COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

Why does diversity often get defaulted to just LGBT and Black people? (1 Viewer)

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Have you noticed this? Anytime something is caused to be more diverse, they either include some LGBT representation (usually just gay men or M-to-F transwomen) or Black people.
Doesn’t it defeat the purpose of diversity when the options for inclusion aren’t diverse at all? There’s many more identities and people of different backgrounds that aren’t represented.

euphoria

Thunder ⚡️
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Stingray
Pronouns
She/her
Ship
Wreck
They don't even include all LGBT people either. Asexuals and non-binary individuals (from personal experiences) are often erased from the conversation

Reactions Received
KS Coins
I am guessing because of America's history regards black people. I honestly find it hard to care about representation and that sort of things. There were barely any conventionally beautiful characters with dark hair and dark eyes in children's programs and I never questioned why none look like me. As an adult I find it even more strange that people put so much emphasis on it so, yea that doesn't bother.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread