Will BTS ever be topped? (1 Viewer)

Joined
2 January 2019
Messages
1,295
Reactions Received
3,701
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
It depends really on if Kpop continues as a pop culture phenomenon or not. I love BTS and their story is unique but I don't see why another Asian boy or girl group couldn't achieve more.

If Kpop stays as it is (and subsequently grows) I see it happening. But I don't think it will happen with any boy or girl group in this generation. Maybe if a company gets the right Korean-American soloist but not a idol type.

If Kpop goes the way of Jpop then the whole Hallyuwave will end and it will go to another Asian country (China further down the century?) and their group, more then likely inspired off of Kpop, will do it.
 
Joined
2 January 2019
Messages
1,295
Reactions Received
3,701
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Well, it's certainly possible with time I suppose? I don't see it in the immediate future but I don't doubt that it could happen eventually. It would become more likely the older bts gets because of their age + military, etc. Younger fans like fresh, young, and new... and kpop is saturated with very young fans. Bts isn't getting younger. (But imho they're getting more and more attractive in my opinion so whatever lmfao)
Well the 2nd Gen is proving that ones idol careers can go on for years, even after the military. So the question is will they be like a TVXQ, still legends, still touring and still charting but their immense wave and support has died down. Or be like BIGBANG and hold on as number one for years, and even after a new group becomes more popular/successful they still retain a superstar position and success rate in the Asian pop scene.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread