Why Do People Mention Bom A Lot When Hyolyn Suffered The Same Decline? (5 Viewers)

Darkyoda47

♡ Jessica's Slave ♡
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
10,716
Reactions Received
52,564
Location
Buddy Hole
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
279
Fandom
Golden Star
Gender
Male
Ship


-
Avoids the high notes, voice cracks, can't sustain high notes. Hyolyn suffered the same vocal decline Bom did, except toned down. A lot of people use to praise Hyolyn calling her the "Korean Beyonce" but what nobody realized was, the girl's been straining since day 1. She was never taught to sing properly. Observe; (0:24 time stamp)


-
Sounds amazing, right? Truth is, she was straining throughout the whole song. You can hear the desperation not to crack throughout the whole performance. Actually, at the end you can see she's not able to keep up the high parts.
-
Well anyway, the macro point of this thread is that, none of our main vocal favs (Jihyo, Rose) are safe :pandarolleyes::pandarolleyes::pandarolleyes:​
 

Mangoey

⤔ ғ ʟ ᴀ ᴍ ᴀ ɴ ɢ ᴏ ⬹
Joined
2 September 2018
Messages
8,269
Reactions Received
26,625
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Ship
I'm not super familiar with how popular 2nd gen ggs were, so I might be wrong. But, I think it's because 2ne1 was bigger than Sistar was + people liked to hate on them more. More people probably wanted to jump on a Bom hate train than they did a Hyolyn one.
 

Darkyoda47

♡ Jessica's Slave ♡
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
10,716
Reactions Received
52,564
Location
Buddy Hole
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
279
Fandom
Golden Star
Gender
Male
Ship
I had no idea Bom had the "vocal-declnining" aura though. To me she is a really good vocalist.
Oh honey, girl's voice is a mess. Good recording artist though. Shouldn't really sing live.
 

Darkyoda47

♡ Jessica's Slave ♡
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
10,716
Reactions Received
52,564
Location
Buddy Hole
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
279
Fandom
Golden Star
Gender
Male
Ship
I'm not super familiar with how popular 2nd gen ggs were, so I might be wrong. But, I think it's because 2ne1 was bigger than Sistar was + people liked to hate on them more. More people probably wanted to jump on a Bom hate train than they did a Hyolyn one.
Nah SISTAR were definitely as big as 2NE1. They probably had more hits than 2NE1 too. I don't get why her decline isn't highlighted though. I mean Bom's "bad vocal" name rose like towards the end of their lifespan. Something like 2014? I will say though, Hyolyn's decline is way more visible now because she's solo. It was masked since she had Soyu around. Bom didn't really have anyone else.
 

Darkyoda47

♡ Jessica's Slave ♡
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
10,716
Reactions Received
52,564
Location
Buddy Hole
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
279
Fandom
Golden Star
Gender
Male
Ship
I'm pretty satisfied with what I saw during Spring promotions. I mean, most of it was quite live.
Yeah I will say she's improved quite a bit since leaving YG, though the strain is still real and still dangerous.
 

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
I wouldn't really know, I go with tone and how things sound to me when I judge vocals and I haven't liked Hyorin's tone and vocals when I like Bom's ^^; It is bit interesting though based on how much people have put Hyorin to same line with Ailee and not just fans, but they collab all the time. I don't think Hyorin is that bad though, she's able to vocally go there, play with her voice a bit and has her own style of singing too. But maybe she's not as good as people made her, technically especially.
 

Darkyoda47

♡ Jessica's Slave ♡
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
10,716
Reactions Received
52,564
Location
Buddy Hole
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
279
Fandom
Golden Star
Gender
Male
Ship
I wouldn't really know, I go with tone and how things sound to me when I judge vocals and I haven't liked Hyorin's tone and vocals when I like Bom's ^^; It is bit interesting though based on how much people have put Hyorin to same line with Ailee and not just fans, but they collab all the time. I don't think Hyorin is that bad though, she's able to vocally go there, play with her voice a bit and has her own style of singing too. But maybe she's not as good as people made her, technically especially.
She's not. She's pretty overrated. Her management did a good job promoting her with that "vocal diva" image though. They gave her BIG songs to sing on reality shows, most of the time out of her range, made sure all of SISTAR's titles had those killer high notes and media played the fuck out of her so called "vocal competition" with Ailee.

Perfect marketing tbh.
 
Joined
10 November 2018
Messages
221
Reactions Received
1,275
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Frst of all, LOVE them both. I personally think it's a combination of things but mostly Bom's voice is SOOO noticeable and when her voice is rough you can really tell because it's just super noticeable. That's the only way to put it for me.

Secondly, I also think Hyo now is a better singer than Bom in her prime so that's another reason less people talk about it. Bom sometimes can't even stay on the note, whereas Hyo sounds great to me, she just strains in some places she didn't used to.

I would still put Hyo up against any vocalist and 8/10 times I think she'll sound better. Bom, on the other hand.....I love her so much.
 

Darkyoda47

♡ Jessica's Slave ♡
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
10,716
Reactions Received
52,564
Location
Buddy Hole
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
279
Fandom
Golden Star
Gender
Male
Ship
Frst of all, LOVE them both. I personally think it's a combination of things but mostly Bom's voice is SOOO noticeable and when her voice is rough you can really tell because it's just super noticeable. That's the only way to put it for me.

Secondly, I also think Hyo now is a better singer than Bom in her prime so that's another reason less people talk about it. Bom sometimes can't even stay on the note, whereas Hyo sounds great to me, she just strains in some places she didn't used to.

I would still put Hyo up against any vocalist and 8/10 times I think she'll sound better. Bom, on the other hand.....I love her so much.
Hmm good point
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread