What's Your Opinion On Line Distribution? (2 Viewers)

Joined
21 February 2019
Messages
1,180
Reactions Received
4,085
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Ship
It's okay if one or two songs vocals/rappers get the most but if it's almost all the time?nah that ain't it chief. I understand if sometimes they don't fit the song or smth but if 1 or 2 or 3 members get all the spotlight it can piss me off, even if it's my own bias. I would like them all to shine.
 
Joined
24 February 2019
Messages
5,718
Reactions Received
22,690
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Ship
I mostly don't mind idols who aren't great singers not getting enough lines as long as they get to shine in some other way more suited for them, but if an idol gets no screentime and no lines like for example AOA's Chanmi, it's a little annoying and makes me wonder why they even added the poor girl to the group... I also find it weird when the weaker singers don't even get lines they can easily handle - for example, in Gone Not Around Any Longer Hyorin talks in the beginning which made me wonder why they couldn't at least give that part to Bora??
 
  • Like
Reactions: Darkyoda47 and yeji

Darkyoda47

♡ Jessica's Slave ♡
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
10,716
Reactions Received
52,564
Location
Buddy Hole
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
279
Fandom
Golden Star
Gender
Male
Ship
I mostly don't mind idols who aren't great singers not getting enough lines as long as they get to shine in some other way more suited for them, but if an idol gets no screentime and no lines like for example AOA's Chanmi, it's a little annoying and makes me wonder why they even added the poor girl to the group... I also find it weird when the weaker singers don't even get lines they can easily handle - for example, in Gone Not Around Any Longer Hyorin talks in the beginning which made me wonder why they couldn't at least give that part to Bora??
Omg this actually haunted me for a while. Both SISTAR19's singles are 80% Hyolyn and 20% Bora and I wouldn't mind that if the song was 80% singing and 20% rap. However, there was at least like 40% rap/talking in the song, which Hyolyn did 20% of and Bora the other 20%, which really made me question the validity of Bora's presence in this sub unit lol.
 
  • Like
Reactions: yeji and kodoku

Myco

Ace of Hearts
.
.
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
33,247
Reactions Received
81,309
Location
Beat Interactive
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
13,036
Fandom
Choice
Gender
Male
Pronouns
He/Him
Ship
I prefer it to be the way so a song sounds the best way possible, which can be both, a very fair line distribution to a really unfair one. In the end a fair line distribution doesn't always mean that the song sounds the best that way. I'm lucky I stan A.C.E because most of the time all of them have the same amount of lines but that's because they are all very good and on the (almost) same level of singing. But I wouldn't mind when one of them would get a lot less and a lot more or sth
 
  • Like
Reactions: yeji and Darkyoda47

Belgizen

Doyoung's wifey
.
Joined
5 November 2018
Messages
12,760
Reactions Received
31,598
Location
Doyoung's Bed
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
46,298
Fandom
NCTzen
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Really? When a tone is identifiable, I automatically think "oh she's singing this part right now. She's a good singer". Or well, something like that.
Also, if there's equal screen time, that means sometimes the idol who's singing won't get shown but someone else. Do you think that's fair?
I mean: when I listen to a song I am not really thinking. It's just there to keep me company during my long train rides and save me from boredom.
It isn't, but an idol with 0 lines wouldn't get shown in the MV. My TRCNG bias is Siwoo, this is my current life as a Siwoo-stan. Last MV he got 5 seconds screen time and it was just him from far away. And I'm not even mentioning other videos/performance vids...
 
  • Like
Reactions: yeji and Darkyoda47

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread