Why is Onewe not as popular as Oneus? (1 Viewer)

Joined
19 October 2020
Messages
19,165
Reactions Received
28,437
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
1,455
Fandom
multi BG
Gender
Female
I love both groups. They are amazing, but Oneus does seem to stand out a little bit more. But why? Now, don´t take me wrong, I don´t want to downplay one to make another one shine, but Onewe seems to me like a solid band too. Amazing vocals, not bad visuals (they look like your regular guys, but I personally don´t see any breathtakingly gorgeous visuals in Oneus either - again, a bunch of handsome young men, but ... nothing over the top - so what do you think? What decided the success?

Here, a couple of Onewe songs:





Also, I don´t want them to be more famous than Oneus, but I want them to be a little bit more successful because despite enjoying the indie vibe, I always worry bands that don´t reach certain numbers in kpop will disband.
 

Myco

Ace of Hearts
.
.
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
33,247
Reactions Received
81,309
Location
Beat Interactive
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
13,036
Fandom
Choice
Gender
Male
Pronouns
He/Him
Ship
I think it's just most definitely the band aspect, they don't get as flashy and cool dance moves and MV editing as ONEUS does.
Usually all the bands compared to dance groups are not as known, sure FTIsland, CNBLUE, DAY6 are still pretty popular but they dont compare to other groups either.
 

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
17,947
Reactions Received
38,146
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
16,470
Fandom
inspirit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
I think it's just most definitely the band aspect, they don't get as flashy and cool dance moves and MV editing as ONEUS does.
Usually all the bands compared to dance groups are not as known, sure FTIsland, CNBLUE, DAY6 are still pretty popular but they dont compare to other groups either.
Basically this...sadly bands aren't as popular as pretty boys dancing around AND singing AND rapping.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Myco
Joined
19 October 2020
Messages
19,165
Reactions Received
28,437
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
1,455
Fandom
multi BG
Gender
Female
I think it's just most definitely the band aspect, they don't get as flashy and cool dance moves and MV editing as ONEUS does.
Usually all the bands compared to dance groups are not as known, sure FTIsland, CNBLUE, DAY6 are still pretty popular but they dont compare to other groups either.
speaking of Day6, this is exactly what made me fall in love with them. They are just ... different from other kpop groups. they are just different in a good way. and thank you for namedropping. I have never heard of FTIsland and CNBLUE (I think I might have seen the blue one somewhere as the name looks familiar but had never heard), time to educate myself. I don´t know how you do it, but you always pull out an underappreciated band out of your sleeve and it´s high quality.
 
  • Wow
Reactions: Myco

Myco

Ace of Hearts
.
.
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
33,247
Reactions Received
81,309
Location
Beat Interactive
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
13,036
Fandom
Choice
Gender
Male
Pronouns
He/Him
Ship
speaking of Day6, this is exactly what made me fall in love with them. They are just ... different from other kpop groups. they are just different in a good way. and thank you for namedropping. I have never heard of FTIsland and CNBLUE (I think I might have seen the blue one somewhere as the name looks familiar but had never heard), time to educate myself. I don´t know how you do it, but you always pull out an underappreciated band out of your sleeve and it´s high quality.
FTIsland was pretty huge when I got into K-Pop which was about 3-4 years ago, at least much more relevant than these days, same with CNBLUE but one of their members was involved in the Burning Sun Scandal which damaged their reputation too.

Another band is N.Flying, they are doing pretty good too but just as all the other bands nothing really outstanding popularity wise
 
  • Like
Reactions: Ahsoka and brekker
Joined
19 October 2020
Messages
19,165
Reactions Received
28,437
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
1,455
Fandom
multi BG
Gender
Female
FTIsland was pretty huge when I got into K-Pop which was about 3-4 years ago, at least much more relevant than these days, same with CNBLUE but one of their members was involved in the Burning Sun Scandal which damaged their reputation too.

Another band is N.Flying, they are doing pretty good too but just as all the other bands nothing really outstanding popularity wise
yeah I have started listening to kpop about one year ago. I mean, I remember listening to IKON about 2-3 years ago and some other random songs, but I would not call myself a kpop fan, that came on later :D. so I am always like Alice in Wonderland, but I know N.Flying. Didn´t really catch my attention tbh, but maybe they deserve a new chance.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Myco

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
.
.
.
.
.
.
Joined
27 August 2018
Messages
71,397
Reactions Received
151,409
Location
That user who always changes their Un’s heart <3
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
129,603
Fandom
Lex stan
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
Bands tend to be not as popuular as people have said. FNC is kind of the band company, but even one of theirs, Honeyst, weren't that popular despite their labelmates FTIsland and CNBlue being more popular back in the day. That being said, rock in Korea isn't as underappreciated as some people say. It's just less popular compared to typical kpop because typical kpop is more popular.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Myco and brekker
Joined
19 October 2020
Messages
19,165
Reactions Received
28,437
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
1,455
Fandom
multi BG
Gender
Female
Bands tend to be not as popuular as people have said. FNC is kind of the band company, but even one of theirs, Honeyst, weren't that popular despite their labelmates FTIsland and CNBlue being more popular back in the day. That being said, rock in Korea isn't as underappreciated as some people say. It's just less popular compared to typical kpop because typical kpop is more popular.
yeah, I guess the question is what is really popular in Korea and what is popular internationally. that might be it too. I was really surprised to see how immensely popular Seventeen is. Not that Seventeen would be anything but quality, but I would have never said they would be second, third most popular band. I just feel they get more recognition home rather than internationally.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Myco and Ahsoka

Myco

Ace of Hearts
.
.
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
33,247
Reactions Received
81,309
Location
Beat Interactive
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
13,036
Fandom
Choice
Gender
Male
Pronouns
He/Him
Ship
Bands tend to be not as popuular as people have said. FNC is kind of the band company, but even one of theirs, Honeyst, weren't that popular despite their labelmates FTIsland and CNBlue being more popular back in the day. That being said, rock in Korea isn't as underappreciated as some people say. It's just less popular compared to typical kpop because typical kpop is more popular.
K-Rock is still pretty popular overall, the fan base for the bands who already established themselves well enough can keep the groups over water pretty well, sadly that wasn't the case for Honeyst or The Rose as it seems these days
 
  • Like
Reactions: brekker and Ahsoka

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
.
.
.
.
.
.
Joined
27 August 2018
Messages
71,397
Reactions Received
151,409
Location
That user who always changes their Un’s heart <3
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
129,603
Fandom
Lex stan
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
yeah, I guess the question is what is really popular in Korea and what is popular internationally. that might be it too. I was really surprised to see how immensely popular Seventeen is. Not that Seventeen would be anything but quality, but I would have never said they would be second, third most popular band. I just feel they get more recognition home rather than internationally.
For sure, some groups like BtoB, SF9, and Shinee are more popular in Korea than internationally, though shinee ofc are big internationally too.
 
  • Like
Reactions: brekker

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread