Words I Learned Today (1 Viewer)

Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
16,036
Reactions Received
44,289
Location
the female gaze
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
124
Fandom
luoshifemy
Gender
Female
Pronouns
luo/yunxi
Ship
I always try to learn a few cool words each day. the english language is absolutely beautiful! here are 3 words:

ap·tro·nym
/ˈaptrəˌnim/
noun
  1. a person's name that is regarded as amusingly appropriate to their occupation.
    "he began collecting aptronyms when he saw an ad for a flower shop operated by Flora Gardner"
dil·et·tante
/ˌdiləˈtänt,diləˈtäntē/
noun
  1. a person who cultivates an area of interest, such as the arts, without real commitment or knowledge.
    "a wealthy literary dilettante"
eu·ca·tas·tro·phe
/ˌyo͞okəˈtastrəfē/
noun
RARE
  1. a sudden and favorable resolution of events in a story; a happy ending.

 

RainbowDevil

Lucifers Favorite Son
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
5,597
Reactions Received
18,451
Location
Serbia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
-52
Fandom
Multi-king
Gender
Male
Ship
Interesting, the first one is also very apt for it's aptitude :haylul:

Yea learning words is cool, I wish I could remember them :haylul:
 
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
16,036
Reactions Received
44,289
Location
the female gaze
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
124
Fandom
luoshifemy
Gender
Female
Pronouns
luo/yunxi
Ship
Interesting, the first one is also very apt for it's aptitude :haylul:

Yea learning words is cool, I wish I could remember them :haylul:
Write them down!!! I have notebooks for them everywhere
 
  • Like
Reactions: RainbowDevil
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
16,036
Reactions Received
44,289
Location
the female gaze
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
124
Fandom
luoshifemy
Gender
Female
Pronouns
luo/yunxi
Ship
:seokeyes: are you using them though in daily situations mimi; “as a dilettante i collected aptronyms and eucatastrophes from books for my fanfic endeavors”

cool though :sj_weary: i look forward to seeing more your word kink :taemsip: bc same
Nah this is for my original novels
I love it when writers teach me new words so I’m trying to do that : )
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread