Words I Learned Today #6 (1 Viewer)

Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
472
Reactions Received
1,519
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
symposiarch
/simˈpōzēˌärk /
noun
1. one who presides over a symposium.
2. the person who proposes toasts and introduces speakers at a banquet.

cach·in·nate
/ˈkakəˌnāt/
verb RARE
laugh loudly.

cae·su·ra
/sēˈzyo͝orə,siˈZHo͞orə/
noun
1. (in Greek and Latin verse) a break between words within a metrical foot.
2. (in modern verse) a pause near the middle of a line.
3. any interruption or break.
"an unaccountable caesura: no deaths were reported in the newspapers"

downloaded a word of the day app and found #1 and #3 with it. Kinda feels like cheating, because the original reason for making these word threads was to show how commonly everyone can encounter rarer words in their day to day life even without specifically looking, but I loved symposiarch too much to exclude and let it go to waste.

@Mayah (look I remembered to tag you!)
 

daesuki

이 비가 그칠 땐 각자 있던 곳에서
.
.
Joined
4 January 2020
Messages
16,598
Reactions Received
31,252
Location
you clouds rain
Website
daesukiii.tumblr.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
38,410
Fandom
YOLO
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
I cachinnate too much day to day.
 

daesuki

이 비가 그칠 땐 각자 있던 곳에서
.
.
Joined
4 January 2020
Messages
16,598
Reactions Received
31,252
Location
you clouds rain
Website
daesukiii.tumblr.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
38,410
Fandom
YOLO
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship

potato

☆ Stan Yolkie ☆
.
Joined
22 May 2019
Messages
5,913
Reactions Received
28,273
Location
Under the Earth
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
Moa
Ship
symposiarch is such a pretty word :pandalove:

I use caesura pretty often for english essays. Always loved the way it rolled of my tongue.
 
  • Like
Reactions: mimi_mimi
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
472
Reactions Received
1,519
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Intresting, I've never heard of any of these, and i probably won't remember them, but that's ok cause i cachinate when my brother is around.:wonugl: (I tired 🤷‍♀️ i can't word )
thats the point lol, trying to find words no one's heard before
symposiarch is such a pretty word :pandalove:

I use caesura pretty often for english essays. Always loved the way it rolled of my tongue.
except of course @potato had to ruin it :nekopout:
 
Joined
18 April 2019
Messages
2,326
Reactions Received
7,732
Location
TXT's Hair Line
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Wreck
thats the point lol, trying to find words no one's heard before
Ahhh, Then you've been successful :sanapray:
Also how are you? Sorry, I haven't been on for a while so i haven't gotten to catch up with you. :nekolove:
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread