Appreciation What’s Your Personal Image Of God? (1 Viewer)

jasque

Antifragile
.
.
Joined
29 August 2018
Messages
11,564
Reactions Received
42,959
Location
Brasil
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
18,971
Fandom
Chahee Lovers
Gender
Male
In monotheistic thought, God is conceived of as the supreme being, creator deity, and principal object of faith. The conceptions of God, as described by theologians,[who?] commonly include the attributes of omniscience (all-knowing), omnipotence (all-powerful), omnipresence (all-present), and as having an eternal and necessary existence. Depending on one's kind of theism, these attributes are used either in way of analogy, or in a literal sense as distinct properties.

I see god as an omnipotent being that does whatever they want.
I think Haruhi fits that description, so...



Just curious
 

Minuteman

Another Settlement Needs Your Help
.
.
Joined
15 November 2018
Messages
7,387
Reactions Received
22,724
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
I was a Catholic my whole life, so your description in the op pretty much matches my views: all-knowing, all-powerful, omnipresent, existing for all eternity, our creator, and all that stuff. Also all-loving.

But I don't believe anymore, so I currently don't have a personal image of what god is.
 
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
16,036
Reactions Received
44,289
Location
the female gaze
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
124
Fandom
luoshifemy
Gender
Female
Pronouns
luo/yunxi
Ship
12342

God looks like Taeyong becuase Taeyong is God
 

Attachments

Joined
8 March 2019
Messages
6,995
Reactions Received
12,662
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
691
Fandom
Exo L
Gender
Male
Ship
There is a greek philosopher (Xenophanes) who was an atheist and rejected religion, because human beings, in his view, model Gods after themselves. If you look at Ancient Pagan religions you will see that they tend to have gods that engage in all sorts of lascivious and immortal behavior. He also said something similar about appearance of Gods. For instance, Greek Gods will take on a greek phenotype...

I'm Catholic. Let that be your road map to what my conception of God is. I could quote the Catechism ad nauseum as to what my personal image of god is, but... I'm sure I would bore everyone so I wont. .
 
  • Like
Reactions: Skinnny and jasque

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread