why does lip syncing matter (1 Viewer)

Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
16,036
Reactions Received
44,289
Location
the female gaze
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
124
Fandom
luoshifemy
Gender
Female
Pronouns
luo/yunxi
Ship
the song is still there, sounds better, and you get to see a better dance. So doesn't lip-syncing = better performance which then = more entertainment? people care about the weirdest things
 
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
16,036
Reactions Received
44,289
Location
the female gaze
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
124
Fandom
luoshifemy
Gender
Female
Pronouns
luo/yunxi
Ship
It depends on whether you prefer dancing over vocals, I suppose...
but the vocals are still there, they still technically are singing it and it sounds better!
 

JakeyWantsCakey

Stan Treasure!
.
.
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
9,507
Reactions Received
26,077
Location
UK
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
but the vocals are still there, they still technically are singing it and it sounds better!
IDK... I kinda wish idols would sing live more, I just like hearing their natural voices plus the backing track is only better if your fave can't sing :welp:
 

JakeyWantsCakey

Stan Treasure!
.
.
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
9,507
Reactions Received
26,077
Location
UK
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
A group showcases more talent for me with an imperfect but good vocal performance than with lip-singing. I don’t mind during music shows performances but when I pay for a concert, I want to hear the artists’ voices.
I agree with this although sometimes when I watch second gen music show performances, I wish the newer generation would sing live too...
 

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
I don't want perfect recording vocals when I'm watching live performance. I want to hear emotion and passion of that moment, i want to hear breaths, voice cracks, them going all in with some parts. I want to hear sth that is unique to that moment not sth I have already listened on spotify on repeat. If you are not singing live there is no point watching, that's my take on it.
 
Joined
24 February 2019
Messages
8,028
Reactions Received
19,590
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Ship
I agree with this although sometimes when I watch second gen music show performances, I wish the newer generation would sing live too...
I agree some groups are still singing live more than some others but lip sincing often is the new trend since at least 2016.
 
Joined
30 March 2019
Messages
5,067
Reactions Received
15,900
Location
𝚂𝚞𝚐𝚊'𝚜 𝚁𝚊𝚙𝚜 🤍
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
Squoosh ♡
Gender
Non-Binary
Pronouns
they / them
Ship
Wreck
I guess people think it's 'being lazy' or 'faking'.
 
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
16,036
Reactions Received
44,289
Location
the female gaze
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
124
Fandom
luoshifemy
Gender
Female
Pronouns
luo/yunxi
Ship
IDK... I kinda wish idols would sing live more, I just like hearing their natural voices plus the backing track is only better if your fave can't sing :welp:
A group showcases more talent for me with an imperfect but good vocal performance than with lip-singing. I don’t mind during music shows performances but when I pay for a concert, I want to hear the artists’ voices.
I prefer struggling vocals over pretending you can sing.
I agree with this although sometimes when I watch second gen music show performances, I wish the newer generation would sing live too...
I don't want perfect recording vocals when I'm watching live performance. I want to hear emotion and passion of that moment, i want to hear breaths, voice cracks, them going all in with some parts. I want to hear sth that is unique to that moment not sth I have already listened on spotify on repeat. If you are not singing live there is no point watching, that's my take on it.
I agree some groups are still singing live more than some others but lip sincing often is the new trend since at least 2016.
tsk tsk everyone is so picky
 

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
tsk tsk everyone is so picky
I guess it comes down to preferences. Dance is always sth extra for me, not necessary for good performance nor sth to sacrifice vocals for. I like when groups figure out ways to do both though like one of members who will sing some high notes stopping and focusing on vocals while others keep doing choreo.
 
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
16,036
Reactions Received
44,289
Location
the female gaze
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
124
Fandom
luoshifemy
Gender
Female
Pronouns
luo/yunxi
Ship

eclipsoul

that one friend that's too woke
.
.
Joined
14 October 2019
Messages
25,595
Reactions Received
43,660
Location
too embarassed to show that country here
Website
infiniteorbit.carrd.co
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
40,408
Fandom
Orbit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
it depends on the situation. if it's smth like a music show, then i don't care that much. but if it's a concert which i pay for, the least they can do is try to sing live, even though their vocals may be flawed because it's not like lipsyncing is gonna make them improve. to me, there is no point of going to a performance only to hear the same version of the song you can listen for free on some streaming platform. it sounds better technically, but it takes away the emotions and the experience is not as interesting imo. i guess it's also up to each person's preference. some people care about choreography or visuals while to me these two don't matter at all and i just want to hear them sing.
 

jasque

Antifragile
.
.
Joined
29 August 2018
Messages
11,564
Reactions Received
42,959
Location
Brasil
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
18,971
Fandom
Chahee Lovers
Gender
Male
It's dumb to complain about that in music shows.

If it's a tour, ok they have a point but stil...

It's not like kpop is some erudite complex genre or some thing
 
Joined
21 November 2018
Messages
5,047
Reactions Received
18,455
Location
ARMY Base 💕
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
8
Ship
I love live singing even when it sucks
tbh my friends dont understand why I always like watching live performances (but if I love a song I always try to find a live idk why I just love it lol)
and on concert its a must, I payed for that, I wanna hear their real voice
 

dnb

Supporting Table Unnie
.
Joined
28 May 2019
Messages
8,716
Reactions Received
8,198
Location
USA
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
22,135
Fandom
Reveluv, Sone
but if it's a concert which i pay for, the least they can do is try to sing live, even though their vocals may be flawed because it's not like lipsyncing is gonna make them improve. to me, there is no point of going to a performance only to hear the same version of the song you can listen for free on some streaming platform. it sounds better technically, but it takes away the emotions and the experience is not as interesting imo.
Well said!

If a group is capable of singing, I'd rather hear a live, flawed performance than a lipsynced one. Good live vocals have additional energy that makes them more memorable. I sometimes prefer recordings of live performances of songs over their equivalent studio versions, though you don't see much of these in Kpop.

i guess it's also up to each person's preference. some people care about choreography or visuals while to me these two don't matter at all and i just want to hear them sing.
Yes. Some of my favorite Kpop performances have been ones where the group stopped dancing, just stood there and sang live.
 

dnb

Supporting Table Unnie
.
Joined
28 May 2019
Messages
8,716
Reactions Received
8,198
Location
USA
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
22,135
Fandom
Reveluv, Sone
tbh my friends dont understand why I always like watching live performances (but if I love a song I always try to find a live idk why I just love it lol)
I know what you mean. A good live performance has a certain emotional edginess to it.
 
Joined
4 November 2019
Messages
345
Reactions Received
924
Location
The diamond life
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
It depends on whether you prefer dancing over vocals, I suppose...
I think when it comes to western music, when seeing a band it's would be more important for then to not lip sync because most of the time they don't actually have any choreography. So if they lip sync people would be paying money to see them live for no reason but since music in the eastern part of world has a lot more choreography I don't think it wouldn't matter as much since they are still seeing some sort of performance live.
(I'm hoping that made sense)
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread