What's the point of trying to like a group? (1 Viewer)

VillageIdiot

It's Time To Break Free Of The Blues
.
.
Joined
8 November 2018
Messages
19,193
Reactions Received
60,789
Location
Tokki Topia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
19,207
Fandom
Toxic
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her/Drama Kween
Ship
A weird company stanning logic "This company produces Group A and Group B so it makes sense that I'll like group C" or "this group is really hyped, I'll check them out" you listen to more songs than you would other groups and give them more chances

I've been guilty of it but if it doesn't work, it just does not work
 
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
45,010
Reactions Received
52,916
Location
Rosé's World
Website
nowherelandwithmemyselfandi.wat
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
169,929
Fandom
GoldenStar
Gender
Male
I've seen a lot of people say that they tried to like x group or y group, but I don't understand why. If they're not your type why try to force yourself to like them? As long as you're not hating on them I think not caring for them is fine. Forcing yourself to like something thats not your type seems so unnecessary to me personally.
I dint really like(just ignored or listened inattentively, i think) Blackpink or gfriend or everglow before but thru kps i ventured somewat n now love all gfriend n everglow songs/members/group. Bp i watched one stage on youtube during ktl era n was hooked, id even verbally/mentally commented previously on their 8/9 songs total n other issues but mianhae. I dont stan them cos of time or mental/brain space/attention (i just dont wanna). I only stan/bias kpop idols tat i decided on before i realised the time/attention/budget to fulfil/satisfy myself tat it means i stan bias them.(tbh i dont really meet my own standards of stanning/biasing my own stan/bias group/idols but i consider them grandfathered in [actually it was 2018, {but let tat pass} dint stan/bias noone before then].

Theres a threshold for my liking a group/idol tats lower than stanning/biasing them but i dont think ill stan/bias anyone else in future, must at least equal level for me of the group/idols i already stan/bias for tat to happen.

Tldr: i dint consciously/purposely set out to like new groups/idol(s) it just happened suddenly, without my meaning to.
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: potato and Ahsoka
Joined
19 November 2018
Messages
4,371
Reactions Received
11,118
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
330
Fandom
ReVeluv
Gender
Female
What I usually mean by when I say 'I tried to get into a group', I mean I tried listening to more of their music and it did/didn't appeal to me. I didn't really know it mean something else other than that :dubuthink:
Seconding this, lol.....

I mean, there are so. many. groups out there. I'll hear a song from a group and may or may not like it, but my experience with that group will just be "that song" or a group of title songs, but never anything further. Me "trying to get into a group" in my-speak is me "actually listening to their discography" to see if I like it. That's it lol
 
  • Like
Reactions: potato and Ahsoka

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
For me if I tried to like group is because I liked some of their music, concepts and wanted to see if I liked the members enough to stan the group.
 
  • Like
Reactions: potato and Ahsoka

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread