Which K-Pop song would you send to Eurovision to represent Korea? (5 Viewers)

Joined
26 August 2018
Messages
0
Reactions Received
31,963
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
With Eurovision being more open towards accepting other nations in their contest (and let's face it, if Korea joins, no other country would remotely have a shot at winning) who would you send and what song?

Rules:
Artists shall perform live on stage, accompanied by a recorded backing-track which contains no vocals of any kind or any vocal imitations aiming at replacing or assisting the live/original voice of the Contestant(s).
Allowed to have up to six performers on stage. Performers must be aged 16 or older.

We will neglect the rule about song being unique, cause I wanna know which song is the Eurovision material.
 
Last edited:

JakeyWantsCakey

Stan Treasure!
.
.
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
9,507
Reactions Received
26,077
Location
UK
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
I've given this a lot of thought myself actually but you have to take into account the existing Eurovision rules, the main one being that you're only allowed a maximum of 6 people on stage which would rule out a lot of the larger groups.
 

JakeyWantsCakey

Stan Treasure!
.
.
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
9,507
Reactions Received
26,077
Location
UK
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
So Twice, BTS & SNSD are all ruled out, the GP probably wouldn't want BB representing them as a country in a competition like Eurovision but I suspect that they'd want to choose a relatively senior group with more experience so maybe TVXQ would be a good pick...
 
Joined
26 August 2018
Messages
0
Reactions Received
31,963
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
I've given this a lot of thought myself actually but you have to take into account the existing Eurovision rules, the main one being that you're only allowed a maximum of 6 people on stage which would rule out a lot of the larger groups.
Don't forget that you can't have even a hint of backing vocal on instrumental track. I'm leaning towards MAMAMOO. I mean...



Live vocals? Check.
Stage presence? Check.
Great dancing? Check.
 

JakeyWantsCakey

Stan Treasure!
.
.
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
9,507
Reactions Received
26,077
Location
UK
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Don't forget that you can't have even a hint of backing vocal on instrumental track. I'm leaning towards MAMAMOO. I mean...



Live vocals? Check.
Stage presence? Check.
Great dancing? Check.
But you are allowed live backing vocals, hell there are even people who lip sync to the backing singers 'Singing In The Rain' style!
 

JakeyWantsCakey

Stan Treasure!
.
.
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
9,507
Reactions Received
26,077
Location
UK
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
No idea, I mean not much could beat those dancing Russian grannies...

Maybe Red Velvet. They’re quirky enough for Eurovision, and Graham Norton would love them (ok he’d probably roast them but he roasts everybody)
Graham Norton's commentary is one of the main reasons that I watch the show every year!
 
Joined
21 February 2019
Messages
1,182
Reactions Received
5,706
Location
SMTOWN
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Don't forget that you can't have even a hint of backing vocal on instrumental track. I'm leaning towards MAMAMOO. I mean...



Live vocals? Check.
Stage presence? Check.
Great dancing? Check.
No idea, I mean not much could beat those dancing Russian grannies...

Maybe Red Velvet. They’re quirky enough for Eurovision, and Graham Norton would love them (ok he’d probably roast them but he roasts everybody)
theyre both very good candidates. both can carry through a performance without backing vocals and have good choreographies but stage precense is weak for both groups.
 

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Mamamoo was first that came to my mind since they need to sing live and vocals are quite appreciated in Eurovision. Unless you do sth really crazy that somehow ends up being popular. Song is bit harder, but probably Yes I Am for the fun factor.
 

GoldenBunny

RM's Bonsai Nanny
.
Joined
26 February 2019
Messages
635
Reactions Received
2,191
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Before I got to your Mamamoo suggestion that was my idea too - they're so super dynamic, I think their less cute or girl crush vibe/kinda natural womenly presentation would do well with Europeans and not feed into pre-existing stereotypes about Kpop while still showcasing the best aspects of the industry, and they can siiiiiiiiiiing. :pepeheart:
 

JakeyWantsCakey

Stan Treasure!
.
.
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
9,507
Reactions Received
26,077
Location
UK
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Mamamoo was first that came to my mind since they need to sing live and vocals are quite appreciated in Eurovision. Unless you do sth really crazy that somehow ends up being popular. Song is bit harder, but probably Yes I Am for the fun factor.
You know song wise the first one I thought of was Bboom Bboom but Momoland is just too big of a group and I don't know what any of their vocals are like...
 
Joined
1 March 2019
Messages
6,661
Reactions Received
14,598
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
HoeForUmin
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Graham Norton's commentary is one of the main reasons that I watch the show every year!
He makes Eurovision. Apparently people in other countries stream the UK broadcast purely for his commentary, and they’re right to because its legendary.
 
Joined
1 March 2019
Messages
6,661
Reactions Received
14,598
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
HoeForUmin
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
theyre both very good candidates. both can carry through a performance without backing vocals and have good choreographies but stage precense is weak for both groups.
Yeah for Red Velvet its more their concept that would fit Eurovision.
EXO-CBX could do well.
 

maruberry

🌈✨ FREE HUGS ✨🌈
.
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
13,505
Reactions Received
41,701
Location
Estonia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
514
Gender
Non-Binary
Pronouns
He/They
Ship
Wreck
I think Korea should send somebody very distinctly kpop, so I think Gfriend would be perfect.
They can sing live, they can dance and they have exactly 6 members!

EXO-CBX would also be a great option, Blooming day is a bop!
 
Joined
21 February 2019
Messages
59,606
Reactions Received
93,416
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
187,178
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
MMM are not really a good representation of kpop as a whole.
They are really good at what they do but its not really kpop.
It would be like sending Bol 4, Davinci .

Gfriend, Rv are your gg choices for 6 members and under unless you can unearth fx.
If they had to all could go live with just the group that is why they all sing most of the choruses ect.
They don't because they do not need to stress about it normally.

Really the size limitation hurts the kpop vibe possibilities.
 
Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread