Who was the first artist you got into? (1 Viewer)

Joined
1 March 2019
Messages
6,661
Reactions Received
14,598
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
HoeForUmin
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Blue, back in 2001, but I was 10 so couldn’t buy my own cds.

When I was 13 and got pocket money, it was McFly all the way. Now I’m 28, they’re coming back after 837267283 years and the Galaxy Defender in me has been reawakened.
 
Joined
21 February 2019
Messages
59,585
Reactions Received
93,411
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
186,783
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
Stevie Ray Vaughan when I was a wee tyke, not sure how old but this would have been the early 90s so I was probably somewhere in the 3-7 year old range. I'm pretty sure it was after he'd already passed away (he died in a helicopter crash in Wisconsin in 1990).

Here's my fave SRV song, 'Life By The Drop', which was written by a musician friend of his about their friendship.
SRV is awesome .. just saying :)
 
Joined
19 November 2018
Messages
4,371
Reactions Received
11,118
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
330
Fandom
ReVeluv
Gender
Female
As a person: MINE WAS ALSO GACKT! @blueberries WHY YOU HAVE SO MUCH TASTE :pepecry1:

Gackt was my ult before I even know wtf that was. That man right there. That voice right there. His non-dancing ass right there.
Also, to a lesser degree, Miyavi (a little bit after Gackt).

K-Pop: BoA
American: Beyonce
 

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
As a person: MINE WAS ALSO GACKT! @blueberries WHY YOU HAVE SO MUCH TASTE :pepecry1:

Gackt was my ult before I even know wtf that was. That man right there. That voice right there. His non-dancing ass right there.
Also, to a lesser degree, Miyavi (a little bit after Gackt).

K-Pop: BoA
American: Beyonce
Damn, we had same first ulti :nakypog: :nakypog:

what are the odds :jisoosmh:

And ofc, i know Miyavi too! He even did collab with my current jpop love DAOKO!

43476
 
  • Like
  • Love
Reactions: yeji and AmysTeri
Joined
20 November 2018
Messages
65,862
Reactions Received
77,040
Location
Heaven
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
53,448
This will show my age, well, whatever.

It was maybe as early as 1979 or even as later as 1981, before even knowing of the existence of metal music. It was this bg. I stanned them until 1983. Many lineup changes made me lose interest. It was not until I heard Quiet Riot's "Cum On Feel The Noise" being played on the radio, back in 1983 . That was the last nail on the coffin for them

 

Wingfrost

Answer for SOTY
.
.
Joined
5 November 2018
Messages
23,131
Reactions Received
38,822
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
19,398
Fandom
Answer is Queen
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
Exo

Before k-pop I was never really invested in the artist themselves, I just listened purely for the music.
 

Mew

~Angel of Death~
.
Joined
29 November 2018
Messages
2,249
Reactions Received
4,602
Location
England, London
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
6
Fandom
Shawol
Gender
Female
.... Mine is random well not for me being into Country music and being a Mormon back then.... But back when I was little so 5/6.....shania twain....
Although information was harder to come by in 1994/5...
 
Last edited:
Joined
23 November 2018
Messages
592
Reactions Received
2,029
Location
Buddy Hole
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Pronouns
she/her
...has it really been 18 years already since this was released?? Jesus.

I remember listening the shit out of Backstreet Boys when I was tiny. Then I had a short Celine Dion phase and soon enough found a bunch of jpop and jrock bands. I can also remember An Cafe being the shit back then. Those were the times.

 
  • Like
Reactions: yeji

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread