Why It Took So Long To Investigate BI (1 Viewer)

VillageIdiot

It's Time To Break Free Of The Blues
.
.
Joined
8 November 2018
Messages
19,193
Reactions Received
60,789
Location
Tokki Topia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
19,207
Fandom
Toxic
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her/Drama Kween
Ship
Translation: DailyNaver


Article: B.I's suspected drug purchase investigation turn around...in the hands of the police...will the "slowmo" investigation succeed?

Source: kbs.co.kr

Police have announced investigations into iKON B.I's drug suspicions.

Bae Yong-ju, the head of the Gyeonggi Southern Police Agency told reporters on the 2nd, "Police will conduct its own investigation into B.I's drug purchase."

Suspicions of B.I's drug purchase in 2016 were raised in mid-June but there has been no progress in the investigations in two and a half months. KBS previously reported on the allegations on June 12th and stated that police never investigated the case at the time. Furthermore, a key witness 'A' stated that Yang Hyun Suk, Executive Producer at YG Entertainment at the time, forced her to reverse her statement. Even though the accomplice stated that she allegedly gave drugs B.I, the Gyeonggi-dong East Police Station that was in charge of the investigation didn't summon B.I or test for drugs.

In response to the suspicions, Bae Yong-ju stated, "We tried to investigate B.I at the time but the prosecution said that we didn't have jurisdiction and asked us to forward the case to prosecution."

He continued, "It was impossible under jurisdiction rules for the Prosecutor's office to investigate and direct the Gyeonggi Nambu office and not the Seoul Metropolitan Police Agency. After two and a half months without any results we made it clear that we will investigate the case. The investigation had been internally arranged so that we can conduct our own investigation since the prosecutor investigations were slow."

Regarding whether 'A' will testify, Bae Yong-ju said, "We are learning that her lawyer has persuaded her to a certain extent so I think she [Han Seo Hee] will respond to our investigations."

According to Bae Yong-ju, they will conduct their own investigations as "a matter of fact-finding" than a legal one. As the case itself was three years ago and the investigation began in earnest three months later after the suspicions arose, they're uncertain how much evidence related to the case is remaining.

According to police, the investigation's success or failure will be based on how B.I is able to answer the allegations against him as there's not much evidence on the case.

The Prosecutor's office has confirmed that they plan to "watch the investigation by the Gyeonggi Office" but have no plans to hand over the case
 

Belgizen

Doyoung's wifey
.
Joined
5 November 2018
Messages
12,760
Reactions Received
31,598
Location
Doyoung's Bed
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
46,298
Fandom
NCTzen
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
I dont feel like reading all that but I'll just guess that since the main evidence was from years ago and YG destroyed recent evidence then the police had a hard time confirming the validity of the drug claims
Nah I read a shorter version (which is on Koreaboo) and basically they are going to carry over the case to another station
 

potato

☆ Stan Yolkie ☆
.
Joined
22 May 2019
Messages
5,913
Reactions Received
28,273
Location
Under the Earth
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
Moa
Ship
I'm not that knowledegable in law but why did they take two months when they knew that the Prosectuor's office would not be able to direct the case due to jurisdiction rules? It's seems quite weird. Why wasn't it handled by the Seoul office sooner? If the prosecution investigation was so slow, I still think two months is a long time to wait... So many questions :jisoosmh:

Can someone who is knows something about law help me? Maybe I'm getting something wrong here.
 

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
:sanapray: I honestly hope that something goes forward. I hate not knowing anything
 

VillageIdiot

It's Time To Break Free Of The Blues
.
.
Joined
8 November 2018
Messages
19,193
Reactions Received
60,789
Location
Tokki Topia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
19,207
Fandom
Toxic
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her/Drama Kween
Ship
Why does Han Seohee seem to be getting away with all these happenings with YG artists???
At one point, I think YG was providing her with legal representation
 

VillageIdiot

It's Time To Break Free Of The Blues
.
.
Joined
8 November 2018
Messages
19,193
Reactions Received
60,789
Location
Tokki Topia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
19,207
Fandom
Toxic
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her/Drama Kween
Ship
She’s like a pantomime villain, shrouded in green mist who should be booed whenever she enters a room. Wouldn’t shock me if YG referred to her as his little drug mule.
She probably is
She seems to be able to hook up just about anyone from the company
 

Panda

.
.
.
.
Joined
24 September 2018
Messages
8,755
Reactions Received
24,302
Location
Somewhere Near Bamboo
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
12
Fandom
Starlight
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
Wreck
Okay, he will be found guilty, cause people hate drug use in Korea, which is fine if he actually did it. Do something illegal and pay the price for it, makes sense. But, I hope they consider that this was years ago, but him under probation, get him some help, and then let him live.

Istg, if he gets a jail sentence for that, but that one CEO who sexually harassed someone gets 10 months probation, I'm throwing hands. Get a grip Korea, you're already a joke when it comes to your legal system.
 

potato

☆ Stan Yolkie ☆
.
Joined
22 May 2019
Messages
5,913
Reactions Received
28,273
Location
Under the Earth
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
Moa
Ship
I'm not that knowledegable in law but why did they take two months when they knew that the Prosectuor's office would not be able to direct the case due to jurisdiction rules? It's seems quite weird. Why wasn't it handled by the Seoul office sooner? If the prosecution investigation was so slow, I still think two months is a long time to wait... So many questions :jisoosmh:

Can someone who is knows something about law help me? Maybe I'm getting something wrong here.
I guess no one knows :sadcat:
We need more lawyer kpop fans so they can explain this mess... :(
 
Joined
12 June 2019
Messages
193
Reactions Received
460
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
14
I read the entire thread.
Imma need y'all to read some stuff before making comments. Like actually read and not scan. That's how ish has gotten started in older forums I've been on. Like misinformation and debates which all could be avoided if people would properly read things.

I feel like a higher up person at YGE (or someone who was there) messed with Han Seo Hee in a bad way and now this lady is out for revenge. And she is trying to destroy YGE cause I keep seeing people at that company that's been associated with her end up in trouble.

I can understand why B.I would feel the need to turn to drugs to help himself in a difficult position. Because honestly, when it comes to mental health in S.Korea it's a bit lacking. Maybe if we eliminated the fact that employers can have access to employees medical records (and then not hire them/fire them when they see mental health-there's a law against that in S.Korea but people do it anyway) and change the public mindset of mental health, maybe we wouldn't see cases like B.I where people feel like they don't really have a choice but to confide in drugs when they're going through something.
Just to BECOME a trainee at a major Kpop company is challenging. The path doesn't get easier once you are a trainee or even afterwards.

Orrrrrr
Maybe YGE can take some cues from JYPE and like I dunno add in a mental health service/program/classes???

This any situations where someone felt they HAD to turn to drugs to solve their problems because they didn't have anyone to go to really upsets me. Even more so when they're at risk of being thrown in jail for buying and thinking of TAKING drugs. They're not hurting anyone but themselves. (Unless they're robbing and assaulting others for the drugs but I'm not talking about that)



TL;DR
I read the thread. Please read the thread thoroughly too, don't scan that's how misinformation and crap happens.
S.Korea still needs to do something for their mental health if an idol feels like the only thing they can turn to is drugs.
Being on the path to become a trainee, being a trainee and being an idol is NOT easy and comes with many very strenuous stuff.
Cases like B.I breaks my heart I personally don't think he should go to jail. Instead of locking someone up why not actually HELP them with their mental health? Instead of making it worse cause that's what jail WILL do.
Oh and Han Seo Hee seems to be getting revenge for something.....

[Edited: I gotta make the point. I especially don't think B.I should go to jail when people have been put on probation for worse crimes that actually HURT others. ]
 
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
719
Reactions Received
6,480
Location
Buddy Hole @ Zoom
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
I guess no one knows :sadcat:
We need more lawyer kpop fans so they can explain this mess... :(
Usually when cases are reported, the crime is investigated in the area where it’s originally submitted and transferred over once all evidence it’s analyzed. Lack of evidence makes it hard for the case to be accepted and trialed (most cases don’t make it past investigations and reach trials unlike what we see on tv). Korea does have a much more different system than what I’ve studied but it seems like either the police station is overbooked with cases that have more priority or there’s other things going on.
 

potato

☆ Stan Yolkie ☆
.
Joined
22 May 2019
Messages
5,913
Reactions Received
28,273
Location
Under the Earth
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
Moa
Ship
Usually when cases are reported, the crime is investigated in the area where it’s originally submitted and transferred over once all evidence it’s analyzed. Lack of evidence makes it hard for the case to be accepted and trialed (most cases don’t make it past investigations and reach trials unlike what we see on tv). Korea does have a much more different system than what I’ve studied but it seems like either the police station is overbooked with cases that have more priority or there’s other things going on.
Thank you so much for clearing it up!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread