Why do kpoppies these days stan so many groups? (1 Viewer)

Joined
6 September 2018
Messages
1,873
Reactions Received
6,954
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
There's a lot of groups/soloists who's music I like and will check out when they release new music. But there's only a small handful of groups who's albums I will buy and keep tabs on their activities such as music show performances, variety show appearances and SNS.
Yeah same except I buy albums/merch every now and then from the groups i like because i still want to support them in some way besides a YouTube view.

For the groups I stan I'm more devoted in the fandom and basically become an atm lol
 
  • Like
Reactions: SeulPika

lexus

Otaku Bestie
.
.
.
.
Joined
12 September 2018
Messages
66,873
Reactions Received
97,852
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134,940
Fandom
Number One
Gender
Female
Wreck
That doesnt really explain why tbh. It explains what you like about the 3 billion groups you stan but not why.
Well, I guess the reason why is because I like a variety of different concepts, sounds, etc.
I don’t really know how to explain it.
 

mirella

✧✦ soloist akgae ✦✧
.
Joined
9 November 2018
Messages
1,859
Reactions Received
13,182
Location
Pacifika
Website
www.last.fm
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
EXO-L?
Gender
Female
Ship
Wreck
I can only speak for myself, but as time goes on, my favorite groups become inactive. For example, Brown Eyed Girls hasn't had a comeback since 2015, same with f(x). Block B and B.A.P are not active currently.

I still stan them, but I have time to pick up other groups.

Actually, I might pick up another group. Everyone is inactive.

Anyway, you have to realize that people have different definitions of stan.
 
  • Like
Reactions: yeji and SaviorITZY
Joined
6 September 2018
Messages
1,873
Reactions Received
6,954
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
The industry is so oversaturated now it only makes sense to Stan more groups.

It's harder to find stans that devote the time and money to dote on their faves like old gen stans used to. I really don't feel like I need to put in so much work to stan groups anymore. "Stan" is kinda meaningless now
2014: I had my solid 2.5 groups
Rn: :pepeslippy:
Its 2019 and I still have my 2.5 groups 😂

I can relate to that part where it's hard to find single stans. Imagine you're on twt and you're trying to find some moots that keeps up with your bias/bias group. You come across some to see that they also post about 2083 other groups and 98% you could give a damn about!
 
Joined
6 September 2018
Messages
1,873
Reactions Received
6,954
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
I can only speak for myself, but as time goes on, my favorite groups become inactive. For example, Brown Eyed Girls hasn't had a comeback since 2015, same with f(x). Block B is not active currently.

I still stan them, but I have time to pick up other groups.

Anyway, you have to realize that people have different definitions of stan.
Yeah I can totally see your POV from this! I only cared about one boy group (Wanna One) but since they disbanded I have to find something to fill the void (in this case TXT).
 
  • Like
  • Love
Reactions: yeji and mirella

perhapz

ab imo pectore
.
.
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
6,070
Reactions Received
31,387
Location
🏰 & 🍀
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
For me, stan means that I really like that group, follow the group/members news, listen and like to a lot of their songs, etc, and not necessarily buy their stuff. I stan some groups, but I don't have stuff from all of them (it's hard to buy stuff where I live, everything is expensive, even buying online), for example.
With so many groups out there, I see no problem stanning a lot of groups, if you have time to do so.

But yeah, if you come and say "I stan X group", but you don't even know its members, all their songs or don't follow them actively, I think you're overusing the term.
 
Joined
21 February 2019
Messages
59,700
Reactions Received
93,505
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
189,153
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
I have what 8 9 ( i cant count) listed
SNSD - easier because they are still doing stuff but dramas ect i never care or watch. so just a tiny amount of music or variety. I spend far mor time on old snsd content each month then new.
Fx - even easier than snsd.
Rv - has been super easy expensive but ez. this last year. now up to 8 concerts seen.
Apink - 1-2 cb a year and concert dvd's real chill.
gfriend - 2-3 cb's and the odd concert dvd/blue ray
IZ*ONE - they are sucking up crazy amounts of time. are are really close to top tier time wise if i go to a concert they will be top 3. but its kinda stealth/distorted since they are temp.
Lovelyz - chill 2-3 cb's
Bol 4 - really not a bunch of content ot have to worry about aside form the albums.
Gugudan is my newest listed and they are pretty easy and the most iffy of a stan.

since i do not have a cell phone(by choice) i really do not follow much on social media so that makes it easier too.
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: yeji and SaviorITZY
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
2,548
Reactions Received
9,068
Location
under these bitches skin
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
tbh I get a lot of my knowledge from the groups that i stan on sites like twitter and ig. im rlly active on stan twitter and all the groups that i follow have fandoms that are pretty active on twitter, all I need to do is follow some big fan accounts and update accounts and its way easier for me to follow these groups. its how I got into loona so quickly, I had already been exposed to them because of orbits twitter presence all I needed to do was just take the extra step into getting to know them.
there are a lot more kpop groups now then there were a few years ago, there are more groups that people like so that's probably why multis stan like a million groups today.
 
  • Like
Reactions: yeji

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
I always loved alot of groups ( and soloists; everyone who knows me knows that I am more into KHH). With more groups debuting, there are more things to look forward to.
Reasons why I have these groups as ults:
SHINee: My first bg and first kpop group. I will always care and love these 5 boys. I am attached to them since 2010.
Red Velvet: I loved these girls since happiness era. Dumb Dumb is what made them my ult gg. I am just always excited to see something with them and they have been the gg that is my ult the longest ( 2ne1 was mine for years, shit happend and I refocused on APINK; than dumb dumb happened and I started to loose interest with APINK when 5 was released)
DREAMCATCHER: My rock princesses. They are really close to what I usually enjoy outside of KHH and KPOP. When I got into them I really fell hard for them and bought all their releases on Itunes asap.
WJSN: It hasn't been that long with them as my ult but the music got me way to good. I literally have been listening to them almost daily.
MAMAMOO and GFRIEND: Both groups are groups I always was debating with myself to add to my ults.I just love the music and the members. I honestly need to add a group when I defend them like I did with GFRIEND before I added them to my ults.
LOONA : It's crazy. It is pretty similar here to Dreamcatcher. I got obsessed with them when I checked them out, bought everything, and watched LOONA TV asap. It felt odd to not add these lovely girls.
fromis_9: I am in deep with them. Many may think that Gyuri is my bias but I don't have a bias in my ult groups. Idk what it is about fromis but they also got me obsessed as a whole group and I defently listen to them alot.
iKON: I promissed myself to never get as involved with another YG group after all the shit with 2NE1 but these boys just got to me on another level. I have been with the majority of the boys since WIN; I saw them grow up and saw all the bs that YG put them thorugh. But damn when Bling Bling and BDAy were released I forgot everything. Like I really didn't know what is going on with me. I seriously wacthed their Weekly Idol during that era 3 times after each other. I never thought that a bg could come close to SHINee for me but my ikonic sons did that.

now I am getting emotional
 
Joined
24 February 2019
Messages
8,028
Reactions Received
19,590
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Ship
I am into Kpop since 2011 and I am very curious so I ended up stanning six groups but I know that at least one of my group is not not going to last very long now and to be totally honest, I have a hierarchy between them. I really hardcore stan two groups.
 
  • Like
Reactions: yeji

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread