What's the reason for life if u don't have good educatio (1 Viewer)

Joined
6 March 2019
Messages
2,786
Reactions Received
3,813
Location
Italia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
3,970
Gender
Female
It's stupid but I feel I don't deserve living amymore. I was on my path to be an IT engineer but I somehow lost it and am studying a useless major with zero class now (Eng translation which everyone can probably do?)

Ik i'm close minded in many people's eyes
...
But i think it's only accaptable being a doctor/engineer/lawyer bc obly those are respected where i live. How can i be happy now?
Sorry for the rant,i rly have no one to talk to these days.
 

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
My situation is bit similar with my degree, but different about education. In my close relatives i'm actually only one who even is in university, all my relatives haven't even gone to high school and instead went to vocational school to get job and work. And the mood around me is that higher education is mostly useless and u will need to get solid job and work for money. So my choice of actually getting higher education is seen as lesser from the start. :joshmeh: But what comes to my degree, I don't think it's best either, social politics. It will be hard to get job that responds to what i have studied, but I haven't lost my faith yet.

I don't think english translator is bad though, you can get involved in several different things like I have friend who wants to become translator for video games and that sounds pretty fun.
 
Joined
6 March 2019
Messages
2,786
Reactions Received
3,813
Location
Italia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
3,970
Gender
Female
My situation is bit similar with my degree, but different about education. In my close relatives i'm actually only one who even is in university, all my relatives haven't even gone to high school and instead went to vocational school to get job and work. And the mood around me is that higher education is mostly useless and u will need to get solid job and work for money. So my choice of actually getting higher education is seen as lesser from the start. :joshmeh: But what comes to my degree, I don't think it's best either, social politics. It will be hard to get job that responds to what i have studied, but I haven't lost my faith yet.

I don't think english translator is bad though, you can get involved in several different things like I have friend who wants to become translator for video games and that sounds pretty fun.
Honestly i agree high education is kinda useless,in cases people who start working full time right after high school could even do better financially. I only am worried about the social class and the respect that those names such as "doctor,engineer" blah blah would bring to me.
 

potato

☆ Stan Yolkie ☆
.
Joined
22 May 2019
Messages
5,913
Reactions Received
28,273
Location
Under the Earth
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
Moa
Ship
My father grew up in a a rural area with poor education. No one really got good jobs where he came from and people were more concerned about farming than education. But he worked hard, moved to a more economically developed country and earns well (not rich money, but a normal and stable income).

People may view you is higher respect if you are a doctor or an engineer (unfortunately, that's how the world works) but no one is going to treat you as someone in a lower social status if you don't have those jobs. So don't worry, getting a poor education or degree that you think is useless isn't the end of the world. There are endless opportunities out there for people to find. There are so many different jobs that come with translation and you could find yourself working anywhere from a lawyer's firm to doing free lance work.
 
Joined
6 March 2019
Messages
2,786
Reactions Received
3,813
Location
Italia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
3,970
Gender
Female
My father grew up in a a rural area with poor education. No one really got good jobs where he came from and people were more concerned about farming than education. But he worked hard, moved to a more economically developed country and earns well (not rich money, but a normal and stable income).

People may view you is higher respect if you are a doctor or an engineer (unfortunately, that's how the world works) but no one is going to treat you as someone in a lower social status if you don't have those jobs. So don't worry, getting a poor education or degree that you think is useless isn't the end of the world. There are endless opportunities out there for people to find. There are so many different jobs that come with translation and you could find yourself working anywhere from a lawyer's firm to doing free lance work.
I'm happy and proud of your father and people like him,that was a good experience of him
 
Joined
5 November 2018
Messages
5,078
Reactions Received
14,232
Location
CL's cherry tree
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
GZB
Gender
Female
Ship
I believe what you want is more important than people's views ^^ and if they respect you just because of your job then they are losers <3
Type "jobs list" in google and check out all of them? Maybe you will find one and be like "Omg that's what I wanna do" and major at it ^^ sounds stupid af but it may help lol
Good luck <3333333333333333333
:pepelgbt: :pepelgbt: :pepelgbt:
 

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Honestly i agree high education is kinda useless,in cases people who start working full time right after high school could even do better financially. I only am worried about the social class and the respect that those names such as "doctor,engineer" blah blah would bring to me.
Eh i don't think that's kinda respect is that important in this time, isnt it more of doing sth meaningful that is popualr ^^;
 
Joined
6 March 2019
Messages
2,786
Reactions Received
3,813
Location
Italia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
3,970
Gender
Female
I believe what you want is more important than people's views ^^ and if they respect you just because of your job then they are losers <3
Type "jobs list" in google and check out all of them? Maybe you will find one and be like "Omg that's what I wanna do" and major at it ^^ sounds stupid af but it may help lol
Good luck <3333333333333333333
:pepelgbt: :pepelgbt: :pepelgbt:
Nah lol i do google a lot of similar stuff too xD
 

Ringwanderung

ad astra per aspera
.
Joined
26 February 2019
Messages
2,391
Reactions Received
12,538
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Ship
Wreck
People can only live with what they’ve got.

I’m a law major but I have no plans of becoming a lawyer because I know it’s not cut out for me (even though it’s not impossible for me to become one), and as much as I admire doctors and engineers, those jobs are out of the question for me too.

Most people in my country are employed at companies, and I’m probably going to work for a company too in the future.

Having an average income is nothing to be ashamed of, seriously! Having a stable job surrounded by family and friends in a developed country, what more could you ask for? :P

Of course I want success with my career, everybody does, but I’ve already come to terms with myself that I’m not going to be part the so-called elite class.

Take a good look at your own abilities and appreciate them, learn to work with what you have at hand instead of regretting your life choices :)

Imagine what sort of workplace you want to work at in the future and what sort of job would suit your abilities. Focus on your future and not another individual’s. Strive to be the best version of yourself you can be. There are many career options other than those jobs you specified (you don’t have to limit yourself to translation)! Good luck~

THIS IS FREAKING LONG sksk SORRY
 
Last edited:
Joined
6 March 2019
Messages
2,786
Reactions Received
3,813
Location
Italia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
3,970
Gender
Female
translaters can make really good money and do a lot, especially if the native language you speak isn't so common so there aren't already many translators for it

it depends on how you apply your self when looking for a job but you can really do a lot especially if you are good at live translations this is really useful

just speaking english doesn't make you a good translator, some people need a lot of time to switch back and forth or communicate the right idea with the right inflection and emotion in each language

it is a skill so if you really work hard at it you can do a lot i think
Thanks, this made me very hopeful if true....
 
  • Love
Reactions: Deleted member 289
Joined
8 March 2019
Messages
6,995
Reactions Received
12,662
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
691
Fandom
Exo L
Gender
Male
Ship
But i think it's only accaptable being a doctor/engineer/lawyer bc obly those are respected where i live. How can i be happy now?
Work as the ultimate goal or way to achieve happiness seems to be your premise. Second, it seems like you're looking for a job that is prestigious, rather than one you want, because you a passion for. If you were to become a doctor, but hated it you may have prestige, but would have noxious psychological consequences based on that. Back to my first point: work doesn't have to be the ultimate goal toward happiness. Many people can be lower-middle class and be happy with a job that is deemed low rent. Perhaps find meaning and/or happiness outside of work (i.e. Sensory pleasure, love, escapism, etc.).
 
  • Like
Reactions: SnowWhite

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread