Why Korea doesn’t make this kind of songs?! (2 Viewers)

Joined
16 June 2019
Messages
61,590
Reactions Received
105,389
Location
Schweiz 🇨🇭
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
41,010
Fandom
Buddy
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/her 💗💛💙
Ship
Wreck
the music video reminded me of this:


sound-wise, you're right i can't really find anything :jisoosmh:
Visually I agree with you!!!
but yeah... Kpop doesn’t have alternative idols :/ that’s a shame as even in Japanese music I almost only listen to those kind of idols.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Michael
Joined
16 June 2019
Messages
61,590
Reactions Received
105,389
Location
Schweiz 🇨🇭
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
41,010
Fandom
Buddy
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/her 💗💛💙
Ship
Wreck
I mean usually no K-Pop group goes in that rock direction , even DC have kinda turned away from the really hard hitting stuff if u dont count their Japanese releases
I know that but that’s clearly a shame. I would stan directly if it was heavier :nayeonisdone:
you know I am sincere 😩
 
  • Like
Reactions: Myco
Joined
16 June 2019
Messages
61,590
Reactions Received
105,389
Location
Schweiz 🇨🇭
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
41,010
Fandom
Buddy
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/her 💗💛💙
Ship
Wreck
I stanned NECROMA mostly because of that song; but I generally like their concept. Even for them, Tupilaq was a very dark concept if you know what a tupilaq is.
I have looked for it on the internet :sanapray:
 
Joined
20 November 2018
Messages
65,862
Reactions Received
77,040
Location
Heaven
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
53,448
Visually I agree with you!!!
but yeah... Kpop doesn’t have alternative idols :/ that’s a shame as even in Japanese music I almost only listen to those kind of idols.
All the idols I stan or I'm close to are alternative idols. DC came closer, but they shied away. Anyway, on the Japanese scene, the boys are shying away from it. The only ones I knew are going the DC route (shied away).
 
  • Like
Reactions: Willow
Joined
16 June 2019
Messages
61,590
Reactions Received
105,389
Location
Schweiz 🇨🇭
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
41,010
Fandom
Buddy
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/her 💗💛💙
Ship
Wreck
All the idols I stan or I'm close to are alternative idols. DC came closer, but they shied away. Anyway, on the Japanese scene, the boys are shying away from it. The only ones I knew are going the DC route (shied away).
some Japanese visual kei acts could be pretty good too sometimes but I get your point.
That may be the reason why I don't have a main BG I stan (except Monsta X who I am the closest to truly stan but yeah)
 
  • Like
Reactions: Michael
Joined
20 November 2018
Messages
65,862
Reactions Received
77,040
Location
Heaven
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
53,448
some Japanese visual kei acts could be pretty good too sometimes but I get your point.
That may be the reason why I don't have a main BG I stan (except Monsta X who I am the closest to truly stan but yeah)
On visual kei, the opposite seems to be true. There are many boybands, but the only female I know is Mai Yajima. It's a shame SD didn't follow through their heavy rock route. They were good, and their vocals offered something different.
 
  • Love
Reactions: Willow
Joined
16 June 2019
Messages
61,590
Reactions Received
105,389
Location
Schweiz 🇨🇭
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
41,010
Fandom
Buddy
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/her 💗💛💙
Ship
Wreck
On visual kei, the opposite seems to be true. There are many boybands, but the only female I know is Mai Yajima. It's a shame SD didn't follow through their heavy rock route. They were good, and their vocals offered something different.
do you know exist-trace? They are a GG visual kei band :pepeheart:

You are right... I really enjoyed Super Dragon early songs, much more than the most recent ones...
 
  • Like
Reactions: Michael
Joined
20 November 2018
Messages
65,862
Reactions Received
77,040
Location
Heaven
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
53,448
do you know exist-trace? They are a GG visual kei band :pepeheart:

You are right... I really enjoyed Super Dragon early songs, much more than the most recent ones...
To be honest, I have being checking out mostly idol groups and not so many rock bands. I know Jupiter, Jiluka, Log (which seems to be inactive), and Mai Yajima. I have heard of others, but I have not checked them out. If Hyde counts as vkei, then I can count him too. The bulk of the Japanese music I follow is from alt-idol groups.
 
  • Love
Reactions: Willow
Joined
17 December 2020
Messages
166
Reactions Received
293
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
i mean dreamcatcher, obviously, though it's not quite there due to the layered synths that necronomidol has. But i don't like those synths because it makes it sound too idol-ish in a way that i don't like, often japanese idol music that tries to be heavier seems to mix synths in a way that i don't like so i stick to strictly rock. And i find those synths take away heaviness when done in that way, so i do like dreamcatcher's approach more, though i don't like either too much

(dreamcatcher's approach feels too normal to me by now, especially after many of their songs turned out so similar. Nowadays they're experimenting more with edm, but except for Scream i haven't liked it. I do like dreamcatcher's integration of edm more than this when they actually have done it right, but neither do it well enough for me too often)

I still like non-idol rock and bands overall more whether it is in Japan or Korea, and i also like their integration of edm more than most idol groups on a general level, with some songs being exceptions like Scream (which layers the psytrance bass synth with the guitars) and a few japanese songs here and there. But overall there aren't many artists in the world who flawlessly mix electronic elements with rock (ignoring soundtrack composers), it's hard so i'm not too harsh on the topic lol.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Willow

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread