What's the maximum age gap a relationship can have before it starts getting creepy? (1 Viewer)

Mangoey

⤔ ғ ʟ ᴀ ᴍ ᴀ ɴ ɢ ᴏ ⬹
Joined
2 September 2018
Messages
8,269
Reactions Received
26,625
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Ship
Honestly I don't really care about age gaps, I think as long as the younger person knows what they're getting into, it should be fine.
It's only uncomfy when a really old person dates a minor or knew the younger person as they were growing up. I think dating anyone under 25 with a 7+ year age gap is just kinda :zoomeyes:​
 

Yili

Stay • Czennie • Teume • Moodz • One-It • Villain
.
.
Joined
13 November 2018
Messages
36,941
Reactions Received
64,079
Location
You did well Moonbin <3
Website
flyhighyili.carrd.co
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
Multi <3
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
Depends on the age of the youngest person for me and if they knew each other since the youngest was underage. Like in Emma (book by Jane Austen) they are 16 years apart and he knew her from being like a kid soooooooooo :seokeyes: idk man you do you i guess
 

Mangoey

⤔ ғ ʟ ᴀ ᴍ ᴀ ɴ ɢ ᴏ ⬹
Joined
2 September 2018
Messages
8,269
Reactions Received
26,625
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Ship
Depends on the age of the youngest person for me and if they knew each other since the youngest was underage. Like in Emma (book by Jane Austen) they are 16 years apart and he knew her from being like a kid soooooooooo :seokeyes: idk man you do you i guess
oof yeah thats super creepy :wimwim:
I don't think I could ever date someone more than 5 years older than me :jisoosmh:
 

Yili

Stay • Czennie • Teume • Moodz • One-It • Villain
.
.
Joined
13 November 2018
Messages
36,941
Reactions Received
64,079
Location
You did well Moonbin <3
Website
flyhighyili.carrd.co
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
Multi <3
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
oof yeah thats super creepy :wimwim:
I don't think I could ever date someone more than 5 years older than me :jisoosmh:
Yeah my cut off is 1994 :sanapray: so 5 years older than me is the limit
 

Venomous

ᵀᴴᴬᵀ Monbebe/WENEE
.
Joined
13 November 2018
Messages
2,809
Reactions Received
6,360
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
10,457
Fandom
Weneebebe
Gender
Non-Binary
Pronouns
Any
I feel similarly about the familiarity while underage issue, or when one party is a minor. Otherwise age gaps don't really bug me unless it's super obviously a gold digger/exploitative situation or when someone is with someone younger than their own children. That last one disturbs the hell out of me because no parent should be dating someone their kids' age or younger, I always feel bad for the children in that situation (even if they're adult children, it's just weird).
 

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Its hard to say what is hard age gap. Kinda depends on couple and their situation. But if its in line of this person could be others dad/mother then its weird.
 

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
.
.
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
22,959
Reactions Received
108,834
Location
Kwangya
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
Depends on the age of the people in question. When you’re just 18 and above, even a 4-5 year gap looks too sus. As you cross 25, people generally have matured fully and even 10+ age gaps can be okay depending on the people in question so.

Generally, the older people get, the more their range widens.
 

Panda

.
.
.
.
Joined
24 September 2018
Messages
8,755
Reactions Received
24,302
Location
Somewhere Near Bamboo
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
12
Fandom
Starlight
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
Wreck
I would totally be cool with a 7 year gap especially since my older sister is that age
 
Joined
16 June 2019
Messages
61,590
Reactions Received
105,389
Location
Schweiz 🇨🇭
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
41,010
Fandom
Buddy
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/her 💗💛💙
Ship
Wreck
Yeah my cut off is 1994 :sanapray: so 5 years older than me is the limit
mine is 1991 :sanapray: (but younger than me would be anyways older than my brother)
 
  • Love
  • Like
Reactions: Baechu and Mangoey
Joined
26 August 2018
Messages
0
Reactions Received
31,963
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Honestly, it's true when they say age is just a number. It's more complex than "generational gap". I dated people born in 1997 and they were eons smarter, wiser than myself, then again I also dated a guy who was 1989 and he was absolutely clueless about his life. As a rule of thumb, it will be easier to click with someone closer to your age, but not necessarily true.
 
  • Love
Reactions: Mangoey

Mayday

🍓Your 1-Up Girl🍓
.
Joined
26 September 2018
Messages
8,197
Reactions Received
27,145
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
I think I like the rule that goes that you have to divide your age in half and add 7. But like OP mentioned, I believe this only applies when the younger party is at least 25-ish. So if you're 40, you can date someone up to 27. Still iffy imo but not creepy at least.


As far as personal preferences go, I wouldn't go for anyone 3 years apart from me.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Darkseid

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread