Appreciation WJSN casually dropped 2 of the best B-sides of the year (1 Viewer)

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
.
.
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
22,959
Reactions Received
108,834
Location
Kwangya
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
I haven't really been listening to much Kpop recently, so other than checking WJSN's title track Butterfly from their recent comeback I didn't really get into the B-sides. Recently I got new earphones and wanted to test them lol, so I opened Spotify again and went and checked their album.

As always, they randomly always have great songs hidden in their discography that not enough people talk about so lemme just spotlight my 2 favs.




Hola, much like other WJSN B-sides like Luckitty Cat and You Got would've made a strong title track imo. It's upbeat but more energetic than Butterfly, there's enough variations among the verses but still a coherent flow to the whole song. Exy's rap flows alongside the beat without sounding like a random distraction and the vocals are strong af like you expect. This might have skyrocketed to my top 3 Bsides 2020.





Tra-la is relatively subdued in comparison to Hola but still an amazing song. Not that Hola is a hype anthem by any means, but Tra-la is more relaxing in nature, the type of music you'd love to listen while sipping a cup of coffee or hot chocolate :pepeheart:

WJSN continuing to be discography queens with that consistent quality, plz stan :sakUwu:

Also, Pantomime is another B-side from the album. Personally, I wasn't the biggest fan of it although it's pretty interesting musically, and some fans online seem to have this as their fav B-side from the album. I don't agree but check it out regardless.

 

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
The whole album is amazing and I can’t stop listening to it.

Pantomime especially might be my favorite b-side of the year in general
 
  • Love
Reactions: Darkseid

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
.
.
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
22,959
Reactions Received
108,834
Location
Kwangya
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
The whole album is amazing and I can’t stop listening to it.

Pantomime especially might be my favorite b-side of the year in general
Everyone's been hyping up Pantomime but I don't see it :jisoosmh:
Hola and Tra-la tho :sj_weary:
 
  • Love
Reactions: yeji

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
Everyone's been hyping up Pantomime but I don't see it :jisoosmh:
Hola and Tra-la tho :sj_weary:
The whole album is great and each track can hold it’s own tbh. :sj_weary:

I just really vibe to Pantomime tho Tra-La is a close second
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread