Cover Who covered it better? (1 Viewer)

The version you liked better?

  • Hua Chenyu's dark and powerful rendition

    Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Khalil Fong's lighter rock rendition

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    1

Suzy

Hua Chen Yu's #1 Martian
.
.
Joined
22 November 2018
Messages
7,026
Reactions Received
27,656
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
EXO-L & My
Gender
Female
Ship
I'm super into C-Pop these days (thanks Hua Chenyu) so most of my posts will be C-Pop related. Since most people here don't care about C-Pop I'm not expecting there to be much activity in these threads but if you do click on my threads, please give my recommendations a try.

This thread is a comparison thread of my two favorite C-Pop artists: Hua Chenyu & Khalil Fong. Both of them covered a classic song called "Fake Monk" by Cui Jian and both of them had a very different take on it. They both re-arragned the song/instrumentals themselves.

Here is the original (at least I think it's the original)



Here is Hua Chenyu's powerful cover:



Here is Khalil Fong's lighter version:



Which version do you prefer?

Personally, I like both but Hua Chenyu's version gives me chills. It really shows his artistry and I absolutely love it. But at the same time I feel like I wouldn't just listen to Hua Chenyu's version on the go. It's just so heavy. I could listen to Khalil's version while on my way to school or something though.​
 
  • Like
Reactions: ddeonghwaaa

Suzy

Hua Chen Yu's #1 Martian
.
.
Joined
22 November 2018
Messages
7,026
Reactions Received
27,656
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
EXO-L & My
Gender
Female
Ship
Also, here is the English translation of the song (I can relate to this so much T_T)

I want to go from south to north.
I want to go from white to black.
I want everybody to watch me,
But not know who I am.
If you see me looking a little tired,
Then please pour me a bowl of water.
If you've fallen in love with me,
Then please kiss my mouth.

I have these feet and legs.
I have so many mountains and rivers.
I want all of this everything - but not hate or regret.
If you want to love me, don't worry about regretting it,
Because eventually I always leave everything behind.
I never stay in one place,
And never want anyone to follow me,

I want to go from south to north.
I want to go from white to black.
I want everybody to watch me,
But not know who I am.
I only want to see you blossoming,
But don't want to know about your suffering.
I wish to attain the waters of heaven,
But not your tears.

I have no wish to believe in demons,
And no wish to oppose anybody.
Don't try to figure out who I really am,
And don't try to see through my facade.

La la la la la la la la…

Source

Taking into consideration the lyrics as well, I think Hua Chenyu's version really suited it more.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread