Yes, humans are visual beings, but... (1 Viewer)

Joined
24 February 2019
Messages
5,718
Reactions Received
22,690
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Ship
So I talked to a friend the other day and a P!nk song came on the radio and I said that I think P!nk is the best woman in the world (talented, humble, strong, unique, kind, smart, beautiful, hilarious, always pushing herself to be better, seems like a great mom...) to which he responded that Jennifer Lopez is the best woman because "she's like 50 and have you seen her?" and I was like wat :taeminface:

Don't misunderstand, J.Lo is fantastic - hardworking, talented, pretty, everything.... but those were not his reasons, he only said this because of how she looks (??) and I was like what about all the other qualities a person can have? Why is how you look the most important thing? sigh these kind of things still disappoint and sadden me..

Really, everywhere you look, whatever is artificial, whatever is being sold to you.. People do heir best to make it pretty looking and for it to appear as perfect as possible. Look at social media, commercials, look at movies and music videos... when's the last time you saw a person with acne? probably never lol and it makes kids think there's something wrong with them, they're not enough, and that they need to be something most people cannot be.. and that's OKAY, this is natural, it's real and no one should suffer because of it, it shouldn't even matter. But we make it matter. In fact, we make it the most important thing and we miss out on our lives chasing after such unimportant and fleeting things..

Most people try to look a certain way, be a certain way, make their life seem a certain way on Instagram and so on, but is that really who you are inside? do you even know who you are inside? do you care..? and are you doing what you're doing because it truly makes you happy or because you think it should since that's what society, the media, and people around you say?

Yes, humans are visual beings, but... This world and its people, life.. they are not meant to be perfect, they are meant to be real and while it's perfectly okay to be attracted to someone or appreciate someone's appearance, do not become obsessed and never hurt someone because of this. We seriously traded children's careless happiness and laughter for making money and chose to trick people by using their insecurities in order to profit, now that's low... and kodoku does not approve of the situation :nekopout:



TL; DR - don't be tricked, don't be sucked into the shalloweness and meaninglessness. Be thankful, know you are blessed and loved, and go tell your kid bro/sis/cousin to be true to themselves no matter what and LET PEOPLE BE THEIR BEAUTIFUL POTATO SELF

rant over, have a nice day everyone :saranghae:
 
Joined
21 February 2019
Messages
59,743
Reactions Received
93,531
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
190,092
Fandom
WizSoneLuv

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Pink reminds me of Amber, or maybe Amber reminds me of Pink.. they are both just down to earth and honest which I love.

I don't really listen western pop, I don't keep up with it so I don't know lot of P!nk's recent stuff, but I love What about Us that she released while ago. At first I thought it was love song, not bad one, but love song anyways. But I looked at lyrics one day and realized that it wasn't love song it was actually societal commentary. Like feeling like world is letting you down at times, falling between lines stuff like that and things don't always working out for everyone, dreams don't always get realized and fullfilled, happy endings don't always happen..

 
Joined
24 February 2019
Messages
5,718
Reactions Received
22,690
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Ship
Pink reminds me of Amber, or maybe Amber reminds me of Pink.. they are both just down to earth and honest which I love.

I don't really listen western pop, I don't keep up with it so I don't know lot of P!nk's recent stuff, but I love What about Us that she released while ago. At first I thought it was love song, not bad one, but love song anyways. But I looked at lyrics one day and realized that it wasn't love song it was actually societal commentary. Like feeling like world is letting you down at times, falling between lines stuff like that and things don't always working out for everyone, dreams don't always get realized and fullfilled, happy endings don't always happen..

true maybe that's why I love Amber so much haha. That song is awesome, yes! My fav P!nk song is still Who Knew... and I love that the video doesn't have a happy ending and the actors are regular looking people :)
 

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
true maybe that's why I love Amber so much haha. That song is awesome, yes! My fav P!nk song is still Who Knew... and I love that the video doesn't have a happy ending and the actors are regular looking people :)
Who Knew is such throwback song for me, used to love it as well. That and U + Ur hand that was my guilty pleasure song xd
 

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
I always loved P!nk and would also say she is the best woman due to the reasons you stated.

Sadly most humans care more about the visuals than the actual person behind the visuals.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread