Why there's more SM stan than JYP/Yg stan ? (1 Viewer)

Joined
15 November 2018
Messages
3,333
Reactions Received
8,736
Location
☼ Shine brighter than the Sun ☼
Website
www.HOW-TO-BE-AS-PERFECT-THAN-ME.Com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
18
Fandom
MY/Sone/reveluv
Gender
Male
Pronouns
whatever i don't care
I've never understand why there are so much SM stan compare to JYP or YG stan

even if they all have multiple group etc..............

what do you think ?
 
  • Like
Reactions: yeji and Ahsoka

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
.
.
.
.
.
.
Joined
27 August 2018
Messages
71,391
Reactions Received
151,403
Location
That user who always changes their Un’s heart <3
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
129,595
Fandom
Lex stan
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
I think there are equal SM and YG stans, as for JYP their groups tend to have more variety than the other two so its harder to like all their groups because their concepts are so different.
 
Joined
15 November 2018
Messages
3,333
Reactions Received
8,736
Location
☼ Shine brighter than the Sun ☼
Website
www.HOW-TO-BE-AS-PERFECT-THAN-ME.Com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
18
Fandom
MY/Sone/reveluv
Gender
Male
Pronouns
whatever i don't care
JYP their groups tend to have more variety than the other two so its harder to like all their groups because their concepts are so different.
I really really really really really disagree about this point
but if it's your thoughts
 
  • Like
Reactions: yeji and Ahsoka

Suzy

Hua Chen Yu's #1 Martian
.
.
Joined
22 November 2018
Messages
7,026
Reactions Received
27,656
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
EXO-L & My
Gender
Female
Ship
So you mean company stans or just fans of the groups? If company stans, then YG stans are the most. If you mean groups then maybe because there’s a lot of groups under SM and SM works to build on individual fandoms first over anything else? SM has always been a fandom based company rather than a public based company so they have always had an advantage and it’s why their groups are always able to successfully promote and have tour after tour years after their debut. Each of their groups started off by growing the fandoms first.
 
Joined
24 February 2019
Messages
3,675
Reactions Received
13,340
Location
Idol Hell
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
I think it’s because a lot of SM groups have similar vibes and because SM really works to make an “SM family.” All of their groups are on the same channel, so if you subscribe you’re kinda forced to watch videos of other groups, and heir groups also interact a lot, so you end up standing all of them.
 
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
16,036
Reactions Received
44,289
Location
the female gaze
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
124
Fandom
luoshifemy
Gender
Female
Pronouns
luo/yunxi
Ship
They’ve got the best visuals :icgyu:
 

mirella

✧✦ soloist akgae ✦✧
.
Joined
9 November 2018
Messages
1,859
Reactions Received
13,182
Location
Pacifika
Website
www.last.fm
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
EXO-L?
Gender
Female
Ship
Wreck
YG groups have similar concepts and sounds (except maybe WINNER). I think there are a lot of YG stans too.

A lot of SM groups have experimental discographies I really enjoy, which is why I am an SM stan. They are definitely varied groups in concept but you can always trust their music to be good.

JYP groups are hit-or-miss, kind of randomly different from each other. I mean, Wonder Girls and Twice and Stray Kids came out of JYP...
 
  • Like
Reactions: yeji
Joined
24 February 2019
Messages
3,579
Reactions Received
6,439
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
People instantly assume nct fans are sm fans just saying there not...
 

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
SM has an overall family like feel to them. Every artist in sm is conected to each other somehow so you defetnly learn about everyone the more you start looking into one group alone

YG used to have the family vibe too but that's long gone. I think the hate some fans feel for the company just brings them closer. Tough not every fandom is fine with each other. Alot of petty fights happen almost daily between the newer groups.

JYP has this randomness about them. And most seem to care mainly about their gg's. Bg's of JYP really have been struggeling which is wierd considering how big 2PM used to be in Korea
 
Joined
2 January 2019
Messages
1,295
Reactions Received
3,701
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
What do you mean by this? Do you mean people who tend to like multipe groups from the same company or people who are dedicated to the company as a artist brand?

I would say SM is the only Big 3 that I have seen that have true company stans. Certain people tend to like multiple of their groups and are dedicated to the company as a artist brand.

For JYP (at least for me) I haven't seen that many truly JYP stans. IDK, maybe because they had a dry spell and most people just seem to be Onces, iGot7/AhGaeSe, former Wonderfuls etc I haven't encountered that many JYP stans in either fashion.

As for YG I don't know what people mean. From what I see widespread commitment to YG as a artist brand died with 2NE1. You have lots of people like me that stan or like many of their acts but we don't claim YGE, though many outsiders label us that. Also I see people that are just big fans of one group be called "YG stans". I think there are only really YG stans in terms of stanning a lot of their groups but not like what SM has at all.
 
  • Like
Reactions: yeji

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread