Why does diversity often get defaulted to just LGBT and Black people? (1 Viewer)

Joined
5 January 2021
Messages
474
Reactions Received
247
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
122
Have you noticed this? Anytime something is caused to be more diverse, they either include some LGBT representation (usually just gay men or M-to-F transwomen) or Black people.
Doesn’t it defeat the purpose of diversity when the options for inclusion aren’t diverse at all? There’s many more identities and people of different backgrounds that aren’t represented.
 
Joined
6 March 2019
Messages
2,786
Reactions Received
3,813
Location
Italia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
3,970
Gender
Female
I am guessing because of America's history regards black people. I honestly find it hard to care about representation and that sort of things. There were barely any conventionally beautiful characters with dark hair and dark eyes in children's programs and I never questioned why none look like me. As an adult I find it even more strange that people put so much emphasis on it so, yea that doesn't bother.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread