Why AKB48's Heavy Rotation MV is a masterpiece that deserves no hate (1 Viewer)

maruberry

🌈✨ FREE HUGS ✨🌈
.
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
13,505
Reactions Received
41,701
Location
Estonia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
514
Gender
Non-Binary
Pronouns
He/They
Ship
Wreck
Due to some tiktok or whatever the Heavy Rotation MV has been getting a lot of hate
People seem to be under the impression that the MV depicts a man's fantasy of what a girls sleepover would be like, which could not be further from the truth!

The MV for one, was directed by a woman, Mika Ninagawa, who is a famous director and photographer.

The MV intends to show a peek into the world that can bloom and happen when girls who are close to each other are away from men. A place where they feel safe to be and do whatever they wish to do and show affection towards each other freely. There is nothing sexual about the MV at all, all of it is pure platonic affection.

There are also complains about there being minors in the Music Video, although it should be noted... the minors do not appear in the scenes in lingerie. Jurina for example only appears in some solo shots and in a scene where she is in a bath (aka you can't really see anything inappropriate) If a kid taking a bath together with a friend is sexual to you... well... I think that's on you y'know! Some ppl also don't like the bath water being milky, which is kind of stupid, bcs would they rather the water was clear so you could see what is beneath?

To me this MV signifies freedom.
Girls feeling safe and comfortable and doing what they want to do for themselves and not for men.
Wearing lingerie, not for men, but bcs they can
Being close to eachother, bcs they can
Women's bodies aren't for men and them displaying that body isn't automatically for men
There is nothing inherently sexual about a body

I'd even go as far as to say that the people hating on the music video are suffering from some internalized sexism themselves, because they consider a music video that features girls prominently to automatically be for men. That girls feeling comfortable, is for men.

And sure, you might say, even if that was the intention the director had with the music video, creepy old men will still watch it and enjoy it. That is why the MV is not alright.
But here...
Should we cover girls up from head to toe then just in case a creepy old man finds them attractive? Should girls not be allowed to wear what makes them feel confident and nice, because some creepy old men might like it too?

Anyways, everybody enjoy this beautiful piece of feminist work

 
  • Like
Reactions: mysteric

mysteric

hysteric
.
Joined
26 February 2019
Messages
14,363
Reactions Received
27,574
Location
the moon
Website
newjeans.carrd.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
8,986
Fandom
MeU & MY
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she ✧ her
Ship
I always ready myself whenever I see non 48g fans talk about 48g bcuz you just know someone is going to bring up miichan when even I as a non akb fan knows that it was just her being dramatic

or kpop fans talking about xll's case, and now kxy
if you only know 1% of what's happening it's not too hard to shut up and not go straight into fake outrage mode
 
  • Like
Reactions: maruberry

maruberry

🌈✨ FREE HUGS ✨🌈
.
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
13,505
Reactions Received
41,701
Location
Estonia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
514
Gender
Non-Binary
Pronouns
He/They
Ship
Wreck
I always ready myself whenever I see non 48g fans talk about 48g bcuz you just know someone is going to bring up miichan when even I as a non akb fan knows that it was just her being dramatic

or kpop fans talking about xll's case, and now kxy
if you only know 1% of what's happening it's not too hard to shut up and not go straight into fake outrage mode
NOT to mention, Mii-chan continued on afterwards being one of the most popular members, who is loved by fans and members alike.... is the member who has stayed in the group the longest (and is still in the group, despite having been scheduled to graduate a while ago lmao) has been the captain of Team 4 etc etc

People just love to complain without knowing the full story
 
  • Like
Reactions: mysteric

mysteric

hysteric
.
Joined
26 February 2019
Messages
14,363
Reactions Received
27,574
Location
the moon
Website
newjeans.carrd.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
8,986
Fandom
MeU & MY
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she ✧ her
Ship
NOT to mention, Mii-chan continued on afterwards being one of the most popular members, who is loved by fans and members alike.... is the member who has stayed in the group the longest (and is still in the group, despite having been scheduled to graduate a while ago lmao) has been the captain of Team 4 etc etc

People just love to complain without knowing the full story
and the entire dating ban thing
:yolk: correct me if I'm wrong but didn't sasshi dating basically skyrocket her popularity? there's a lot of nuance involved with scandals depending on the situation, the idol's image, and the idol's fanbase (and why they support said idol)
 
  • Like
Reactions: maruberry

maruberry

🌈✨ FREE HUGS ✨🌈
.
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
13,505
Reactions Received
41,701
Location
Estonia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
514
Gender
Non-Binary
Pronouns
He/They
Ship
Wreck
and the entire dating ban thing
:yolk: correct me if I'm wrong but didn't sasshi dating basically skyrocket her popularity? there's a lot of nuance involved with scandals depending on the situation, the idol's image, and the idol's fanbase (and why they support said idol)
I mean she got hate and moved to HKT (and really did have a tough time for a while, even had a panic attack on stage), but in the end yeah... being moved to HKT did wonders to her career lmao
 
  • Like
Reactions: mysteric
Joined
21 February 2019
Messages
59,585
Reactions Received
93,410
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
186,783
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
I disagree, like I said, I see nothing inherently sexual about the MV
its soft core pedo designed to sell sex. a far cry from like every day.

I have not had a single person i have show it to with out comment from me before hand not find it so.

It sad since the song its self is a happy fun tune basically about first love.

This video and the photo book shoots is what pushed me away from aks and jpop in 2011-2

if its fundamentally NSFW then its not good.
 

maruberry

🌈✨ FREE HUGS ✨🌈
.
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
13,505
Reactions Received
41,701
Location
Estonia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
514
Gender
Non-Binary
Pronouns
He/They
Ship
Wreck
its soft core pedo designed to sell sex. a far cry from like every day.

I have not had a single person i have show it to with out comment from me before hand not find it so.

It sad since the song its self is a happy fun tune basically about first love.

This video and the photo book shoots is what pushed me away from aks and jpop in 2011-2

if its fundamentally NSFW then its not good.
Ig we must have different ideas of NSFW then

Maybe girls being close is sold too much as porn, so that any type of production showcasing that is seen as sexual.
Ig girls shouldn't be allowed to wear whatever tf they want, lest somebody older sees it!
 
Joined
21 February 2019
Messages
59,585
Reactions Received
93,410
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
186,783
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
Ig we must have different ideas of NSFW then

Maybe girls being close is sold too much as porn, so that any type of production showcasing that is seen as sexual.
Ig girls shouldn't be allowed to wear whatever tf they want, lest somebody older sees it!
girls in sexual under ware playing with teddy bears and you do not hear waring bells?

and i guarantee you cannot look and lingerie shoots at work. Especially in todays work place you will not last the day with out at best a HR meeting..
 

maruberry

🌈✨ FREE HUGS ✨🌈
.
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
13,505
Reactions Received
41,701
Location
Estonia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
514
Gender
Non-Binary
Pronouns
He/They
Ship
Wreck
girls in sexual under ware playing with teddy bears and you do not hear waring bells?

and i guarantee you cannot look and lingerie shoots at work. Especially in todays work place you will not last the day with out at best a HR meeting..
And I think that is a problem in our society, I agree that it would probably not be allowed and I hate that this is how society is.

And I disagree that it's sexual underwear, it's pretty underwear. the only reason it's thought about as sexual is bcs there is this way of thinking that girls can only wear underwear like that for men or for others and not for themselves.
That's a problem imo, I look at it and see girls wearing pretty underwear. Girls can wear pretty underwear just because it's pretty.

To put it into more context... when I take a bath with my sister, it's not sexual
When I go to the sauna with friends, family, strangers and we are all naked there together, it's not sexual! it's not sexual when I sit next to my friend naked when we are in the sauna. It's not sexual when we hug right then and there as well.
When I go to the pool and am naked with others in the showers or in the dressing room, it's not sexual

This MV depicts a bunch of girls who are close, feeling comfortable around each other and feel no need to hide because they feel SAFE

I find nothing inherently sexual about pretty underwear and I find it honestly sad and disgusting that they have the reputation of being something sexual.
I find nothing inherently sexual about girls showing affection towards each other. It's not sexual when I kiss my mother on the cheek. It's not sexual when I cuddle with a friend. it's not sexual when they do it.

YES pedos can see it and find it attractive, but similarly to how what you are wearing doesn't matter when it comes to rape, it also doesn't matter what kids wear when it comes to pedos. Taking away something beautiful from women and girls that they can enjoy for themselves is not the solution. Any content that features kids can be watched and leered over by pedos.
 
  • Like
Reactions: RandAlThor
Joined
21 February 2019
Messages
59,585
Reactions Received
93,410
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
186,783
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
And I think that is a problem in our society, I agree that it would probably not be allowed and I hate that this is how society is.

And I disagree that it's sexual underwear, it's pretty underwear. the only reason it's thought about as sexual is bcs there is this way of thinking that girls can only wear underwear like that for men or for others and not for themselves.
That's a problem imo, I look at it and see girls wearing pretty underwear. Girls can wear pretty underwear just because it's pretty.

To put it into more context... when I take a bath with my sister, it's not sexual
When I go to the sauna with friends, family, strangers and we are all naked there together, it's not sexual! it's not sexual when I sit next to my friend naked when we are in the sauna. It's not sexual when we hug right then and there as well.
When I go to the pool and am naked with others in the showers or in the dressing room, it's not sexual

This MV depicts a bunch of girls who are close, feeling comfortable around each other and feel no need to hide because they feel SAFE

I find nothing inherently sexual about pretty underwear and I find it honestly sad and disgusting that they have the reputation of being something sexual.
I find nothing inherently sexual about girls showing affection towards each other. It's not sexual when I kiss my mother on the cheek. It's not sexual when I cuddle with a friend. it's not sexual when they do it.

YES pedos can see it and find it attractive, but similarly to how what you are wearing doesn't matter when it comes to rape, it also doesn't matter what kids wear when it comes to pedos. Taking away something beautiful from women and girls that they can enjoy for themselves is not the solution. Any content that features kids can be watched and leered over by pedos.
Pretty under ware that servers no purpose but as a sex focus.
that it is marketed to children as a self image booster should be a crime.

Again its a long long way from a swim suit even if it shows less skin ect.
 

maruberry

🌈✨ FREE HUGS ✨🌈
.
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
13,505
Reactions Received
41,701
Location
Estonia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
514
Gender
Non-Binary
Pronouns
He/They
Ship
Wreck
Pretty under ware that servers no purpose but as a sex focus.
that it is marketed to children as a self image booster should be a crime.

Again its a long long way from a swim suit even if it shows less skin ect.
What purpose do pretty clothes serve other than to find a good partner for sex?
What purpose does making yourself look pretty serve other than for sex?

See what you sound like? It serves the purpose of being pretty. A woman can be pretty not for sex. A girl can be pretty and not for sex. Fuck I can wear lingerie right fucking now and it wouldn't be for sex, but because I want to wear it bcs it's fucking pretty. IT'S PURPOSE IS BEING PRETTY! Like a pretty ring, or a pretty skirt or a pretty fucking knick-knack that just stays on your shelf. It's purpose is being pretty and I and any other girl can wear it just to be and feel pretty.

And I HATE how society makes it so a girl can't be pretty just for themselves and bcs they like it and it HAS to be for somebody else.
 
  • Like
Reactions: RandAlThor
Joined
21 February 2019
Messages
59,585
Reactions Received
93,410
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
186,783
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
What purpose do pretty clothes serve other than to find a good partner for sex?
What purpose does making yourself look pretty serve other than for sex?

See what you sound like? It serves the purpose of being pretty. A woman can be pretty not for sex. A girl can be pretty and not for sex. Fuck I can wear lingerie right fucking now and it wouldn't be for sex, but because I want to wear it bcs it's fucking pretty. IT'S PURPOSE IS BEING PRETTY! Like a pretty ring, or a pretty skirt or a pretty fucking knick-knack that just stays on your shelf. It's purpose is being pretty and I and any other girl can wear it just to be and feel pretty.

And I HATE how society makes it so a girl can't be pretty just for themselves and bcs they like it and it HAS to be for somebody else.
Its a brite line they crossed. and you have drunk the kool aid.

you can look good for yourself but that this is what looks good has been feed to all.
Teaching kids that stuff only they see should look 'pretty ' and define their self image is a con.
 

maruberry

🌈✨ FREE HUGS ✨🌈
.
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
13,505
Reactions Received
41,701
Location
Estonia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
514
Gender
Non-Binary
Pronouns
He/They
Ship
Wreck
Its a brite line they crossed. and you have drunk the kool aid.

you can look good for yourself but that this is what looks good has been feed to all.
Teaching kids that stuff only they see should look 'pretty ' and define their self image is a con.
That is a whole another fish, how society dictates what is and isn't pretty, but if a girl wants to wear lingerie to feel pretty she can do that. If she wants to go full Loona Lovegood and wear parsnips for earrings than she can and if she wants to wear mini skirts and high heels then she can. She might want to wear long sleeves and flats and that's alright too. A girl can wear whatever tf she wants for herself bcs it makes her feel pretty, INCLUDING lingerie!

That is a WHOLE another fish, that is not the fault of this Music video and I personally think that revealing things can be just as pretty and be allowed to be just as pretty. Like I said, imo there is nothing inherently sexual about being naked or showing skin. So there is nothing inherently sexual about revealing clothes, so why tf wouldn't it be alright for those to be considered pretty?
 
  • Like
Reactions: RandAlThor
Joined
21 February 2019
Messages
59,585
Reactions Received
93,410
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
186,783
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
That is a whole another fish, how society dictates what is and isn't pretty, but if a girl wants to wear lingerie to feel pretty she can do that. If she wants to go full Loona Lovegood and wear parsnips for earrings than she can and if she wants to wear mini skirts and high heels then she can. She might want to wear long sleeves and flats and that's alright too. A girl can wear whatever tf she wants for herself bcs it makes her feel pretty, INCLUDING lingerie!

That is a WHOLE another fish, that is not the fault of this Music video and I personally think that revealing things can be just as pretty and be allowed to be just as pretty. Like I said, imo there is nothing inherently sexual about being naked or showing skin. So there is nothing inherently sexual about revealing clothes, so why tf wouldn't it be alright for those to be considered pretty?
it is what it is.

you cannot separate them out, if you use a swastika in its original context and not a 'germen' one in your video you are going to fry.

you have young girls/ladies run by older men for a market that is predominantly older men in an environment where they likely had little choice.

All of that is problematic.
 

maruberry

🌈✨ FREE HUGS ✨🌈
.
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
13,505
Reactions Received
41,701
Location
Estonia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
514
Gender
Non-Binary
Pronouns
He/They
Ship
Wreck
it is what it is.

you cannot separate them out, if you use a swastika in its original context and not a 'germen' one in your video you are going to fry.
And I do agree that we shouldn't let bad things take stuff from us. If I didn't know that using the swastika wouldn't make ppl think I'm a nazi I WOULD be willing to use it. It's the same as the only reason I wouldn't post nudes is bcs I know that it would damage my future employment prospects etc.

I think we shouldn't let evil ppl take things from us.
I think we shouldn't let evil ppl ruin the things we have.
 
  • Like
Reactions: RandAlThor
Joined
21 February 2019
Messages
59,585
Reactions Received
93,410
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
186,783
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
And I do agree that we shouldn't let bad things take stuff from us. If I didn't know that using the swastika wouldn't make ppl think I'm a nazi I WOULD be willing to use it. It's the same as the only reason I wouldn't post nudes is bcs I know that it would damage my future employment prospects etc.

I think we shouldn't let evil ppl take things from us.
I think we shouldn't let evil ppl ruin the things we have.
That ship has sailed

look at our lives
we all all locked up in our house.
travel is like going to visit a prison.
Groups want to dictate what you can own, say, think.

They blame anything but themselves or the people who do the bad things.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread