Why do people automatically assume diversity is good? (1 Viewer)

Joined
5 January 2021
Messages
474
Reactions Received
247
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
122
In the theoretical sense diversity seems good, but applying it in practice, whether for societies or lifestyles doesn’t necessarily make it ‘better’ for everyone in general. It should be coupled with quality in mind. Just imagine how much diversity of men there are but you still prefer the similar type which is a small percentage among the multitude.
 

litc

❤️NCT Wish❤️
.
.
Joined
2 October 2021
Messages
21,800
Reactions Received
50,582
Location
Listening to Hakmin's angelic voice in Paradise
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
18,454
Fandom
Multi
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Troublemaker
Ship
Wreck
I don't know what you mean but trying to have ratios and make underrepresented groups make a bigger proportion in things, means that for the group that they are trying to cut down on, the requirements/standards are for getting in are higher, space doesn't come from nowhere, and the system is no longer merit based, if you're good enough as they say you have to be, you still aren't.

More specifically, I am talking about colleges in America. For certain colleges (the high ranked ones actually) as they already have a high Asian population, it is harder for Asians to get in then everyone else, they have to be above the requirements for everyone. I'm saying this as it personally affects me as I'm Asian and have to put it on all legal documents. I've gotten in my top school so I have no worries about this rn, but it's a fact

Let's say you have to be 85th percentile to get in, you would have to be 92nd percentile to get in if you're Asian, let's say you have to get a certain score on college exams to get into a school, no you have to get EVEN higher
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread