- Joined
- 18 November 2018
- Messages
- 3,403
- Reactions Received
- 17,163
- Location
- Edinburgh, Scotland
- Cards
- View Profile
- KS Coins
- 2,412
- Fandom
- Reveluv & Uaena
5 years ago on the 7th October 2015, Taeyeon made her long and highly anticipated solo debut with her solo song and album that were both titled 'I'.
Teasers:
MV:
Debut stage:
MAMA 2015 stage:
I instantly fell in love with her debut song and album, and it went on to become my favourite song of 2015 (No competition there). And not only was 'I' my favourite song of 2015. The song has also gone on to be my favourite song of the 2010's.
And I don't just say that because of how much I was anticipating Taeyeon's solo debut, after I fell in love with Girls' Generation many years prior. I grew up listening to rock music, and the soft rock instrumentals and Taeyeon's strong and powerful vocals, like a drug, were an instant addiction....
And that was only the beginning of Taeyeon's illustrious solo career. She has gone on to have hit after hit, such as '11:11', 'Fine', and 'Four Seasons', as well as a successful Japanese solo debut with 'Stay' and subsequent Japanese comebacks with 'Voice' and her most recent release 'GirlsSpkOut'.
Taeyeon has built one magnificent discography that can be enjoyed for countless hours, as you bath in many of Taeyeon's different voices in the vast array of genres that she has covered.
How about everyone else, though? What are your Top 5 title tracks and Top 5 B sides from Taeyeon?
Here is my list:
Title tracks;
#1. 'I'
#2. '11:11'
#3. 'Fine'
#4. 'Why'
#5. 'Stay'
Top 5 B Sides;
#1. U R
#2. Time Lapse
#3. Vanilla
#4. Cover Up
#5. Blue
Finally, one final question.
What has been your favourite memory of Taeyeon? @Sone
For me, it would be when I saw her live at her Persona in Seoul concert in 2017. Not only was seeing Taeyeon a dream come true for me. But from the moment that she started the concert by entering the stage as she hit the high notes to 'U R', to the very end of the concert. Never had I been more blown away by someone's vocals. Her voice is like being hit by a tsunami. It just hits you hard and consumes your entire existence, as you enter a new world of sensations. That is what seeing Taeyeon is like, and that is my favourite memory of Taeyeon. And a memory that shall live with me for my entire lifetime.