why I think fictional characters are not so fictional (1 Viewer)

Joined
24 February 2019
Messages
5,718
Reactions Received
22,690
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Ship
I used to watch tons of anime, read a lot of manga and even more books, watched so many movies back in the day too..... and especially when it comes to anime, there were always people saying things like "it's just cartoons, it's for kids, it's just fictional characters and nonsense fantasy stories" but honestly that's a bit ignorant to say.. for example, Naruto (probably the anime that meant the most to me) may be an anime and a shonen anime at that, but despite its many flaws, it's an anime that has kept me alive for several years that were unbelievably difficult for me. Suddenly, for the very first time, my feelings were understood....... the demon fox kid wrapped up in a cruel loneliness wihout knowing why made me feel like i'm not alone, the numb and infinitely sad puppet master Sasori of the red sand woke me up from a deep slumber of nothingness by making me relate to him.. the genius of hard work Rock Lee made me want to try even if i know i can't ever be as good as others just like the hero with a broken smile Kakashi inspired me to be strong for others even if they will never recognize it.. and all of these characters' names and stories may be made up but they are all fragments of a real human being's mind and heart.. in that sense, they are real enough, right?.. (ofc you shouldn't completely move into a fantasy world and reject any living human duh.......) but a little bit of escapism never hurt anybody hehe ;) so..

who is the fictional character who has a special place in your heart and why? I am curious :)

 
Joined
5 November 2018
Messages
5,078
Reactions Received
14,232
Location
CL's cherry tree
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
GZB
Gender
Female
Ship
It's awesome how much animes can help someone wow
but a little bit of escapism never hurt anybody hehe ;)
AGREE
and all of these characters' names and stories may be made up but they are all fragments of a real human being's mind and heart.. in that sense, they are real enough, right?
That's what I'd like to think as well. Maybe they are real just like us but in another universe? o.o (Erae and her crazy theories again lol)

As for which anime character has a special place in my heart it's Vermouth from detective Conan. Because she is my anime waifu >.< Like, she is my ideal type of a woman - strong and independent.
 
Joined
24 February 2019
Messages
5,718
Reactions Received
22,690
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Ship
It's awesome how much animes can help someone wow

AGREE

That's what I'd like to think as well. Maybe they are real just like us but in another universe? o.o (Erae and her crazy theories again lol)

As for which anime character has a special place in my heart it's Vermouth from detective Conan. Because she is my anime waifu >.< Like, she is my ideal type of a woman - strong and independent.
i hope when i die i go to the anime universe....... pls kami sama......:sanapray:

and i watched that anime but i don't remember her woops.. guess it was too long ago lol

and yes anime can be such a life saver for real, people are so wrong about it sometimes
 

jasque

Antifragile
.
.
Joined
29 August 2018
Messages
11,564
Reactions Received
42,959
Location
Brasil
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
18,971
Fandom
Chahee Lovers
Gender
Male
Fictional characters sometimes reach the transcendental.

In fiction is the only place I can see the bad and good side of people and identify even with some very crazy characters, and nobody can say anything.

What I like the most is the feeling of catharsis, which is when all the emotions overflow in one big blow.

Like this(spoiler ofc):

 
Last edited:

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
There are fictional characters that I just adore and there are also ones that feel like me.

For example PLL‘s Aria is so like me. It‘s insane cause people around me have said that ( all my friends watched PLL too and even my mother said that too lol).

One example for a character that I just adore would be Chris from SKINS. He is just so fun, nice and always tried to do his best.

Another funny thing my mom was talking to me about a series she loves and she mentioned that one of the characters reminded her of me there too. I did watch the show later too and it is quite insane.
 
Joined
21 February 2019
Messages
59,623
Reactions Received
93,446
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
187,546
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
Lol ill bet its hard to guess :) actually way too many to list.
but a few.
Aragorn
Frodo Baggins
Sam Gamgee
Thorby balsim
Johnie Rico
lt col dubois
Rand Al Thor
Jack Ryan
Andrew Wiggin
Peter Pevensie
many fro the sports stories i devoured as a youth.

There are 100's each now a part of me and i of them.
 
Joined
21 November 2018
Messages
5,047
Reactions Received
18,455
Location
ARMY Base 💕
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
8
Ship
Uchiha Itachi - his story broke my heart, I just love this guy so much
Percy Jackson - loved the books, he is such a sassy and funny character
Grubbs Grady - he is a book character from my first favorite book series which means a lot for me, even though he is far from perfect and actually made a lot of bad choice, I still loved him very much

:maheart:

it looks like I have a thing for male characters :llama_squish: and I am having a hard time explaining why I like them :nekosweat: sorry
I am sure I have more but these characters are with me for the longest time, especially Grubbs :nekolove:
 
Joined
5 November 2018
Messages
5,078
Reactions Received
14,232
Location
CL's cherry tree
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
GZB
Gender
Female
Ship
Also, this character as well. I've never related so much to any other character lol This is Yu Yang from "Here you are". We've gone thru the same stuff, like not being accepted for being gay by parents, being pretty much openly gay and falling for unavailable people. And we even dress up the same lmaooo
44861
 
  • Like
Reactions: yeji and kodoku

dark_tranquility

YOᑌ ᗪIᗪᑎ'T ᗷᗴTᖇᗩY ᗰᗴ, YOᑌ ᗷᗴTᖇᗩYᗴᗪ YOᑌᖇSᗴᒪᖴ
.
.
Joined
10 September 2019
Messages
62,057
Reactions Received
52,509
Location
Europe and Asia
Website
www.ancestry.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
201,062
Fandom
𝔹𝕃𝕀ℕ𝕂
Gender
Male
Pronouns
Eurasian
Anarchy Stocking and Panty from Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt, had a special place in my heart.
Because how it was designed and the humour was so memorable.

Gainax did something right with that anime.
It's a shame there hasn't been a season 2 yet, because I felt it was so great in a lot of ways.
The romance was cute too in the show, even if a bit cliche.
 
  • Like
Reactions: yeji
D

Deleted member 74

Fictional characters may exist in places not in this world, created by others, but somehow they can teach you a lot about life and at the same time, be good friends to you. I remember when I was little, Sailor Moon was one of my favourite animes, and as I grew up, I kept returning back to watch some episodes. Especially during my last years of high school, where I was so alone and had fallen so far back in the dark parts of my mind, she and the other sailors had the type of friendship I wanted and I wanted something like it. They made me laugh and comforted me. I thought only I would feel that way, but it turns out the author herself created those characters because she was lonely and wanted a friendship like theirs. With every fictional character, I think there's always a purpose, meaning and hint of reality/reflection behind it. I love fiction because it states the unsaid for me, things I can never say are reflected through and in my favourite fictional characters.

Katniss Everdeen was one character I also really looked up to, for her strength <3 Her personality and attitude towards many things is almost exactly like mine
 
Last edited by a moderator:
  • Like
Reactions: yeji

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread