COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

What’s your red flag in relationships and friendships? (1 Viewer)

LeeriaYa

The Wandering Koala
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Carat
Everyone has pet peeves, flaws, and things that make us side eye. But, we also have things that we don’t want in relationships to look for, or have.

My biggest red flag that I make sure is always in my boundaries is I do not like having bullies, or people who normalize toxic verbal communication in my relationships, or friends.

I Rejected someone recently because they told me the reason they liked making fun of a specific person is because they get “upset”. I would even see this person post really bad comments when they uploaded pictures and and make fun of the stuff they liked and wore. It even got to the point it was physical. The guy then told me I was being too sensitive because I said I didn’t want to date a bully. :shamesica: My groupchat and I roast each other and poke at each other, but we absolutely stay away from Trauma’s and physical traits we don’t feel confident in unless we poke at ourselves.
People can state it’s being sensitive, but I believe everyone should have a basic level of respect unless they absolutely did not earn, or keep it. Then I just ignore. I’ve always been confrontational. So, I have no problem calling it out.

What’s your red flags?

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
inspirit
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
When a friend gets angry at you for not accepting something from them or being overly aggressive with their disapproval of things you do-it's usually a bad sign. This goes for partners too.

Also with relationships, I would say another red flag is someone who has any issues with you hanging out with your friends.

LeeriaYa

The Wandering Koala
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Carat
When a friend gets angry at you for not accepting something from them or being overly aggressive with their disapproval of things you do-it's usually a bad sign. This goes for partners too.

Also with relationships, I would say another red flag is someone who has any issues with you hanging out with your friends.
:ankha:I agree. Controlling friends who censor the things you do, and controlling partners are always a toxic force to be reckoned with. They usually want to be the only one you see and speak to which is unhealthy because it can even get into cutting off from family.

LeeriaYa

The Wandering Koala
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Carat
I guess if I'm someone's after thought or second choice it's red flag for me.
:shamesica: It’s good when you realize you deserve better than to be second. It’s like the saying if you really love something than set it free, but it should also go like if someone is setting you free. Then run the hell away :zoomeyes::sanapray:Glad you know you deserve to be in first, Pan Pan.

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
inspirit
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
:ankha:I agree. Controlling friends who censor the things you do, and controlling partners are always a toxic force to be reckoned with. They usually want to be the only one you see and speak to which is unhealthy because it can even get into cutting off from family.
I've had too many friends like the first one. They make you feel bad because they come across as so nice but in reality, they are controlling and it's just a super toxic situation. Thankfully I haven't dealt with the bottom one.

Abeamus

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Wreck
Well excluding toxic behaviour stuff as I feel like that's pretty normal to draw the line on then it'd be if the conversation feels like a drag I won't enjoy it as much and will lose interest so I guess that'd count as a pet peeve.

mysteric

.*゚+ rest in peace our little pear blossom *+.
Reactions Received
Website
aespas.carrd.com
KS Coins
Fandom
MeU & MY
Pronouns
she ♡ her
Ship
being dismissive, speaking ill of other friends behind their backs, passive aggressiveness, unwillingness to have open communication

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread