You know who’s toxic? (1 Viewer)

Joined
24 February 2019
Messages
8,028
Reactions Received
19,590
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Ship
There are toxic army's and there are toxic non army's. There's no point trying to pin it on a fandom. Even with stuff like "BTSpop" there's two sides, people who feel that they're ostracized from other kpop fans and people who think they are superior to other groups. As a general rule if you're saying that a fandom is toxic or people with certain beliefs are toxic then you probably have a case of selective blindness and/or bias where you only find points that suit what you want.
Most ARMYs who are speaking about BTSpop use that as the clownery after all the events that happened in 2017. Their goal is to trigger others Kpop stans. I find that a bit childish but it works.


ARMYs aren’t more toxic than the others top Kpop groups’ fandoms. They are just more numerous at this point.

As an ARMY, I don’t feel welcome anywhere but in safe spaces reserved to us. I began to speak with someone who also loves Kpop IRL and this person began to snob me right after I told her that I am an ARMY. Yet, she was the one acting toxic and who was body-shaming Blackpink at any chance she could get.

Even now, I speak to some people and they often tell me : I don’t like ARMYs but I like you cause you aren’t toxic.


On Allkpop, I made a thread to say that I am an ARMY. Some users became less friendly with me after that.

And sometimes a part of the Kpop community behaves like hypocrites toward BTS because ARMYS ARE TOXIC so if BTS are victims of racism or something else we are going to deny it because we reserve our empathy for others groups.

And let’s not talk about the double standards when some ARMYs act toxic and when it’s fans from others fandoms.

I had no attention to log in for a while but I can’t stay quiet anymore. Thank you for your thread.
 
Last edited:
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
2,548
Reactions Received
9,068
Location
under these bitches skin
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Do you ever just go outside and breathe instead of being bitter and whiny all the time?
she didn't lie though... even though i usually don't agree with the ops opinions, she has a point. I don't think armys care that people hate them anymore,, and kpop fans need to stop acting like they're entitled to everyone's acceptance when they're extremely hypocritical.

I'm not even an army, but even as a blink I've experienced a lot of what the op has talked about. People pick out the worst in every fandom, specifically armys and blinks tbh with you, and they generalize the fandom. they hate and then play the victim when they're called out.
"No stop, it's not toxic when I hate on your group but it's toxic when you try to defend your faves" is the mindset that a lot of kpop fans carry. specifically with bts and bp.

an example would be when kpop fans were all talking about how they didn't need western validation like bp and bts did. they were hating and calling both groups sellouts. but now since they've seen how successful both groups are, they take everything back and jump on any western influencer who praises their groups. its hilarious.

srry op i didn't mean to insert blinks and bp, I just wanted to share my own experience because overall I really do agree with you.
 
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
16,036
Reactions Received
44,289
Location
the female gaze
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
124
Fandom
luoshifemy
Gender
Female
Pronouns
luo/yunxi
Ship
Most ARMYs who are speaking about BTSpop use that as the clownery after all the events that happened in 2017. Their goal is to trigger others Kpop stans. I find that a bit childish but it works.
Correct me if I’m wrong, it’s been awhile, but the armys who started it were 100% serious, no?
ARMYs aren’t more toxic than the others top Kpop groups’ fandoms. They are just more numerous at this point.
THIS is what I get mad about. Is it that hard to understand numbers????? Jesus christ
 
Joined
24 February 2019
Messages
8,028
Reactions Received
19,590
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Ship
Correct me if I’m wrong, it’s been awhile, but the armys who started it were 100% serious, no?

THIS is what I get mad about. Is it that hard to understand sheer numbers????? Jesus christ
They were pissed off back then but it was a way to defend themselves against the people who were saying than now that BTS have their paper award ( the top social artist award) and that they promote in the West, they are sell-outs and they are no longer Kpop.

Notice how these toxic fans belong to fandoms who are voting for the « paper award » nowadays.
 
  • Haha
  • Like
Reactions: potato and Jimimis
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
16,036
Reactions Received
44,289
Location
the female gaze
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
124
Fandom
luoshifemy
Gender
Female
Pronouns
luo/yunxi
Ship
she didn't lie though... even though i usually don't agree with the ops opinions, she has a point. I don't think armys care that people hate them anymore,, and kpop fans need to stop acting like they're entitled to everyone's acceptance when they're extremely hypocritical.

I'm not even an army, but even as a blink I've experienced a lot of what the op has talked about. People pick out the worst in every fandom, specifically armys and blinks tbh with you, and they generalize the fandom. they hate and then play the victim when they're called out.
"No stop, it's not toxic when I hate on your group but it's toxic when you try to defend your faves" is the mindset that a lot of kpop fans carry. specifically with bts and bp.

an example would be when kpop fans were all talking about how they didn't need western validation like bp and bts did. they were hating and calling both groups sellouts. but now since they've seen how successful both groups are, they take everything back and jump on any western influencer who praises their groups. its hilarious.

srry op i didn't mean to insert blinks and bp, I just wanted to share my own experience because overall I really do agree with you.
out of all gg stans, non cringe blinks are the best ones, because they understand what it’s like to have hive mind hate piled onto them. Armys and blinks go through the most hate and pretty chill with it, and then other Kpop stans, when coming across one mildly shady comment, act like their grandma’s just been stabbed
 
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
2,548
Reactions Received
9,068
Location
under these bitches skin
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
out of all gg stans, non cringe blinks are the best ones, because they understand what it’s like to have hive mind hate piled onto them. Armys and blinks go through the most hate and pretty chill with it, and then other Kpop stans, when coming across one mildly shady comment, act like their grandma’s just been stabbed
right, honestly even though blinks and armys fight a lot, we really did go through similar experiences when it comes to our fandoms. Everybody seems to forget what other fandoms do and even sweep it under the rug when they do shit that's worse then what any other blink or army did. but as soon as they see a army/blink troll account on twitter that has zero followers comment something like "___ is flop" they go batshit crazy and start talking about how we're the worst fandoms in kpop and how we always bring other groups down. like of course armys and blinks are definitely not angels compared to anyone else but its more like, just keep the same energy with everyone instead of targetting two fandoms for no reason.
:we_kpopsourcing:
 
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
16,036
Reactions Received
44,289
Location
the female gaze
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
124
Fandom
luoshifemy
Gender
Female
Pronouns
luo/yunxi
Ship
right, honestly even though blinks and armys fight a lot, we really did go through similar experiences when it comes to our fandoms. Everybody seems to forget what other fandoms do and even sweep it under the rug when they do shit that's worse then what any other blink or army did. but as soon as they see a army/blink troll account on twitter that has zero followers comment something like "___ is flop" they go batshit crazy and start talking about how we're the worst fandoms in kpop and how we always bring other groups down. like of course armys and blinks are definitely not angels compared to anyone else but its more like, just keep the same energy with everyone instead of targetting two fandoms for no reason.
:we_kpopsourcing:
I used to kinda hate blinks because “oh toxic blah blah” but then I realized that I was being an idiot lol. (Now I just hate gg stans all equally : D) Lots of blinks suck, lots of armys suck, and lots of Kpop fans suck, and they should really stop acting like they’re better than us
 
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
2,548
Reactions Received
9,068
Location
under these bitches skin
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
I used to kinda hate blinks because “oh toxic blah blah” but then I realized that I was being an idiot lol. Lots of blinks suck, lots of armys suck, and lots of Kpop fans suck, and they should really stop acting like they’re better than us
I felt the same way about armys until I just started ignoring them and found out that a lot of armys don't actually agree with the whole "btspop" supremacist type of mentality, I just stopped generalizing. But I definitely agree with you, at the end of the day were all kpop fans so really nobody is better than anyone in this hellhole of a genre lmao
 
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
16,036
Reactions Received
44,289
Location
the female gaze
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
124
Fandom
luoshifemy
Gender
Female
Pronouns
luo/yunxi
Ship
I felt the same way about armys until I just started ignoring them and found out that a lot of armys don't actually agree with the whole "btspop" supremacist type of mentality, I just stopped generalizing. But I definitely agree with you, at the end of the day were all kpop fans so really nobody is better than anyone in this hellhole of a genre lmao
I am almost ready to pronounce you reasonable, but you’re gonna have to fix this
even though i usually don't agree with the ops opinions
:chickill:
 
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
2,548
Reactions Received
9,068
Location
under these bitches skin
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
I am almost ready to pronounce you reasonable, but you’re gonna have to fix this

:chickill:
srry, ill admit that your funny, but you don't like ggs so its only natural that my opinions don't fall in line with yours :zoomeyes:
 
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
16,036
Reactions Received
44,289
Location
the female gaze
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
124
Fandom
luoshifemy
Gender
Female
Pronouns
luo/yunxi
Ship
srry, ill admit that your funny, but you don't like ggs so its only natural that my opinions don't fall in line with yours :zoomeyes:
I’ll take what I can get :sanapray:
 
Joined
21 November 2018
Messages
5,047
Reactions Received
18,455
Location
ARMY Base 💕
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
8
Ship
You can find toxic fans in every fandom. I dont believe in peacful kpop fandoms in general, never seen one. This is kpop after all. But this can go to every kind of fandom I guess.
As for being an army... Well lol. Idk why people even hate fandoms. Since i joined to this fandom i pretty much did nothing but sometimes you can just feel how people feel about you because you belong to a certain fandom.

Also op i have never seen you being this serious.
But i can understand your frustation. Its tiring seeing the same shit.
 
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
16,036
Reactions Received
44,289
Location
the female gaze
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
124
Fandom
luoshifemy
Gender
Female
Pronouns
luo/yunxi
Ship
  • Haha
Reactions: potato and Hajima
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
16,036
Reactions Received
44,289
Location
the female gaze
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
124
Fandom
luoshifemy
Gender
Female
Pronouns
luo/yunxi
Ship
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
16,036
Reactions Received
44,289
Location
the female gaze
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
124
Fandom
luoshifemy
Gender
Female
Pronouns
luo/yunxi
Ship
Ofc you do. I remember you from akp. You were in the army chatroom too.
And whenever we talk here we are just fooling around or dying over bts
:pandamad:PAY CLOSER ATTENTION TO MY THREADS OR ILL DO ?something? AND YOULL REGRET IT :pandamad:
 
  • Wow
  • Like
Reactions: potato and Soleski
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
16,036
Reactions Received
44,289
Location
the female gaze
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
124
Fandom
luoshifemy
Gender
Female
Pronouns
luo/yunxi
Ship
  • Sad
Reactions: potato and Soleski

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread