When you are reading a book... (2 Viewers)

maruberry

🌈✨ FREE HUGS ✨🌈
.
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
13,505
Reactions Received
41,701
Location
Estonia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
514
Gender
Non-Binary
Pronouns
He/They
Ship
Wreck
Most characters as the book goes on tend to develop their own voices!

But what I think is weird/unique with me, is that I never imagine faces. I have the body and voice and even the outfit in my mind, but very rarely if ever a face.
 

jasque

Antifragile
.
.
Joined
29 August 2018
Messages
11,564
Reactions Received
42,959
Location
Brasil
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
18,971
Fandom
Chahee Lovers
Gender
Male
Most characters as the book goes on tend to develop their own voices!

But what I think is weird/unique with me, is that I never imagine faces. I have the body and voice and even the outfit in my mind, but very rarely if ever a face.
I can only imagine when there's some adaptation, and only the main roles

And when there's many characters it'd be quite a work to think actors for everyone lol
 

maruberry

🌈✨ FREE HUGS ✨🌈
.
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
13,505
Reactions Received
41,701
Location
Estonia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
514
Gender
Non-Binary
Pronouns
He/They
Ship
Wreck
I can only imagine when there's some adaptation, and only the main roles

And when there's many characters it'd be quite a work to think actors for everyone lol
oooo for me I very rarely watch a movie to go with the book, so I tend to imagine everything myself or if there are pictures use those.
It helps that for a lot of my favourite books the movie adaptations are awful!
 

jasque

Antifragile
.
.
Joined
29 August 2018
Messages
11,564
Reactions Received
42,959
Location
Brasil
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
18,971
Fandom
Chahee Lovers
Gender
Male
oooo for me I very rarely watch a movie to go with the book, so I tend to imagine everything myself or if there are pictures use those.
It helps that for a lot of my favourite books the movie adaptations are awful!
For me it matters more if i like the actors to imagine, it gives a good feel

Its something i do involuntarily though, so if one day I get a bad one it wont be a good thing lol
 
Joined
23 November 2018
Messages
592
Reactions Received
2,029
Location
Buddy Hole
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Pronouns
she/her
Most characters as the book goes on tend to develop their own voices!

But what I think is weird/unique with me, is that I never imagine faces. I have the body and voice and even the outfit in my mind, but very rarely if ever a face.
I'm the absolute opposite, lol.

I have a hard time imagining proper voices unless I'm reading a book that I've already seen a movie of, but I do usually come up with some pretty detailed character designs. Although it really does suck if I don't like the movie actors, since then I'm just pretty much stuck with them for the rest of the book, lol.
 

Emanresu

Tzuyu Fanboy
.
Joined
4 December 2018
Messages
3,200
Reactions Received
11,455
Location
USA
Website
emanresukdrama.wordpress.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
205
Fandom
Once, Sone
Gender
Male
I have never considered this

And to be honest..... I don't know what I do.

I'm trying to think about how I read.

It seems to me I take cues from the context and words, style and character personality to infer how the character might deliver it, so in that sense I differentiate and each has a way of sounding.

But I don't think I actually apply a voice in the sense you would think of it being acted by an actor.
 

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
I barely imagine voices
 
  • Like
Reactions: jasque and Willow
Joined
16 June 2019
Messages
61,590
Reactions Received
105,389
Location
Schweiz 🇨🇭
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
41,010
Fandom
Buddy
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/her 💗💛💙
Ship
Wreck

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread