we could stop being germaphobic, we definitely would. COVID definitely has not helped anyone's OCD at all so it's just like...please give us a break. :pandabeg:

Mental compulsions suck especially because they can get "blocked" off so you have to go back and undo and redo them.
Yeah with Covid it's making me want to wash my hands a lot more and hard not to give into temptation. I'm always super careful to not touch things when I go out public, even if they were already sanitized :sadcat:
And yeah redoing the mental compulsions can be so exhausting. I wish we could get break from our OCD once in a while. It's so tiring :sadcat:

ParksQueen301

Park boys are king
Reactions Received
Website
www.tumblr.com
KS Coins
Fandom
multi
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
"We're pregnant" - no, y'all aren't. SHE'S pregnant; y'all are EXPECTING! (unless, of course, you're in a girl x girl relationship and you couldn't decide who should carry the baby lol)

"I could care less:" - this implies that you DO care about the situation/thing in question. The correct phrase is "I COULDN'T care less"!

"ATM machine" and "PIN number" - Automatic teller machine machine? Personal identification number number? lol those should stay in the "department of redundancy department", as I like to call it. lol

"Postal zip code" - they're synonyms! It's "postal code" or "zip code" - CHOOSE ONE!

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
EXO-L
Pronouns
She/Her
"I'm almost there". I know you're nowhere near here Bxtch just tell me the truth :nayeonisdone:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread