Sensitive Xinijan Internment Camps (2 Viewers)

Joined
19 October 2020
Messages
19,165
Reactions Received
28,437
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
1,455
Fandom
multi BG
Gender
Female

THE THREAD CONTAINS SENSITIVE TOPIC. THE VIDOES CONTAIN MENTIONS OF RAPE, FORCED STERLISIATION AND SHOTS OF PRISON. I WOULD LIKE TO PUT IT UNDER 18+ SECTION, BUT THERE IS BASICALLY NO OPTION FOR THIS.





What is your opinion on Chinese putting Muslims into "re-educational" centres / schools (camps)?
The news has been emerging in a sense that those "centres" are basically prisons where people are tortured physically and mentally.
How does it affect you and your opinion?
Have you heard about those cases? Does it affect your opinion on Chinese music in general? Obviously people are not to blame for their government, but everyone is ... silent. No artists says a word, even those who could potentially run to Korea etc. How do you feel about it?

source
source: youtube (18+; trigger warning: description of rape)
 

Yili

Stay • Czennie • Teume • Moodz • One-It • Villain
.
.
Joined
13 November 2018
Messages
36,941
Reactions Received
64,079
Location
You did well Moonbin <3
Website
flyhighyili.carrd.co
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
Multi <3
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
I have heard about them before, it's a topic that I hear since I am majoring in Chinese and take Chinese culture classes. That being said I find it horrific. I wish there was something that I could personally do about it. It's one of many reasons that I won't go visiting China. What with Hong Kong as well, it makes them look worse and worse and I already think very lowly of the government.

One of the reasons I refuse to watch the Mulan remake is because it is reported that filming for the movie partly took place in that same province. Disney also thanked the Chinese government for permission to film there. I find it honestly detestable that they would choose that places of all of China.

"Criticism has also been directed at the fact that filming took place in the province of Xinjiang, where internment camps containing up to a million ethnically Turkic citizens are located. At the end of the credits, the film gives special thanks to several government entities in Xinjiang, including the now-sanctioned Xinjiang Public Security Bureau in Turpan, which operates the internment camps, and several local committees of the Publicity Department of the Chinese Communist Party.[94][95] The public security bureau in Turpan was added to the U.S. Bureau of Industry and Security's Entity List in October 2019.[96][97] "

 

Mayday

🍓Your 1-Up Girl🍓
.
Joined
26 September 2018
Messages
8,197
Reactions Received
27,145
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
as a muslim this really really breaks my heart that people are being hurt this much for believing in the same thing i do...its scary. but i dont actually blame the artists because the ccp is known to have pretty horrible reprimandements for those who speak against them. i usually choose to stay silent on this bc obv seeing people like me being tortured is...disturbing to say the least.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Yili and Willow

Mayday

🍓Your 1-Up Girl🍓
.
Joined
26 September 2018
Messages
8,197
Reactions Received
27,145
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
honestly i feel like the gp doesnt really cares about muslim problems in general...idk though, could just be my ultra sensitivity to the subject.
 
  • Sad
  • Like
Reactions: Yili and Willow

Yili

Stay • Czennie • Teume • Moodz • One-It • Villain
.
.
Joined
13 November 2018
Messages
36,941
Reactions Received
64,079
Location
You did well Moonbin <3
Website
flyhighyili.carrd.co
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
Multi <3
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
as a muslim this really really breaks my heart that people are being hurt this much for believing in the same thing i do...its scary. but i dont actually blame the artists because the ccp is known to have pretty horrible reprimandements for those who speak against them. i usually choose to stay silent on this bc obv seeing people like me being tortured is...disturbing to say the least.
It must be really scary to see people be tortured for something you also believe in, I can't imagine that.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Mayday

Mayday

🍓Your 1-Up Girl🍓
.
Joined
26 September 2018
Messages
8,197
Reactions Received
27,145
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
It must be really scary to see people be tortured for something you also believe in, I can't imagine that.
I think it really REALLY doesn't help that the media tends to twist Islam's message to such a significant degree. And the issue is that both the left AND the right don't really like Islam and I've seen very prominent Islamophobia on both ends of the political spectrum. The right islamophobes think Islam is oppressive and aggressive whereas the left islamophobes think Islam is misogynistic and homophobic, both sets of ideologies which do not pertain to islam in any way shape or manner. So it's like Muslims really have no one to turn to which is why I feel like Muslim problems aren't actually properly acknowledged. I'm very VERY privileged to not have experienced much Islamophobia growing up in the States (directly) but it still disturbs me.
 
  • Sad
  • Like
Reactions: brekker and Yili

Mayday

🍓Your 1-Up Girl🍓
.
Joined
26 September 2018
Messages
8,197
Reactions Received
27,145
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
I actually planned on moving to China but uh...maybe not lol
 
  • Sad
Reactions: Yili

Yili

Stay • Czennie • Teume • Moodz • One-It • Villain
.
.
Joined
13 November 2018
Messages
36,941
Reactions Received
64,079
Location
You did well Moonbin <3
Website
flyhighyili.carrd.co
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
Multi <3
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
I think it really REALLY doesn't help that the media tends to twist Islam's message to such a significant degree. And the issue is that both the left AND the right don't really like Islam and I've seen very prominent Islamophobia on both ends of the political spectrum. The right islamophobes think Islam is oppressive and aggressive whereas the left islamophobes think Islam is misogynistic and homophobic, both sets of ideologies which do not pertain to islam in any way shape or manner. So it's like Muslims really have no one to turn to which is why I feel like Muslim problems aren't actually properly acknowledged. I'm very VERY privileged to not have experienced much Islamophobia growing up in the States (directly) but it still disturbs me.
From a non Muslim perspective I agree that I feel like neither the American left or right really likes or supports Muslim people. Like for the right it is just outright hatred, considering many right wingers are also Christian, Islam being seen as evil. For the left even though they view Muslims as an oppressed minority, it also feels like they don't really do as much to protect them? Like have I seen American politicians talk about the Uyghurs as much as they ought to? Definitely not. I've seen more activism from my Asian or Muslim friends, some being Chinese who are not Muslim but they condemn what is happening. Or it is my Muslim friends speaking out against the persecution.

I'd be happy to sign any kind of petition if it would help but it's such a hard situation to get involved in as just a regular person. Since it's a human rights issue in another country
 
  • Like
Reactions: Mayday

Mayday

🍓Your 1-Up Girl🍓
.
Joined
26 September 2018
Messages
8,197
Reactions Received
27,145
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
From a non Muslim perspective I agree that I feel like neither the American left or right really likes or supports Muslim people. Like for the right it is just outright hatred, considering many right wingers are also Christian, Islam being seen as evil. For the left even though they view Muslims as an oppressed minority, it also feels like they don't really do as much to protect them? Like have I seen American politicians talk about the Uyghurs as much as they ought to? Definitely not. I've seen more activism from my Asian or Muslim friends, some being Chinese who are not Muslim but they condemn what is happening. Or it is my Muslim friends speaking out against the persecution.

I'd be happy to sign any kind of petition if it would help but it's such a hard situation to get involved in as just a regular person. Since it's a human rights issue in another country
Unfortunately petitions don't really do much when it comes to this situation I believe bc like you mentioned it's in another country.

I see what you're saying about Asians and Muslims. Now imagine my situation as an Asian Muslim :jisoosmh:
 
  • Sad
Reactions: Yili
Joined
19 October 2020
Messages
19,165
Reactions Received
28,437
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
1,455
Fandom
multi BG
Gender
Female
I have heard about them before, it's a topic that I hear since I am majoring in Chinese and take Chinese culture classes. That being said I find it horrific. I wish there was something that I could personally do about it. It's one of many reasons that I won't go visiting China. What with Hong Kong as well, it makes them look worse and worse and I already think very lowly of the government.

One of the reasons I refuse to watch the Mulan remake is because it is reported that filming for the movie partly took place in that same province. Disney also thanked the Chinese government for permission to film there. I find it honestly detestable that they would choose that places of all of China.

"Criticism has also been directed at the fact that filming took place in the province of Xinjiang, where internment camps containing up to a million ethnically Turkic citizens are located. At the end of the credits, the film gives special thanks to several government entities in Xinjiang, including the now-sanctioned Xinjiang Public Security Bureau in Turpan, which operates the internment camps, and several local committees of the Publicity Department of the Chinese Communist Party.[94][95] The public security bureau in Turpan was added to the U.S. Bureau of Industry and Security's Entity List in October 2019.[96][97] "

thank you so much for providing the additional information! the fact that the world is so corrupted and China doesn´t have to pay for its actions (for tha actions of the politicians, not its citizens) is horrifying.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Yili

Yili

Stay • Czennie • Teume • Moodz • One-It • Villain
.
.
Joined
13 November 2018
Messages
36,941
Reactions Received
64,079
Location
You did well Moonbin <3
Website
flyhighyili.carrd.co
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
Multi <3
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
Unfortunately petitions don't really do much when it comes to this situation I believe bc like you mentioned it's in another country.

I see what you're saying about Asians and Muslims. Now imagine my situation as an Asian Muslim :jisoosmh:
It is really upsetting to see. I'm a Christian so ofc there is persecution against some Christians but Muslims have it so much more horrible. Just wish people could learn to respect each other's beliefs
 
  • Like
Reactions: Mayday
Joined
19 October 2020
Messages
19,165
Reactions Received
28,437
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
1,455
Fandom
multi BG
Gender
Female
I think it really REALLY doesn't help that the media tends to twist Islam's message to such a significant degree. And the issue is that both the left AND the right don't really like Islam and I've seen very prominent Islamophobia on both ends of the political spectrum. The right islamophobes think Islam is oppressive and aggressive whereas the left islamophobes think Islam is misogynistic and homophobic, both sets of ideologies which do not pertain to islam in any way shape or manner. So it's like Muslims really have no one to turn to which is why I feel like Muslim problems aren't actually properly acknowledged. I'm very VERY privileged to not have experienced much Islamophobia growing up in the States (directly) but it still disturbs me.
it´s not just that people are afraid of islam, but also because they are afraid that China has a huge economic power. they know that despite everything, they can try to go against China, but look at how huge they are when it comes to production. it´s all about money. and the world powers are lucky, because everyone is gonna turn a blind eye on the Islamic religion, BUT I don´t see rich muslim countries doing anything either?
 

Yili

Stay • Czennie • Teume • Moodz • One-It • Villain
.
.
Joined
13 November 2018
Messages
36,941
Reactions Received
64,079
Location
You did well Moonbin <3
Website
flyhighyili.carrd.co
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
Multi <3
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
thank you so much for providing the additional information! the fact that the world is so corrupted and China doesn´t have to pay for its actions (for tha actions of the politicians, not its citizens) is horrifying.
Yeah China is so massively powerful that even a country can't speak out against it too much or risk sacrificing their economy or some other thing. Some countries are so heavily reliant on China. It is a dangerous time for a lot of people and in the end the people who suffer the most are the ones who did nothing wrong.
 
  • Like
Reactions: brekker

Mayday

🍓Your 1-Up Girl🍓
.
Joined
26 September 2018
Messages
8,197
Reactions Received
27,145
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
It is really upsetting to see. I'm a Christian so ofc there is persecution against some Christians but Muslims have it so much more horrible. Just wish people could learn to respect each other's beliefs
I think the first step is to stop twisting words of any Holy Book. People forget that Islam comes from Christianity and Christianity comes from Judaism. We believe in the same God and the same Prophets. You'd be surprised how many people ask me if I believe in Jesus smh.

But yeah I have seen so many people just take words of the Quran and twist them in such disturbing ways, or take facts about Islam and just straight up lie. Like one popular one is that the Prophet married a 9 year old which is what a lot of right winged people like to say and it's just blatantly not true. Or a lot of the misogynistic things people say isn't true either. It's tiring on all ends tbh.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Yili and brekker

Mayday

🍓Your 1-Up Girl🍓
.
Joined
26 September 2018
Messages
8,197
Reactions Received
27,145
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
it´s not just that people are afraid of islam, but also because they are afraid that China has a huge economic power. they know that despite everything, they can try to go against China, but look at how huge they are when it comes to production. it´s all about money. and the world powers are lucky, because everyone is gonna turn a blind eye on the Islamic religion, BUT I don´t see rich muslim countries doing anything either?
rich muslim countries are hardly muslim. they twist the words of the quran and push harmful ideologies so i really wouldn't rely on them to genuinely care about islam. they've turned everything islamic radical and have ruined islam's reputation. islam to them is only a mask to cover up their horrible actions.

also like you mentioned china will devour them.
 
  • Like
Reactions: brekker
Joined
19 October 2020
Messages
19,165
Reactions Received
28,437
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
1,455
Fandom
multi BG
Gender
Female
I think the first step is to stop twisting words of any Holy Book. People forget that Islam comes from Christianity and Christianity comes from Judaism. We believe in the same God and the same Prophets. You'd be surprised how many people ask me if I believe in Jesus smh.

But yeah I have seen so many people just take words of the Quran and twist them in such disturbing ways, or take facts about Islam and just straight up lie. Like one popular one is that the Prophet married a 9 year old which is what a lot of right winged people like to say and it's just blatantly not true. Or a lot of the misogynistic things people say isn't true either. It's tiring on all ends tbh.
Religion is a powerful ruler in many countries. I live in a country where 90% of people are atheist. It is hard to explain to them that someone might be religious and hold to some beliefs. Everything has two sides.

I think people should just learn to be tolerant and open minded and we are getting there, we are, but it will take time. However, the lives we might lose while getting there..... it is upsetting.
another thing is .... I believe the world powers could actually do something about this. Where is UNICEF in this? Where are all those charities?
 
  • Like
Reactions: Mayday

Mayday

🍓Your 1-Up Girl🍓
.
Joined
26 September 2018
Messages
8,197
Reactions Received
27,145
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Religion is a powerful ruler in many countries. I live in a country where 90% of people are atheist. It is hard to explain to them that someone might be religious and hold to some beliefs. Everything has two sides.

I think people should just learn to be tolerant and open minded and we are getting there, we are, but it will take time. However, the lives we might lose while getting there..... it is upsetting.
another thing is .... I believe the world powers could actually do something about this. Where is UNICEF in this? Where are all those charities?
they could but honestly...does it affect them? it doesnt affect them so they dont care. governments tend to only help others when it benefits them unfortunately.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread