Why Have We Become More Obsessed With Place Rather Than Music, Today? (1 Viewer)

VillageIdiot

It's Time To Break Free Of The Blues
.
.
Joined
8 November 2018
Messages
19,193
Reactions Received
60,789
Location
Tokki Topia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
19,207
Fandom
Toxic
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her/Drama Kween
Ship
Because having good music just isn't enough anymore
Your faves have to have the best vocals, dance, variety, sales, visuals, concert attendence or they aren't worth Stanning.

I felt this way when Holiday underperformed. It made me feel like SNSD lost their place as legends.

Gfriend is one of those groups where I'm completely satisfied by the music and the girls. At the end of the day, they're getting paid, I don't care how they chart. You've been a Buddy since before they're first national hit, so I understand why it's different
 

Darkyoda47

♡ Jessica's Slave ♡
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
10,716
Reactions Received
52,564
Location
Buddy Hole
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
279
Fandom
Golden Star
Gender
Male
Ship
Because having good music just isn't enough anymore
Your faves have to have the best vocals, dance, variety, sales, visuals, concert attendence or they aren't worth Stanning.

I felt this way when Holiday underperformed. It made me feel like SNSD lost their place as legends.

Gfriend is one of those groups where I'm completely satisfied by the music and the girls. At the end of the day, they're getting paid, I don't care how they chart. You've been a Buddy since before they're first national hit, so I understand why it's different
You always get me :maheart:
 

VillageIdiot

It's Time To Break Free Of The Blues
.
.
Joined
8 November 2018
Messages
19,193
Reactions Received
60,789
Location
Tokki Topia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
19,207
Fandom
Toxic
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her/Drama Kween
Ship

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Pop in general is quite sales/chart based I guess or more like popularity based and sales/chart/achievements show the popularity so I kinda get it. But it does get too much, many songs are quality even if they didn't get number one and in general people are too quick to say group is declining and such, although one comeback might not do that one it doesn't mean next won't.

And I think some groups are just fine or should be just fine with what they got already even if they aren't "top group" or have number ones or daesangs. Like many of them are comfortable anyways with fandom, sales and popularity they have and nth wrong with that.
 

lexus

Otaku Bestie
.
.
.
.
Joined
12 September 2018
Messages
66,873
Reactions Received
97,852
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134,940
Fandom
Number One
Gender
Female
Wreck
I feel like there's a few reasons for this.

1) Fans want to have bragging rights. They want to continuously shove their faves achievements in other fandoms faces. I've witnessed this a lot with Armys, Blinks, Onces, etc. It just gives people this mentality that their faves are "better" than everyone else's.
2) Bandwagon fans will want to join the hype train and then hop off of it when a group starts declining in sales, charts, etc. Or they might just stan people for their looks....
3) Some people just don't care about music quality anymore. They care more about their faves getting all of these music show wins, how high their faves are charting, etc. (This one kind of ties in with the first point I made)

Honestly, I'm now getting to where I don't care about music show wins. I mean of course I still like it when my faves get an award, especially if it's their first win, but I'm not going to be totally upset if they don't chart well or win as many awards as possible. I care about how good the music is. I could care less about sales and charting numbers. That's why I'm getting to where I'm wanting to unstan a few groups. It's solely because I'm liking their music less and less despite how well they may be charting....

But anyways, hopefully this all makes sense.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread