Why was Weki Meki's debut so disliked? (1 Viewer)

Myco

Ace of Hearts
.
.
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
33,247
Reactions Received
81,309
Location
Beat Interactive
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
13,036
Fandom
Choice
Gender
Male
Pronouns
He/Him
Ship



If I remember correctly, I saw that ALOT of people didn't like this debut, listening to it now again I don't really understand why
:susPepe:


The chorus is amazing, while it definitely outshines the verses by a lot even those aren't bad, it does sound a bit like 2 different songs but that doesn't stop people from liking other songs as well​
 

mirella

✧✦ soloist akgae ✦✧
.
Joined
9 November 2018
Messages
1,859
Reactions Received
13,182
Location
Pacifika
Website
www.last.fm
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
EXO-L?
Gender
Female
Ship
Wreck
The song isn't bad, but I don't like the lyrical theme. "I don't like your girlfriend"?? It could easily be forgiven if the lyrics are in Korean, but since it is in English, it is just cringy and ruins the song for me. Weki Meki probably didn't have a part in writing the song though.

Other people probably have different reasons.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Myco

Myco

Ace of Hearts
.
.
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
33,247
Reactions Received
81,309
Location
Beat Interactive
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
13,036
Fandom
Choice
Gender
Male
Pronouns
He/Him
Ship
The song isn't bad, but I don't like the lyrical theme. "I don't like your girlfriend"?? It could easily be forgiven if the lyrics are in Korean, but since it is in English, it is just cringy and ruins the song for me. Weki Meki probably didn't have a part in writing the song though.

Other people probably have different reasons.
Oh I can definitely see why that would be a reason to dislike it, it doesn't bother me too much myself but as you said everyone can have different reasons^^
 
  • Like
Reactions: mirella
Joined
21 February 2019
Messages
59,803
Reactions Received
93,586
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
191,343
Fandom
WizSoneLuv



If I remember correctly, I saw that ALOT of people didn't like this debut, listening to it now again I don't really understand why
:susPepe:


The chorus is amazing, while it definitely outshines the verses by a lot even those aren't bad, it does sound a bit like 2 different songs but that doesn't stop people from liking other songs as well​
I always liked it bought the album now the second album not so much.

there have been zillions of i do not like you GF themed songs fpr decades, girls just overreacted. they are too cool now.



ect.

Heck Taylor swift made a career out of gf and other break up songs.
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: Myco

mirella

✧✦ soloist akgae ✦✧
.
Joined
9 November 2018
Messages
1,859
Reactions Received
13,182
Location
Pacifika
Website
www.last.fm
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
EXO-L?
Gender
Female
Ship
Wreck
Oh I can definitely see why that would be a reason to dislike it, it doesn't bother me too much myself but as you said everyone can have different reasons^^
Usually cringy lyrics don't bother me but the phrase "I don't like your girlfriend" just carries so many negative connotations for me... it comes off as petty and superficial. I do like other Weki Meki songs though.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Myco

Wingfrost

Answer for SOTY
.
.
Joined
5 November 2018
Messages
23,134
Reactions Received
38,822
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
19,488
Fandom
Answer is Queen
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
I actually really like the song :pikahappy:
 
  • Like
Reactions: Myco

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread